blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:38:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3182 3183 3184 3185 [3186] 3187 3188 3189 3190 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6328130 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47775 on: January 14, 2017, 11:11:52 AM »

In one of those dreadful theme parks in one of those dreadful places - Norwich - there lives the largest Tortoise in the world with wheels.

He is 23, & has severe arthritis in his hind legs, so the wheels enable him to get around.

He's a proper big bugger, too - the regular sized tortoise on his back gives us scale.

His name is Bert. Obv.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #47776 on: January 16, 2017, 12:24:08 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38317186

The hidden strengths of unloved concrete

"ready-mixed concrete dramatically improved children's education"

Interesting article. No, really.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #47777 on: January 17, 2017, 12:46:49 AM »

In one of those dreadful theme parks in one of those dreadful places - Norwich - there lives the largest Tortoise in the world with wheels.

He is 23, & has severe arthritis in his hind legs, so the wheels enable him to get around.

He's a proper big bugger, too - the regular sized tortoise on his back gives us scale.

His name is Bert. Obv.

Did you read the back story to this?

Randy fucker he is.

Edit.....should clarify I mean the turtle thing, not you Tikay Smiley
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:03:27 AM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47778 on: January 22, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »

This was Mt Charlston yesterday, just a 20 minute drive from the Las Vegas Strip.

https://twitter.com/GoMtCharleston
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:58:21 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47779 on: January 22, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »

Gill had to give up her jogging. She has a long standing back problem, & the jogging, 20 or 30 miles some weeks, was inflaming it & causing her pain & distress.

She was devastated, as she had really taken to it, & "organised runs" were a major highlight. I enjoyed going to then with her, too, most of them seemed really decent people. I always arranged a little trophy for Gill, too. And now, she cant do it any more. Such a shame.

Countless visits to Doctors, Consultants, Hospitals, all sorts, all said the same, jogging is an "impact" activity & she must stop right away.   

Next thing, she has taken up....swimming. Whilst down here with me over Xmas, she went swimming every day at Hampton OUTDOOR swimming pool. She swims, roughly, 2 miles per session. And I sit at home tip tapping.

It was so cold over Xmas that the Pool at Hampton was steaming.

She's such a boss.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47780 on: January 22, 2017, 11:55:26 AM »

And now.........horse riding.

This was her 2nd outing, yesterday.

The first one was a bit of a disaster. She is a bit scared of horses & they stuck her on one 17 hands high. That never went well.

So she tried again yesterday. It was better, but not ideal. She said to me "I don't really like sitting on animals that move". Guess that's a bit of a problem then. 

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47781 on: January 22, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »

Looking quite trim there Tony

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47782 on: January 22, 2017, 12:29:10 PM »

Tony? I thought that was Bert with his shell off.

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47783 on: January 22, 2017, 01:06:12 PM »

Quite a surprise. I thought he would be rocking burgundy trunks.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47784 on: January 22, 2017, 06:54:32 PM »

And now.........horse riding.

This was her 2nd outing, yesterday.

The first one was a bit of a disaster. She is a bit scared of horses & they stuck her on one 17 hands high. That never went well.

So she tried again yesterday. It was better, but not ideal. She said to me "I don't really like sitting on animals that move". Guess that's a bit of a problem then. 

I would not have thought that horse-riding is suitable for someone with back problems - especially when the horse is trotting.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #47785 on: January 23, 2017, 10:37:27 AM »

Not sure if the PMs are working, did you get my message on Friday night?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47786 on: January 23, 2017, 10:54:04 AM »

the PM service is down yes.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47787 on: January 23, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »

The PM service fell over Matt, as you know, but I was able to see it on the e-Mail notification. (Which is a "no-reply" affair).

However, it looked as though it contained a "Hand History", & I can't use those for the intended purpose. Just needs to be wordy stuff.

PS - Well done on buggering up yesterday's Forum Competition. 14 Heads in one MTT indeed. You are a beast. Little beast, but a beast. After taking 14 Heads, you did win the MTT, right?  

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #47788 on: January 24, 2017, 12:30:57 PM »

The PM service fell over Matt, as you know, but I was able to see it on the e-Mail notification. (Which is a "no-reply" affair).

However, it looked as though it contained a "Hand History", & I can't use those for the intended purpose. Just needs to be wordy stuff.

PS - Well done on buggering up yesterday's Forum Competition. 14 Heads in one MTT indeed. You are a beast. Little beast, but a beast. After taking 14 Heads, you did win the MTT, right?  

Only 10 heads for me good sir. win the MTT? Well I did start 1/6 so must of at least got top 3 or it would of been a massive fail!

Still not quite over getting 6th to be honest!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47789 on: January 25, 2017, 10:24:39 AM »

This somehow surfaced on Twitter overnight, which for some reason amused me.....

Pages: 1 ... 3182 3183 3184 3185 [3186] 3187 3188 3189 3190 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: