blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:49:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2425 2426 2427 2428 [2429] 2430 2431 2432 2433 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320200 times)
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36420 on: January 31, 2014, 01:48:06 PM »

So, after sonour mentioned Vicky, I wanted to find something, a wonderful article Miss Coren had written a while back. google it is, then.

And I stumbled across something that made me realise how much things have changed. 

The thread I'm going to link too has no dissenters, & the Mods at 2+2 saw no need to Moderate it, apparently.

Is this how we behave these days? Is this normal? Do people really mean these things? Would they say it to their face?

I can honestly say, that thread was a slap in the face to me. I can barely believe such horrible people exist, & how much society has changed in so short a time.. 

Perhaps it is "humour", & I'm missing the point. Yes, no?

Note, for example, the Post by "sjiiex" on Page 1 of the thread.

WARNING - this may cause offence.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker-beats-brags-variance/i-wana-bang-vicky-coren-1098233/

It is not humour and you are not missing the point. You only have to watch programmes like Jeremy Kyle to realise how some people live and behave.
They wouldn't say it to her face and if they did she would soon put them in their place.
I don't know what more to say, it really is sickening. I'm just glad we don't get any of that sort of rubbish on Blonde.

Well there we have it.

Consecutive replies say "that made me laugh" & "it really is sickening".

I suppose there is room for all views.

We do sometimes have blondes saying they'd like us to be more like 2+2, & I've no idea how to reply. I do know I'd rather the place closed than let it go down that route, but I also know that the Membership as a whole are of a much younger generation, who expect different things.

"that sort of rubbish on blonde"? It may well happen, but not whilst I'm here.

On a brighter note, I think I'm going to play my first Live Poker in about 6 months next week, & toodle up to the Vic to play the GUKPT Omaha jhobbie. With real people, face to face. 

I've actually played more poker Online in the last few months than ever before, I did a little Challenge, which I absolutely loved, & enjoyed every minute of. Just small-ball, turning £200 into £1,000, which I achieved, momentarily. Currently, I'm turning £1,000 into £200 it seems, judging by this week's sessions.

All good really.

It's this very section I agree with the most. Blonde is more for older, wiser and less juvenile poker player....sure 2+2 are largely my generation (trust me, I'm not proud of it) but I appreciate the debates and topics on here FAR MORE than a bunch of puberty ridden morons who love to berate everyone with less skill than them in a global dick waving contest....it's sad really.

And agree with the contrast, differing opinions on comedy are what makes it great.

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #36421 on: January 31, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »

Hear not here lol
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36422 on: January 31, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »

So, after sonour mentioned Vicky, I wanted to find something, a wonderful article Miss Coren had written a while back. google it is, then.

And I stumbled across something that made me realise how much things have changed. 

The thread I'm going to link too has no dissenters, & the Mods at 2+2 saw no need to Moderate it, apparently.

Is this how we behave these days? Is this normal? Do people really mean these things? Would they say it to their face?

I can honestly say, that thread was a slap in the face to me. I can barely believe such horrible people exist, & how much society has changed in so short a time.. 

Perhaps it is "humour", & I'm missing the point. Yes, no?

Note, for example, the Post by "sjiiex" on Page 1 of the thread.

WARNING - this may cause offence.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker-beats-brags-variance/i-wana-bang-vicky-coren-1098233/

This made me laugh FAR more than it probably should have....gotta love dem yanks xD

Ha!

That's the thing, you see, we all see these things in a different way.

To me, it was utterly vile, as were those who contributed, to others, quite normal people, regular guys, it's very funny.

I think I spend too much time thinking about these things, maybe I need to get out more. Or less.

Funny ? I'm speechless. Well actually no I'm not. This isn't intended as personal against anybody but what kind of person would find that funny ?
It's not an age thing Tikay, it's a matter of upbringing or as my old headmaster used to say breeding. I can here him mutter it now ' no breeding, Lisa, no breeding '
Their  parents have a lot to answer for. Where did it all go wrong Tikay?

Totally disagree with this, I've been brought up effectively with an iron fist, and in my public life can behave as I'm expected to basically at all times...

Still doesn't mean I can't laugh my head off at stuff I probably shouldn't though.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36423 on: January 31, 2014, 01:52:11 PM »

That's the problem with kids today; they think they invented abuse.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36424 on: January 31, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »

That's the problem with kids today; they think they invented abuse.

They invented a form of it which the older generation find irritating.
As much as I don't agree with my generations take on it. I would imagine when you lot were young (huehuehue) that your "elders" thought much the same thing.

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #36425 on: January 31, 2014, 01:58:15 PM »

Tikay,

Have you read For Richer, For Poorer : A Love Affair with Poker by Victoria Coren ?

I really enjoyed it and think you might too. I have finished with my copy and could send it to you if you so wish ?

Thanks Lisa, and yes, I've read it - twice actually.

I must tell you, even though I'm sure a few people will misinterpret it, but I'm a tremendous admirer of Miss Coren, in almost every which way. I'm talking as a person, not "sex-based", I just respect everything about her. She is prone, at times, to play poker without bothering to wear make up, or fix her hair. I hope this does not come across the wrong way, but I adore her for that.

Her writing, newspaper articles, her TV work, her appearances on HIGNFY, her poker abilities - quite a thing for a young lady to win an EPT, you know - my respect for her is immense. Sharing a poker table with Vicky - which I've probably only done 2 or 3 times - is the greatest fun ever, too, she has such an interesting personna. I'm almost fixated by her, though not in a bad or sinister way. We are, I suppose, more acquaintances than friends, though to me, I use the old-fashioned definition of "friend", not the modern Facebook version.

Her Dad, now sadly passed on, was an astonishingly perceptive & witty writer, & great on the wireless, too, & he must have been so proud of here. She has a brother, Giles I think, he's quite a character, too.

I'm not a lurker in the modern sense, but I avidly read everything she writes, everywhere.

I'm working very hard to get certain "faces" to play the UKPC, & doing just fine, but I can tell you, if Vicky is there, I'll be chuffed to bits.

"Respect" does not seem to have a place in poker these days, but my respect for her is enormous.

Meanwhile, more on the Vicky front later, if I dare, but that won't be quite so nice to read......

Did you see her on Question Time ? I don't know if she has been on more than once but this about 9 months ago. She was brilliant. If you haven't seen it and could somehow find it, I am sure you would enjoy it.

If you type 'vicky coren on question time' into google the third youtube entry down is the full 45 minute programme. Please promise me you will watch it Tikay ?
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #36426 on: January 31, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »

Argghhhhh, my favorite topic!!!  Talking about the kids from the internet and not a single sign of a gif?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36427 on: January 31, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »

Tikay,

Have you read For Richer, For Poorer : A Love Affair with Poker by Victoria Coren ?

I really enjoyed it and think you might too. I have finished with my copy and could send it to you if you so wish ?

I must tell you, even though I'm sure a few people will misinterpret it, but I'm a tremendous admirer of Miss Coren, in almost every which way. I'm talking as a person, not "sex-based", I just respect everything about her. She is prone, at times, to play poker without bothering to wear make up, or fix her hair. I hope this does not come across the wrong way, but I adore her for that.

Her writing, newspaper articles, her TV work, her appearances on HIGNFY, her poker abilities - quite a thing for a young lady to win an EPT, you know - my respect for her is immense. Sharing a poker table with Vicky - which I've probably only done 2 or 3 times - is the greatest fun ever, too, she has such an interesting personna. I'm almost fixated by her, though not in a bad or sinister way. We are, I suppose, more acquaintances than friends, though to me, I use the old-fashioned definition of "friend", not the modern Facebook version.

Her Dad, now sadly passed on, was an astonishingly perceptive & witty writer, & great on the wireless, too, & he must have been so proud of here. She has a brother, Giles I think, he's quite a character, too.

I'm not a lurker in the modern sense, but I avidly read everything she writes, everywhere.

I'm working very hard to get certain "faces" to play the UKPC, & doing just fine, but I can tell you, if Vicky is there, I'll be chuffed to bits.

"Respect" does not seem to have a place in poker these days, but my respect for her is enormous.

Meanwhile, more on the Vicky front later, if I dare, but that won't be quite so nice to read......

Did you see her on Question Time ? I don't know if she has been on more than once but this about 9 months ago. She was brilliant. If you haven't seen it and could somehow find it, I am sure you would enjoy it.

If you type 'vicky coren on question time' into google the third youtube entry down is the full 45 minute programme. Please promise me you will watch it Tikay ?

BOOKED

Will watch it tonight.

Thank you.

Don't think I'd want to be on the wrong side of her in a debate. No Sirrree.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36428 on: January 31, 2014, 02:02:33 PM »

Argghhhhh, my favorite topic!!!  Talking about the kids from the internet and not a single sign of a gif?

Ha, GifTom has arrived.

All good debate, & I find it utterly fascinating how views can differ so.

UKPC for you? Just be there.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #36429 on: January 31, 2014, 02:03:41 PM »

bahaha. this was too much for me.

Re: 2p2 thread, honestly I chuckled just a little. At the same time I think chuckling and contributing to a thread are entirely different things, something I would never think of doing.

Feel like this is just the way of alot of the 2p2 posters though. Feel they are entitled to an overly disrespectful view on every single topic out there, hiding behind a keyboard because they can.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #36430 on: January 31, 2014, 02:05:18 PM »

Tikay,

Isn't watching Question Time a bit like that thread on 2 plus 2.  Page 2 had a Chris Brown joke that made me smile, but you have to wade through a lot of crap to get there.  

Chris who? Says Tikay.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #36431 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »

Pre internet the people that you 'interacted' with were generally your friends or like minded people. If you did encounter a dickhead then it would usually be fleeting.

Now if those dickheads want to keep talking to you they can do. If you want to find a group of people who have a particular type of view on anything then just google and you are there.

Kinda similar to how people moan about spelling etc now. If someone had a problem with writing 30 years ago, then you were unlikely gonna see it as they just didn't have the platform. Now anyone has the ability to get there point across to potential millions of people.

On my phone at the minute but there's actually quite a dangerous bit of legislation coming in soon about the internet, yet it's made up to look like it's making us safer.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #36432 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:28 PM »

Ha, GifTom has arrived.

All good debate, & I find it utterly fascinating how views can differ so.

UKPC for you? Just be there.

Good afternoon Mr Kendall.  I had always planned to play it, but I'm questioning my decision at the minute.  I will probably just decide on the day if I fancy it or not.  Got bankroll decisions to make.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36433 on: January 31, 2014, 02:15:45 PM »

Tikay,

Isn't watching Question Time a bit like that thread on 2 plus 2.  Page 2 had a Chris Brown joke that made me smile, but you have to wade through a lot of crap to get there.  

Chris who? Says Tikay.

No no no, I know who Chris is - Rihanna's ex, right? Knocked her about, da de da. Got back together last year. Split again now.

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #36434 on: January 31, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »

On a similar vein how about when someone types into a chat box ' I hope your Mother dies of cancer '
Does anyone find that funny, clever, acceptable ?
It makes me feel sick just typing it.
Pages: 1 ... 2425 2426 2427 2428 [2429] 2430 2431 2432 2433 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: