blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:26:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3318 3319 3320 3321 [3322] 3323 3324 3325 3326 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334952 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49815 on: June 28, 2017, 11:18:23 AM »

Thanks Tom

Is Paul Jackson a Blonde?  If so, there were 2 of us at the final table.  He was 4th I think.

Really didn't recognise him at first.  He was disguised as an old grey haired man with a beard.  To be fair I am looking pretty haggered myself!

Gn all

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49816 on: June 28, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »

Nice one Doobs.

How much did you win?

Was 15 some, but I got stung for witholding as I don't have a tax number and am off tomorrow.  Will get it back in time. 

Gn

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49817 on: June 28, 2017, 11:42:09 AM »

Great result, David, very well done.

Safe journey home.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49818 on: June 28, 2017, 11:44:32 AM »

Thanks Tom

Is Paul Jackson a Blonde?  If so, there were 2 of us at the final table.  He was 4th I think.

Really didn't recognise him at first.  He was disguised as an old grey haired man with a beard.  To be fair I am looking pretty haggered myself!

Gn all

I did see Paul,there earlier, complete with grey beard, and we chatted a bit.

At the time, Bankroll Supply, which he part owns and or runs I believe, had three players in the last 100 of the Millionaire Maker, including his son, Ben. All three later busted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49819 on: June 28, 2017, 11:46:15 AM »

Bit embarrassed I didn't know that was MintTrav, whom I chat with often here and now I realise I spent a very enjoyable day years back playing at a Gala Tour event in Stockton back in the day. Genuinely very hard to play against if I remember rightly but lovely fella to share a table with.

A grand sort, just the sort of member blonde needs, as he "seeds" threads so well and initiates good debate.

I believe he lives in Portsmouth these days.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49820 on: June 28, 2017, 01:03:14 PM »

Nice one Doobs.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49821 on: June 28, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49822 on: June 28, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »

Mr Kendall seems while I have been on the annual pilgrimage to Avalon you have run quite well.
When I saw I had missed 50 pages or so in a week I was hopeful, then I saw Mantis was posting and staking and I knew it would all be golden.

Thanks for the great updates and if you have more to play may the run good continue.

Enjoy those stick buns.
#meh

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #49823 on: June 28, 2017, 06:08:21 PM »

Mr Kendall seems while I have been on the annual pilgrimage to Avalon you have run quite well.
When I saw I had missed 50 pages or so in a week I was hopeful, then I saw Mantis was posting and staking and I knew it would all be golden.

Thanks for the great updates and if you have more to play may the run good continue.

Enjoy those stick buns.
#meh

Well actually Kendall blew me out of the staking arrangement this year. This has resulted in a lot of meh. When he did release a small piece on a one off he ran golden. That said I think we need to go big or go home so he needs to add a couple of monsters to the schedule rather than dithering. Brad would be bold that's for sure. We also need the gamble dial turned up to max and more willy twiddling.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #49824 on: June 28, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »

Nice one doobs
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49825 on: June 28, 2017, 08:02:28 PM »

I need a chuffing break from the constant moaning & groaning Next Door, so bear with me whilst I have a meander to help calm myself down. Were poker players always so bloody mistrustful, moany & whiney? FFS.

Anyway, this might only interest - at best - Vegas veterans.

I had a wander around Downtown during a dinner break a few days ago, & the place is changing so much.

You will remember this place - the Main Street Station vintage railway coach, which was a restaurant.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:55:48 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49826 on: June 28, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »

Well this is what that piece of land looks like now;

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49827 on: June 28, 2017, 08:11:43 PM »

What happened, & why?

It's an interesting story if you enjoy that sort of thing.

https://vitalvegas.com/vintage-train-cars-main-street-station-new-home/

Foe those who CBA to read that lengthy & fascinating piece, Boyd Gaming (who own Main Street Station Hotel) sold the plot of land to the owners of The D & Golden Gate for $7.5 milly.

Some months later, the new owners wrote to Boyd Gaming & asked when they would be shifting those beautiful vintage railway carriages.

Boyd Gaming replied "never - they belong to you, they were included in the $7.5 million".

So the new owners ended up paying $150,000 to get them moved.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #49828 on: June 28, 2017, 08:59:44 PM »

What happened, & why?

It's an interesting story if you enjoy that sort of thing.

https://vitalvegas.com/vintage-train-cars-main-street-station-new-home/

Foe those who CBA to read that lengthy & fascinating piece, Boyd Gaming (who own Main Street Station Hotel) sold the plot of land to the owners of The D & Golden Gate for $7.5 milly.

Some months later, the new owners wrote to Boyd Gaming & asked when they would be shifting those beautiful vintage railway carriages.

Boyd Gaming replied "never - they belong to you, they were included in the $7.5 million".

So the new owners ended up paying $150,000 to get them moved.

Go on, tell us you've bought them, had them shipped to Tom's spare field and will be taking up residence in the near future with your new bride.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49829 on: June 28, 2017, 09:11:33 PM »

Crikey, just saw this photo, amazing how different he looks.

Hope you all recognize The Great Man.

Pages: 1 ... 3318 3319 3320 3321 [3322] 3323 3324 3325 3326 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: