blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:29:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2678 2679 2680 2681 [2682] 2683 2684 2685 2686 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332923 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #40215 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:32 PM »

Ever feel like you've been doing the same thing over and over for years?

http://en.chessbase.com/post/barden-on-the-longest-running-chess-column

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #40216 on: October 28, 2014, 12:30:30 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/london/11190107/Londons-lost-Tube-stations-in-pictures.html?frame=3086558

Closed underground stations still around. One of them is now a bookshop....
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:33:12 AM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40217 on: October 28, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »

My mother would like to know where the best place (Tracks, museums etc) is for steam train enthusiasts near Sheffield?

I presume that's what she meant, I hope it wasn't some sort of euphemism.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40218 on: October 28, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »

My mother would like to know where the best place (Tracks, museums etc) is for steam train enthusiasts near Sheffield?

I presume that's what she meant, I hope it wasn't some sort of euphemism.

If you lot keep calling them steam trains, Tony will do his nut. I can feel him wincing from here.

The older I get, the better I was.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #40219 on: October 28, 2014, 12:22:20 PM »

I'm not sure it's close enough, but York Railway Museum is about an hour away.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #40220 on: October 28, 2014, 03:55:17 PM »

^^^

Have you had your 'flu' jab Tony?

The reason I ask is because I had mine just over a week ago and felt decidedly off-colour for a few days afterwards.

Hopefully you are now back in fine fettle again.

My kids had their flu jabs last week but it is now a squirt up the nostril (my girl went to school and told everyone she had had a flea jab, so she didn't get fleas ;o) )

Is that the same for everyone these days Ralph, seems a far nicer way of administering it.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #40221 on: October 28, 2014, 04:31:08 PM »

^^^

The reason I ask is because I had mine just over a week ago and felt decidedly off-colour for a few days afterwards.

My kids had their flu jabs last week but it is now a squirt up the nostril (my girl went to school and told everyone she had had a flea jab, so she didn't get fleas ;o) )

Is that the same for everyone these days Ralph, seems a far nicer way of administering it.

Never heard about the nasal spray one Phil.

It's the regulation jab in the upper arm for us old fogeys.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #40222 on: October 28, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »

^^^

Never heard about the nasal spray one Phil.

It's the regulation jab in the upper arm for us old fogeys.

I was surprised when we went coz think it was still the jab last time they had it. Sounds a bit ageist to me Ralph!

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40223 on: October 28, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »

^^^

Not me Ralph, never had a 'flu jab in my life.

I've been in bed since Sunday for 90% of the time, flu, cold, but mostly a "chest", but fortunately, Tom has been very understanding & sympathetic.

I so nearly threw a sickie for tonight's Show, but that would be the first time ever, & I'm sort of stubbornly determined to never miss a shift through illness. Be a shame to spoil that record after 52 years, so I'm in the Office now, & really looking forward to 5 hours in the Studio. Not. 

We are previewing the Breeders Cup & Melbourne Cup on tonight's Show, neither of which I know too much about, or which ignite much enthusiasm in me. Luckily horsey has helped me out with some stuff, God bless him.   

Sorry about lack of replies on Diary, I've just felt so lethargic for the last week & am struggling to do anything. I play online poker every single night, it's the perfect way for me to relax & unwind, & get away from all the aggro, but I've not even done that since Friday or Saturday.

Fingers crossed normal service will be resumed shortly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40224 on: October 28, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »

I've been in bed since Sunday for 90% of the time, flu, cold, but mostly a "chest", but fortunately, Tom has been very understanding & sympathetic.

I've been nagging him for 10 years to give up smoking and take care of himself a bit better but it's like trying to shove butter up a porcupine's arse with a hot needle.

Now he's being aided and abbeted by that well known health guru, Booder, who helpfully told him that there is no point in giving up smoking.

Talk about the blind leading the blind....
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:47:30 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #40225 on: October 28, 2014, 05:54:57 PM »

I am in awe of his cunning plan to attract more viewers to the show in case he does a Tommy Cooper live on air.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40226 on: October 28, 2014, 05:58:58 PM »

I am in awe of his cunning plan to attract more viewers to the show in case he does a Tommy Cooper live on air.

Nah... Tommy Cooper only died on TV once.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40227 on: October 28, 2014, 06:02:24 PM »

No danger of that, I've just taken my medicine.....

2 Lem Sips

1 large swig of Bennylin

4 Nurofens

2 Contac

Lol @ the fuss us men make over a twopenny cold!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40228 on: October 28, 2014, 06:03:16 PM »

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #40229 on: October 28, 2014, 06:05:19 PM »

^^^

[/quote
My youngest gets the nasal spray as she is under 3.  Think they do jabs over that round here, but the eldest doesn't qualify.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 2678 2679 2680 2681 [2682] 2683 2684 2685 2686 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: