blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:01:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272624 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2682 2683 2684 2685 [2686] 2687 2688 2689 2690 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6335316 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40275 on: November 14, 2014, 06:47:46 PM »

Had to submit my Bluff Europe Monthly Article this week. I've had a month to prep it but had terrible writers block. Decided to leave it until next week, as I'm going away for a few days. Suddenly, I get a note from them yesterday, "need it by Noon tomorrow", so that threw me into a tizz. Got up at 4am this morning & knocked it off in 4 or 5 hours.

Wanted to include some personal views on the bashing that 'Stars are currently taking, but it's all a bit delicate really, as 'Stars are a huge advertiser in all the print media, so you have to tread very carefully. Was also keen to comment on Danny Negranau, who is getting a good beating over on 2+2 for preaching the 'Stars line. Most ridic thing ever, he is paid a fortune by 'Stars, what to people expect him to say, "'Stars are shite"?

Anyway, cobbled together 6 or 7 pieces & 2,000 words & sent it across. It's all a bit oddbeat, my stuff, everyone else's Column (Channing excepted) is deadly serious, hoody up stuff, & nobody writes the way I do......

Last month, they used this photo of me, which is a lovely reminder of happy days in Vegas - I was on the way to 11th in a WSOP Event here. Happy days indeed. I returned this year, of course, & got proper beaten up in everything I played, barely won a hand in a month, & 20 odd MTT's, lol. Gotta love poker.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:50:27 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40276 on: November 14, 2014, 06:54:51 PM »

My Contract was renewed this week, too, so that's me sorted for another year I guess. Truth is, if they want rid, or I want to walk, the Contract is meaningless in a way, but it sort of feels nice to be wanted, especially at my age. I've become incredibly conscious of my age, & declining mental powers. (More to follow on that.....). 

I've actually been very busy at work of late, which I like, but I had been a bit quiet for the last year, sort of sitting quietly in the corner, so it is quite uphill for me to get back up to speed. Now, all of a sudden, my e-Mails are being replied to again. It realy pisses me off when I send e-Mails to the Office & they fail to reply, though, to be fair to them, I do send quite a lot & I guess some of them are a bit left-field. I bet they roll their eyebrows when they see an e-Mail from me. Anyway, the main thing is that the Business has become incredibly succesful, & revenues are steeply up y-o-y. Can't think of many Online Poker Sites who can say that. Exciting times, & it's very satisfying to feel a part of a succesful team, even if I only have a very small role. I was going to say "I only have a very small part", but that was too much of an open goal.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40277 on: November 14, 2014, 06:57:18 PM »

Tomorrow morning, I'm off to Geneva for a few days, to see a few sights & have a bit of a break.

Click to see full-size image.

Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40278 on: November 14, 2014, 07:03:20 PM »

I was reading on the BBC website that soon you will be able to get a train all the way from St Pancras to Geneva daily.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40279 on: November 14, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »

I was reading on the BBC website that soon you will be able to get a train all the way from St Pancras to Geneva daily.

Really?

My original plan this weekend was to go to Lille from St Pancras on Eurostar, but Eurostar is incredibly expensive compared to Easy Jet & Ryanair.

Anyway, it's booked now, Geneva it is.

Gonna get a train on Sunday from Geneva up to Montreux, the track runs right alongside Lake Geneva, with the Alps (mountain things) visible in the distance. I'll take the camera, too, so you won't miss a thing.

Then, from Montreux, this little jobbie which is a cog railway, & goes right up the mountain.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #40280 on: November 14, 2014, 07:49:51 PM »

Have a great trip and rest Tikay
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40281 on: November 14, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »

Have a great trip and rest Tikay

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #40282 on: November 14, 2014, 08:43:34 PM »

Had to submit my Bluff Europe Monthly Article this week. I've had a month to prep it but had terrible writers block. Decided to leave it until next week, as I'm going away for a few days. Suddenly, I get a note from them yesterday, "need it by Noon tomorrow", so that threw me into a tizz. Got up at 4am this morning & knocked it off in 4 or 5 hours.

Wanted to include some personal views on the bashing that 'Stars are currently taking, but it's all a bit delicate really, as 'Stars are a huge advertiser in all the print media, so you have to tread very carefully. Was also keen to comment on Danny Negranau, who is getting a good beating over on 2+2 for preaching the 'Stars line. Most ridic thing ever, he is paid a fortune by 'Stars, what to people expect him to say, "'Stars are shite"?

Anyway, cobbled together 6 or 7 pieces & 2,000 words & sent it across. It's all a bit oddbeat, my stuff, everyone else's Column (Channing excepted) is deadly serious, hoody up stuff, & nobody writes the way I do......

Last month, they used this photo of me, which is a lovely reminder of happy days in Vegas - I was on the way to 11th in a WSOP Event here. Happy days indeed. I returned this year, of course, & got proper beaten up in everything I played, barely won a hand in a month, & 20 odd MTT's, lol. Gotta love poker.

Pretty sure you did ok in at least one plo8 jobbie (knocked me out on FT bubble?!) in Vegas.

Enjoy the holiday!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40283 on: November 14, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »

yep, leave the skis at home  Wink

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #40284 on: November 15, 2014, 12:50:00 AM »

My Contract was renewed this week, too, so that's me sorted for another year I guess. Truth is, if they want rid, or I want to walk, the Contract is meaningless in a way, but it sort of feels nice to be wanted, especially at my age. I've become incredibly conscious of my age, & declining mental powers. (More to follow on that.....). 

Good to hear that your contract was renewed. Julie and I were watching the show last week and reminiscing about the "old days" on Sky. You and Boycie were presenting/analysing, I believe.

Its a pity that Sky only do live shows 3 days a week now but I assume the cost of them is not cost-effective for the money it brings in?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #40285 on: November 15, 2014, 01:15:01 AM »

Really?

My original plan this weekend was to go to Lille from St Pancras on Eurostar, but Eurostar is incredibly expensive compared to Easy Jet & Ryanair.

Anyway, it's booked now, Geneva it is.

Gonna get a train on Sunday from Geneva up to Montreux, the track runs right alongside Lake Geneva, with the Alps (mountain things) visible in the distance. I'll take the camera, too, so you won't miss a thing.

Then, from Montreux, this little jobbie which is a cog railway, & goes right up the mountain.

When I was around eleven or twelve I went to Switzerland with my parents for the only winter/skiing holiday of my life and we took a train up the mountain from Geneva iirc, it's a really steep climb too. We went to a place called Chateau D'Oeux(sp?) I would imagine that you might pass through there.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40286 on: November 16, 2014, 01:38:06 PM »

Hello from Rochers de Naye, 2,043 metres (6,700 feet) above Lake Geneva, right up in the Swiss Alps.

Got here via the cog railway from Montreaux, after catching a train from Geneva.

Might ski back down.

Lovely bar and restaurant here at the summit. Am having an Ovaltine.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #40287 on: November 16, 2014, 01:45:05 PM »

Enjoy and plenty of photographs.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #40288 on: November 16, 2014, 01:56:03 PM »

Have a relaxing break. Hope the negotiations with FIFA are fruitful.

Fred is crushing in your absence, btw Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #40289 on: November 16, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »

Enjoy and plenty of photographs.

This please.

Pages: 1 ... 2682 2683 2684 2685 [2686] 2687 2688 2689 2690 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: