blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:40:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3398 3399 3400 3401 [3402] 3403 3404 3405 3406 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321270 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51015 on: December 26, 2017, 06:08:05 PM »

Lots of people are ashamed about the British empire, quite reasonably so. It's was just using earlier development in our society to inflict mass murder and suffering. The world moves on, so should we. Nothing to be proud of there.

Ancient History is a bit different but it's weird to be proud of that, none of us have anything to do with it, other than being born nearby.

Hey bro, any country worth it's salt had an empire. Think the Romans bowled about other lands handing out bunches of flowers and helping folk mow the lawn? Italy doesn't get half the shit we do for their historical murdering and plundering. If Britain wasn't top dog some other country would've been and they would've done the same thing. Fact is we were top dog and I think it's pretty cool a tiny nation like us was in fact boss of the world.

Oh and don't forget Henry VIII who broke Italian rule in this country. Without him we would've been wearing tan shoes with no socks and wazzing about everywhere on mopeds.

First paragraph, hilarious.... You think some countries are better than others? Can't be serious? Sounds like the olden days.

Obviously papal rule and Catholicism just as silly as British Rule, no socks, tan shoes, all good. Each to their own and/or each to everyone else's is better. Being proud to be British makes no sense. What did you do?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #51016 on: December 26, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »

Being proud to be British makes no sense? Yep, each to their own I guess. I would say that today our country is one of the most multicultural and tolerant in the world, a leader in human rights. This development has undoubtedly been achieved by learning lessons from our chequered past. The things to be proud of are too numerous to mention.

More interestingly why aren't you proud? Saying it's because of the empire and in the same breath saying we should move on, whilst not hilarious, is definitely funny/quirky/inconsistent.

And what did I do? Not sure really, I was proud when my football team won the league but I didn't dribble down the wing at any point. I simply supported. Just like I support my country and my Queen today. To focus on the negatives and hate on your country is what makes no sense in all reality.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51017 on: December 26, 2017, 09:03:31 PM »

Being proud to be British makes no sense? Yep, each to their own I guess. I would say that today our country is one of the most multicultural and tolerant in the world, a leader in human rights. This development has undoubtedly been achieved by learning lessons from our chequered past. The things to be proud of are too numerous to mention.

More interestingly why aren't you proud? Saying it's because of the empire and in the same breath saying we should move on, whilst not hilarious, is definitely funny/quirky/inconsistent.

And what did I do? Not sure really, I was proud when my football team won the league but I didn't dribble down the wing at any point. I simply supported. Just like I support my country and my Queen today. To focus on the negatives and hate on your country is what makes no sense in all reality.

I think the UK is a great country and I love it but it's not better than any other country. From a Royal Family\Empire pov, we're just underdeveloped. It's hilarious and very Woodseyesque that you think having pride in the history of a nation is like supporting a football team :-)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51018 on: December 26, 2017, 09:14:59 PM »

I think the UK is a great country and I love it but it's not better than any other country. From a Royal Family\Empire pov, we're just underdeveloped. It's hilarious and very Woodseyesque that you think having pride in the history of a nation is like supporting a football team :-)

Good shout on more multiculturalism because of our past, more thinking to do on that.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #51019 on: December 26, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »

The UK is a great country, you love it, but are not proud of it because that would make no sense. Yah you making perfect sense now brother.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #51020 on: December 26, 2017, 11:22:21 PM »

The royals are part of our DNA as British people, so it's more about what they represent, rather than who they are as individuals. People who hate the royals are silly devils, it's like saying you hate the Tower of London or Windsor Castle or you hate thousands of years of history that made us who we are. Look at Elizabeth I, what an inspiration, ruled the most powerful country in the world as a single woman for almost 50yrs. Do we hate that she defeated the Spanish Armada when they tried to invade us? Do we hate that she evoked such passion in men that they would die for her fighting for their country? We could all be eating tapas and putting things off until tomorrow if it wasn't for the royals.

As for the current incumbent, well she's been on the throne for over 60yrs, another strong inspirational woman, always put the country first, no sex or drugs scandals to speak of like every other tom, dick and harry out there. What is there to hate? She's just an easy target for liberal types and angry men with beards. When she's gone there will be a stunned silence, a void, and it will be felt across the land, a destabilising feeling of loss and change. That's because the royalty are woven into the fabric of our very being. To hate the royals is to hate ourselves and only the most miserable do that.

God save the mofo Queen.

Great prose mixed with humour as always mate, you’re right about the miserable liberals though for sure, fk ‘em!!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #51021 on: December 27, 2017, 12:29:19 AM »

Think I'm grateful more than proud to be British.

You've won the lottery of life to be born here. That doesn't fill me with pride, just fortune.

Best Bitter.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51022 on: December 27, 2017, 12:35:44 AM »

You've won the lottery of life to be born here. That doesn't fill me with pride, just fortune.

Good shout sir, We're lucky to be British, not proud.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51023 on: December 27, 2017, 12:40:07 AM »

The royals are part of our DNA as British people, so it's more about what they represent, rather than who they are as individuals. People who hate the royals are silly devils, it's like saying you hate the Tower of London or Windsor Castle or you hate thousands of years of history that made us who we are. Look at Elizabeth I, what an inspiration, ruled the most powerful country in the world as a single woman for almost 50yrs. Do we hate that she defeated the Spanish Armada when they tried to invade us? Do we hate that she evoked such passion in men that they would die for her fighting for their country? We could all be eating tapas and putting things off until tomorrow if it wasn't for the royals.

As for the current incumbent, well she's been on the throne for over 60yrs, another strong inspirational woman, always put the country first, no sex or drugs scandals to speak of like every other tom, dick and harry out there. What is there to hate? She's just an easy target for liberal types and angry men with beards. When she's gone there will be a stunned silence, a void, and it will be felt across the land, a destabilising feeling of loss and change. That's because the royalty are woven into the fabric of our very being. To hate the royals is to hate ourselves and only the most miserable do that.

God save the mofo Queen.

Great prose mixed with humour as always mate, you’re right about the miserable liberals though for sure, fk ‘em!!

The Royals are German.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51024 on: December 27, 2017, 12:44:58 AM »

God save the mofo Queen.

The Royals are German.

What I should say is: The Queen is of German descent, very German.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #51025 on: December 27, 2017, 12:57:26 AM »

I've never understood this patriotic bullshit.

You were pushed out your mums fanny here. You had absolutely no say in it whatsoever. You could've been born anywhere in the world, its only circumstances that meant you were born here. Where do people get this misguided sense of patriotic 'duty' from?

It's the lottery of life and we are very fucking fortunate to be born into relative wealth. So yeah I'm grateful that I was born into a country where I learn the most important/used language as my mother tongue, and where I don't have to walk 5 miles for clean water everyday. But why would that make me proud?

If anything I see way more stuff (Britain First, Brexit, general twats) that makes me ashamed of where I'm from than proud.

Best Bitter.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51026 on: December 27, 2017, 02:24:09 AM »

I think the Royal Family is a terrible idea. I'm not angry, I've very carefully considered that it contradicts everything I believe in.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51027 on: December 27, 2017, 02:51:50 AM »

And they're not better than your family or my family or anyone else's family. It's just so strange. Just random rich German nobody's. Likeable people though. The Queen, Charles, Harry and Kate my favourite's. It's like picking your favourite staff at the local Tesco.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #51028 on: December 27, 2017, 08:27:54 AM »

I've never understood this patriotic bullshit.

You were pushed out your mums fanny here. You had absolutely no say in it whatsoever. You could've been born anywhere in the world, its only circumstances that meant you were born here. Where do people get this misguided sense of patriotic 'duty' from?

It's the lottery of life and we are very fucking fortunate to be born into relative wealth. So yeah I'm grateful that I was born into a country where I learn the most important/used language as my mother tongue, and where I don't have to walk 5 miles for clean water everyday. But why would that make me proud?

If anything I see way more stuff (Britain First, Brexit, general twats) that makes me ashamed of where I'm from than proud.

"Pushed out your mums fanny"

Clearly not the opening gambit of one of those general twats you mention...

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #51029 on: December 27, 2017, 08:41:33 AM »

Good shout sir, We're lucky to be British, not proud.

The problem with this argument of course is that you guys will never be able to feel pride in anything. Whatever you achieve will be primarily down to luck, the start you got in life. When your children graduate from university it will all be down to where they were pushed out of the fanny. People who were pushed out of the fanny in Somalia don't get the same chances.

Pages: 1 ... 3398 3399 3400 3401 [3402] 3403 3404 3405 3406 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: