blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3194 3195 3196 3197 [3198] 3199 3200 3201 3202 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320538 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47955 on: February 22, 2017, 10:57:14 AM »

There's an apocryphal story about Stanley Johnson being heckled while cycling in London: "Oi Johnson! You ******!"

Stanley is reported to have shouted back "I think you mean my son"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47956 on: February 22, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »

There's an apocryphal story about Stanley Johnson being heckled while cycling in London: "Oi Johnson! You ******!"

Stanley is reported to have shouted back "I think you mean my son"

Yeah, that would seem credible.

Parents are pretty well off, & Boris was educated at, amongst others, Eton, & Balliol College, Oxford.

I tried to read one of his books a while back, but it was a good way above my head, a bit too heavy for me. I may try again when I've completed my current round of books, which are about the 2008/9 banking crisis & are surprisingly engrossing. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47957 on: February 22, 2017, 11:14:45 AM »

Think I'm going to assemble a little list of the 10 people in public life that I most enjoy, for a variety of different reasons.

Let's try & make a start;

Warren Buffett

Michael O'Leary

Robbie Williams

Boris

Daniel Negreanu

Clare Balding

Ian Hislop

There's 7 to be going on with. Will try & decide on 3 more. Mr Hislop may have to yield to others after deliberations have concluded. 

Anyone else have a Fave 5 or Top Ten?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47958 on: February 22, 2017, 11:38:31 AM »

This photo brought a smile to my face this morning, & for all the right reasons.

I guess Team Hate Everything & Everyone will see this as more grist to their dull mill, but Boris breaks the politician's mould in so many ways. And above everything else he does not take himself too seriously.

I should add I have no idea, nor do I care a jot, what his abilities are as a Politician. 

Love Boris.

By all accounts Idi Amin seemed very nice too.

The older I get, the better I was.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #47959 on: February 22, 2017, 03:06:14 PM »

In view of your love of floppy-haired oafs and all things train related, you might like this this pic Hannah and I snapped on the tube last year Smiley

Click to see full-size image.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47960 on: February 22, 2017, 03:49:45 PM »

The trainers on the right belong to Jeremy Corbyn who is sitting on the floor

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47961 on: February 22, 2017, 05:22:43 PM »

In view of your love of floppy-haired oafs and all things train related, you might like this this pic Hannah and I snapped on the tube last year Smiley

Good spot, Claire.

I'm intrigued by your phrase "on the tube" - I don't recognize what tube line uses that rolling stock. Is it the new District Line rolling stock, or maybe the DLR or Croydon Tram?

I should have told my readers of the adventure Gill & I had on Saturday evening on the DLR, when we visited London City Airport. They love that sort of gripping stuff. (South West Trains via Surbiton to Waterloo, Jubilee to Canning Town then DLR).

Sad ending though, when we arrived at London City Airport, at 6pm on Saturday.....it was closed. You know, proper closed. No flights, & all the doors locked, so we could not even get in.  Who'd have thought? An Airport closed at 6pm on a Saturday. We were outraged.

Anyway, good to see you here. How is Gatters, & Hannah? Hannah must be growing up now. Is she aware of boys yet?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:24:28 PM by tikay » Logged

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #47962 on: February 22, 2017, 06:17:36 PM »

Lol @ Mantis Cheesy

That's the Uxbridge branch of the Met line - those trains have been in service a good few years now.

Dan and Hannah both good. We've had a very difficult couple of years on a personal level but things hopefully moving on to a more even keel now,and our little family unit has become even tighter as a result - every cloud Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #47963 on: February 22, 2017, 06:24:17 PM »

Hannah is 14 now. She has her moments, but overall I'm just super proud of the kind, caring, sassy and funny young adult she is growing into Smiley

I hope you and Gill are keeping well - have you set a date for the wedding yet?

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #47964 on: February 22, 2017, 08:07:48 PM »

Hannah is 14 now. She has her moments, but overall I'm just super proud of the kind, caring, sassy and funny young adult she is growing into Smiley

Grown into a gorgeous looking young lass Claire, best wishes to you all

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47965 on: February 23, 2017, 10:34:57 AM »

Agree with Geo,she is very pretty.I know that you are extremely proud of her.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47966 on: February 23, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »

Oh my, she is beautiful, Claire, & certainly looks like you.

Gill is fine & dandy, thank you, we had a lovely weekend bitting & bobbing. 

What wedding?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47967 on: February 23, 2017, 10:44:35 AM »

Lol @ Mantis Cheesy

That's the Uxbridge branch of the Met line - those trains have been in service a good few years now.

Dan and Hannah both good. We've had a very difficult couple of years on a personal level but things hopefully moving on to a more even keel now,and our little family unit has become even tighter as a result - every cloud Smiley

That explains it - not used that line yet, but it's on the bucket list.

The rural end of the Metropolitan Line is a delight, especially the Amersham & Chesham branches. Chesham Station still has a (disused) signal box. Don't see too many of those on London Transport.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47968 on: February 23, 2017, 10:47:02 AM »

Meanwhile, while excitement is mounting at the prospect of Vegas come WSOP time, it's pretty damn cold up Mt Charlston, just outside Las Vegas.

They even had an avalanche over the weekend, after another 24" of snow fell in 24 hours.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47969 on: February 23, 2017, 10:55:12 AM »

Sad news that David Cassidy - yes, he of the Partridge Family, & quite the heart throb in his prime - is reportedly suffering from dementia. Such a horrible disease.

Life has been a bit of a struggle for him in recent years, with alcoholism, a string of DUI charges, & bankruptcy.

Good looking boy back in the 70's, very photogenic, and does not look too bad now for a 66 year old, & I'd be happy to look that good when I'm his age.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:57:46 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3194 3195 3196 3197 [3198] 3199 3200 3201 3202 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: