blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3400 3401 3402 3403 [3404] 3405 3406 3407 3408 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296200 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #51045 on: December 27, 2017, 12:15:50 PM »

How good was this, by Lord MANTIS?

Hey bro, any country worth it's salt had an empire. Think the Romans bowled about other lands handing out bunches of flowers and helping folk mow the lawn? Italy doesn't get half the shit we do for their historical murdering and plundering. If Britain wasn't top dog some other country would've been and they would've done the same thing. Fact is we were top dog and I think it's pretty cool a tiny nation like us was in fact boss of the world.

Oh and don't forget Henry VIII who broke Italian rule in this country. Without him we would've been wearing tan shoes with no socks and wazzing about everywhere on mopeds.

In direct response - very good - especially the last line - sometimes forget to acknowledge things that make me smile so thanks for the prompt

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51046 on: December 27, 2017, 12:26:02 PM »

And they're not better than your family or my family or anyone else's family. It's just so strange. Just random rich German nobody's. Likeable people though. The Queen, Charles, Harry and Kate my favourite's. It's like picking your favourite staff at the local Tesco.

To be honest the whole argument about the Royals being German always comes across as being incredibly racist.

It's something a lot of left, liberals sway to - but if a UKIPer was telling somebody born in Britain to go home because their Great Great (etc) Grandparents weren't born in Britain they'd be quite rightly called out as being truly horrible people.

Is it only okay to be prejudiced about rich people?

They are extremely welcome here as far as I'm concerned, I've got no interest in them going 'home'. As far as I'm concerned Britain is their home. It was kind of silly to mention their German heritage though, adds nothing of value to the discussion.

Isn't the Duke of Edinburgh a bubble?

He is/was but married in and more than qualifies on residency, I'd say he's very much one of us by now.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51047 on: December 27, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »

And they're not better than your family or my family or anyone else's family. It's just so strange. Just random rich German nobody's. Likeable people though. The Queen, Charles, Harry and Kate my favourite's. It's like picking your favourite staff at the local Tesco.

To be honest the whole argument about the Royals being German always comes across as being incredibly racist.

It's something a lot of left, liberals sway to - but if a UKIPer was telling somebody born in Britain to go home because their Great Great (etc) Grandparents weren't born in Britain they'd be quite rightly called out as being truly horrible people.

Is it only okay to be prejudiced about rich people?

They are extremely welcome here as far as I'm concerned, I've got no interest in them going 'home'. As far as I'm concerned Britain is their home. It was kind of silly to mention their German heritage though, adds nothing of value to the discussion.

Good response mate.

I find my feelings on patriotism really hard to explain. Obviously take most people's ticket that it is an accident of birth and I feel very fortunate to have been born a Brit.  I also feel a strong sense of affinity with Britishness as expressed in culture, sports, arts, language, character, attitudes and a host of other spheres and general attributes.

I'm keenly aware of our shortcomings and it's obviously right that people should focus on those areas of injustice etc that should be corrected to make this an even better place to live. At the same time I hate the negativity about us versus a.n other country - this tends to stir up some patriotism/desire to defend etc that is hard to explain other than to label it as pride - after all, we have all had some tiny part to play in making this country what it is and on balance, and in very broad terms, I think I do feel pride about what Britain is and represents.

Interesting stuff, I feel like I'm equivalently placed on the other side. I to would like to be prouder of being British but the little Englander/Clarksonesque/Britain is best.... dare I say it Brexiteering brigade make it tough. Our over inflated idea of our country makes us a bit of a laughing stock overseas (especially in Western Europe), that's a real shame.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #51048 on: December 27, 2017, 12:57:55 PM »

Tikay, in the absence of any sponsorship/ads could we maybe have a few Union Jacks scattered around the forum to celebrate the Royal Family and celebrate how proud we are to be British? 
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51049 on: December 27, 2017, 12:59:52 PM »

To clarify: 'proud' of the society that we all contribute to, rather than the nationality, which (as we've established:-) is an accident of birth.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #51050 on: December 27, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »

Hey bro, any country worth it's salt had an empire. Think the Romans bowled about other lands handing out bunches of flowers and helping folk mow the lawn? Italy doesn't get half the shit we do for their historical murdering and plundering. If Britain wasn't top dog some other country would've been and they would've done the same thing. Fact is we were top dog and I think it's pretty cool a tiny nation like us was in fact boss of the world.

Oh and don't forget Henry VIII who broke Italian rule in this country. Without him we would've been wearing tan shoes with no socks and wazzing about everywhere on mopeds.

Nice to have a few days off work and be stretching my legs on Blonde again Tikay. I do object to the title Lord though, as this alludes to nobility, which will inevitably make me a target of spite from women with armpit hair and hopping mad anti-Brexit campaigners.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #51051 on: January 01, 2018, 01:21:22 PM »

Happy New Year Tikay!

You said you were going to let the royalty debate "breathe" before adding your views. Just to let you know I think it's stopped breathing now. Think it's dead mate.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51052 on: January 01, 2018, 10:38:21 PM »

Happy New Year Tony!!!

Here's a little something for your perusal:

https://carlbovisnaturephotography.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/my-favourite-100-photos-of-2017.html

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51053 on: January 03, 2018, 12:59:29 AM »

In direct response - very good - especially the last line - sometimes forget to acknowledge things that make me smile so thanks for the prompt

Aye, the last line had me chuckling a lot.

❤️ The mantis

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51054 on: January 07, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »

Here you go Teeks

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/7908227

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #51055 on: January 07, 2018, 02:41:43 PM »

A really nice part of the country. I thoroughly recommend it.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #51056 on: January 07, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »

Booked up for the next 3 years!.....according to this blog

http://theopenbookwigtown.tumblr.com/

an article about it....

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/aug/21/tourists-offered-chance-to-run-a-bookshop-on-holiday-wigtown

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #51057 on: January 11, 2018, 12:25:46 AM »

Can this article be your default reply when someone moans about being shorted by 74 cents next door?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/a-dying-australian-womans-life-advice-is-going-viral-2018-1?r=US&IR=T

Best Bitter.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51058 on: January 12, 2018, 08:06:27 AM »

Mornin Teeks, happy new year.

Had a butchers at the SPT schedule for the year, looks good, interesting to see the Notts event was at the Alea this time around. I quite like that, I've always thought of the SPT as 'getting the new players out of the house and sampling the wider world of poker' so I thought it was a nice touch to try something away from DTD. We all know DTD is probably the best poker venue on the planet, but I see Unibet have their event at Alea too. Is the card room any good these days? I had a very interesting meal there with the 'Catman' last time I went in if you want to really date how long ago it was.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51059 on: January 12, 2018, 09:36:05 AM »

Mornin Teeks, happy new year.

Had a butchers at the SPT schedule for the year, looks good, interesting to see the Notts event was at the Alea this time around. I quite like that, I've always thought of the SPT as 'getting the new players out of the house and sampling the wider world of poker' so I thought it was a nice touch to try something away from DTD. We all know DTD is probably the best poker venue on the planet, but I see Unibet have their event at Alea too. Is the card room any good these days? I had a very interesting meal there with the 'Catman' last time I went in if you want to really date how long ago it was.

Morning Mr C.

One venue has yet to be revealed, but your comment 'getting the new players out of the house and sampling the wider world of poker' is amazingly prophetic.

DTD is sort of off-limits to Sky Poker now, as they are married to Party, so we had to go elsewhere. I'm pretty sure DTD will cope without us.....And yes, it's certainly the best UK venue.

Catman? Yikes, there's a memory jerker. Jeez, I could tell you some Catman - & CatGirl - stories. Probably best I don't though. Wonder what he is doing these days?

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 3400 3401 3402 3403 [3404] 3405 3406 3407 3408 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: