blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:17:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3402 3403 3404 3405 [3406] 3407 3408 3409 3410 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329688 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51075 on: January 18, 2018, 10:22:51 AM »

How does one even begin to catch up on your blog tikay?! 

It's quite the spasm of a lunatic.  (I think that's good, right?)   thumbs up

Hope you're keeping well and enjoying life.  Maybe you'd join us in Manchester in April for a bit of 8 Game or similar?  We'd all love to see you.

Ha, think that sums it up pretty well.

Was delighted to see on Twitter that your Daughter, Rebecca, has been accepted at Cambridge Uni, you must be some proud dad. What is she going to study, or, as I believe educated types call it, "read"?

I'm keeping OK, all things considered, thank you. Back on the annual diet again, sigh, but I feel better for it.

Am thoroughly enjoying work - after all those years, we got a new Forum on October, & it's made a big difference, & is thriving now.   Took a while to get it, mind.....

Wish I could tell the story here of SB&G's phenomenal growth over the last 5 years, but I think it may be considered a bit out of line. The recent (5 years or so) growth in Online Sports Betting & Gaming reminds me of poker growth 10 or 15 years ago, & SB&G have gained SOW during those 5 years.  Mentions of Sky Bet on blonde generally draws a round of boos & hisses, I guess many just don't understand what a success story it has been.

CEO Richard Flint is nothing short of a genius. I was up in the Leeds Office last week & he spotted me & came across to shoot the breeze for a few minutes. Amazed he even remembers me, they must have the fat end of 2,000 staff now, spread across at least 7 Office in the UK, Germany & Italy.   

Manchester in April? Would love to, if I'm free, thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #51076 on: January 19, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »

My opening table was a bit of a mixture & with this structure, I pretty much sat out for the first 2 orbits, to do some studying of who was what.

Mostly rocks, two loose geese, a geezer with 3 mobile 'phones - gotta be a lag, surely? - Brian, a wise old grinder, good game, Bigalhx - not played with him for almost 9 months, nice to see him - Kaibobble, tight, with a few moves, and a guy with fingers bigger than my wrists, and an outdoor complexion. The Table Station, big-time. He was my mark. Obviously a fisherman. I bet him a quid I could name his job - "go on then" says he - "watchmender" says I. "Nope, I'm a roofer" says he, straightfaced. Close.

He was a £10 player, having a ball in a bigger game, he called a straight a run, never passed any Ace - ever - & a lovely fella as it happens. The whole table had him sussed, & were having wagers who'd get his chips. Meanwhile, he ran his 15k up to 45k inside 2 levels.......

He's my man.

Initial report from a £200 comp in Blackpool. Brief, but perfectly formed. You'd made the 3 hour drive after only 3 hours' sleep. I really don't know how you did it Tony.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #51077 on: January 19, 2018, 10:05:49 AM »

Any Vegas plans this year tikay ?
We are booked to go June 8 th for 14 nights
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51078 on: January 20, 2018, 10:31:58 AM »

My opening table was a bit of a mixture & with this structure, I pretty much sat out for the first 2 orbits, to do some studying of who was what.

Mostly rocks, two loose geese, a geezer with 3 mobile 'phones - gotta be a lag, surely? - Brian, a wise old grinder, good game, Bigalhx - not played with him for almost 9 months, nice to see him - Kaibobble, tight, with a few moves, and a guy with fingers bigger than my wrists, and an outdoor complexion. The Table Station, big-time. He was my mark. Obviously a fisherman. I bet him a quid I could name his job - "go on then" says he - "watchmender" says I. "Nope, I'm a roofer" says he, straightfaced. Close.

He was a £10 player, having a ball in a bigger game, he called a straight a run, never passed any Ace - ever - & a lovely fella as it happens. The whole table had him sussed, & were having wagers who'd get his chips. Meanwhile, he ran his 15k up to 45k inside 2 levels.......

He's my man.

Initial report from a £200 comp in Blackpool. Brief, but perfectly formed. You'd made the 3 hour drive after only 3 hours' sleep. I really don't know how you did it Tony.

3 hour drive after 3 hours sleep? Doing that sort of thing half my life eventually presented me with a nasty health bill I guess.

Amazing to think that was 10 years ago now. Used to love going up to Blackpool, always a fun venue to play poker, with so many characters.

I mentioned Kaibobble there - I bumped into her in Vegas a couple of years ago. Smashing girl, smashing. Got herself a (much) younger fella, living the dream in Spain as I recall. Good luck to her.

Even 10 years on, pardon my lack of humility, but I thought this was a great line.....

and a guy with fingers bigger than my wrists, and an outdoor complexion. The Table Station, big-time. He was my mark. Obviously a fisherman. I bet him a quid I could name his job - "go on then" says he - "watchmender" says I. "Nope, I'm a roofer" says he, straightfaced.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51079 on: January 20, 2018, 10:43:06 AM »

Any Vegas plans this year tikay ?
We are booked to go June 8 th for 14 nights

Not yet Tony.

I'll make a decision soon. Current imponderables include whether I'm still with Next Door - my Contract expires end of this month, eeek - whether they want me if they do Vegas this year (no plans announced publically yet), and of course the latter depends on the former. We shall see. Without a job, I just could not afford it. And Gill adores Vegas. Best day of the year for both of us is the day she arrives in Vegas & I meet her at McCarron. We love every minute of our time there.

Travel Insurance is a ballache too. Cost me over £700 last year, & it sure won't be any cheaper 1 year on, will it? Health is in the equation too, but so far, it's ok. The diet has started already, just in case, & I've dropped 11lbs in 2 weeks so far.

Where you staying - GN, as usual?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51080 on: January 20, 2018, 10:48:07 AM »

Talking of the WSOP, my favourite event is the $1,500 PLO8.

This year, for the first time ever, it's a "single re-entry".

I can see the benefits - an early bust means we have not gone all that way for a few hours - but then again, it means it's tempting to have the cost of a re-entry up one's sleeve. And of course that benefits the better-rolled "big" players, as they can play fast & loose with bullet # 1, whereas us bottom feeders can't really afford two entries.   

I'm not really sure whether its a good thing or not. Probably not, at least for us recreationals.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #51081 on: January 20, 2018, 12:17:08 PM »

Talking of the WSOP, my favourite event is the $1,500 PLO8.

This year, for the first time ever, it's a "single re-entry".

I can see the benefits - an early bust means we have not gone all that way for a few hours - but then again, it means it's tempting to have the cost of a re-entry up one's sleeve. And of course that benefits the better-rolled "big" players, as they can play fast & loose with bullet # 1, whereas us bottom feeders can't really afford two entries.   

I'm not really sure whether its a good thing or not. Probably not, at least for us recreationals.

1% please Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #51082 on: January 20, 2018, 05:44:45 PM »

It's quite the spasm of a lunatic.  (I think that's good, right?)   thumbs up

Hope you're keeping well and enjoying life.  Maybe you'd join us in Manchester in April for a bit of 8 Game or similar?  We'd all love to see you.

Was delighted to see on Twitter that your Daughter, Rebecca, has been accepted at Cambridge Uni, you must be some proud dad. What is she going to study, or, as I believe educated types call it, "read"?

I'm keeping OK, all things considered, thank you. Back on the annual diet again, sigh, but I feel better for it.

Am thoroughly enjoying work - after all those years, we got a new Forum on October, & it's made a big difference, & is thriving now.   Took a while to get it, mind.....

Wish I could tell the story here of SB&G's phenomenal growth over the last 5 years, but I think it may be considered a bit out of line. The recent (5 years or so) growth in Online Sports Betting & Gaming reminds me of poker growth 10 or 15 years ago, & SB&G have gained SOW during those 5 years.  Mentions of Sky Bet on blonde generally draws a round of boos & hisses, I guess many just don't understand what a success story it has been.

CEO Richard Flint is nothing short of a genius. I was up in the Leeds Office last week & he spotted me & came across to shoot the breeze for a few minutes. Amazed he even remembers me, they must have the fat end of 2,000 staff now, spread across at least 7 Office in the UK, Germany & Italy.   

Just catching up Tony.

Read your post about WSOP tournaments were now re-entries.  I am not sure how that passed me by. 

I don't think there is any confusion on the board about skybet, the company can be very succesful but some of its customers can have a bad experience.  If I am offered £1.45 each way on a bet that I have asked for £50 each way on, then I am not getting grumpy because I don't understand they are very succesful.  If Skypoker started only lettiing me play £1 MTTs, I'd get just as grumpy, but I think you'd struggle to find a moan I have made about skypoker.  Of course there are some obvious exceptions when it comes to skypoker, but if people get a good experience everytime they use the site, then they aren't going to moan.   

Anyway, if you didn't spot it, I am booked up for the middle of June for some more O8, so hoping you make it.  I really enjoyed the trip last year, it is always good to see a friendly face.  I am not playing the plo8 simply because the mix O8 works very well for the seniors and I really should give that a go at least once.  I couldn't believe the super seniors is only age 60+, I thought it was 70+, but guess it could have changed.   Maybe they should do an ultra-seniors too?   

Put me down for 1% too, can pay in lattes if needed.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #51083 on: January 21, 2018, 10:11:36 AM »

Southpoint Friday till Thursday - we both really like it there Denise gets comped for her slot play n my roulette so we get rfb there plus a lovely pool area where we lay out by all day !
Then the downtown grand n book a corner suite or some such thing ,for seniors weekend - not so keen on the nugget pool it’s very crowded these days
Maybe 2-3 nights at the Wynn before flying home
The dream of staying for the main event is still there but without winning the buy in its still a dream ! I’m too mean to stump up £7 k for poker ,I Blanche at £50 these days !
Always enjoy Vegas though
Planning a week -10 days late sept early October for my 60 th year !
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51084 on: January 22, 2018, 11:14:44 AM »

It's quite the spasm of a lunatic. (I think that's good, right?)   thumbs up

Hope you're keeping well and enjoying life.  Maybe you'd join us in Manchester in April for a bit of 8 Game or similar?  We'd all love to see you.

Am thoroughly enjoying work - after all those years, we got a new Forum on October, & it's made a big difference, & is thriving now.   Took a while to get it, mind.....

Wish I could tell the story here of SB&G's phenomenal growth over the last 5 years, but I think it may be considered a bit out of line. The recent (5 years or so) growth in Online Sports Betting & Gaming reminds me of poker growth 10 or 15 years ago, & SB&G have gained SOW during those 5 years.  Mentions of Sky Bet on blonde generally draws a round of boos & hisses, I guess many just don't understand what a success story it has been.

Just catching up Tony.

Read your post about WSOP tournaments were now re-entries.  I am not sure how that passed me by.  

I don't think there is any confusion on the board about skybet, the company can be very succesful but some of its customers can have a bad experience.  If I am offered £1.45 each way on a bet that I have asked for £50 each way on, then I am not getting grumpy because I don't understand they are very succesful.  If Skypoker started only lettiing me play £1 MTTs, I'd get just as grumpy, but I think you'd struggle to find a moan I have made about skypoker.  Of course there are some obvious exceptions when it comes to skypoker, but if people get a good experience everytime they use the site, then they aren't going to moan.  

Anyway, if you didn't spot it, I am booked up for the middle of June for some more O8, so hoping you make it.  I really enjoyed the trip last year, it is always good to see a friendly face.  I am not playing the plo8 simply because the mix O8 works very well for the seniors and I really should give that a go at least once.  I couldn't believe the super seniors is only age 60+, I thought it was 70+, but guess it could have changed.   Maybe they should do an ultra-seniors too?  

Put me down for 1% too, can pay in lattes if needed.

Hi David,

Yeah, it'd be great to see you in Vegas, somehow meeting blondes over in Vegas means such a lot, a sort of kinship develops.

It crossed my mind to maybe have a bash at The Seniors, or Super Seniors. I have restarted playing NLH recently. I'm just about breaking even at it, so nothing new there. Might be a fun thing to do.

Anyway, first things first. Right now, I'm not in a position to commit to Vegas as I'm awaiting confirmation of something before I start looking at airline tickets & hotels, I should know one way or another later this week.  

Meanwhile, my arse cheeks are firmly clenched.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 11:48:59 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51085 on: January 22, 2018, 11:16:34 AM »

Seem to recall Doobs ended up sat next to MintTrav at Golden Nugget in one MTT last year?

Love it when that happens, 2 perfect strangers suddenly realise they are acquainted.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51086 on: January 22, 2018, 11:29:19 AM »

I'm sure you have all heard of James Stunt?

He was married to Petra Ecclestone (Bernie's daughter), until they divorced last year.

Mr Stunt appears to have wealth beyond our wildest imagination.

When he goes out & about, he uses a fleet - a convoy - of luxury cars. Him in one, & the rest are used to convey his army - well 9 - bodyguards.

Click to see full-size image.

I've yet to meet Mr Stunt, but I get the impression he is far from shy, introspect & retiring.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 11:38:56 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51087 on: January 22, 2018, 11:38:08 AM »

Yesterday, it was reported that Mr Stunt suffered a burglary at his Belgravia mansion.

His safe was, apparently, emptied.

The value of the safe's contents?

£90 million. NINETY MILLION. In his safe.

It seems the property did not have any CCTV.

Mr Stunt said he is not bothered "it's all insured".

Think the Insurance Claims guy might be looking at this one with interest.

Can you even begin to imagine keeping £90 million of gold, cash, gems & jewellery in a single safe at home? I'm struggling to buy the story &as told", to be honest.

Not a problem for me, though I keep my penny jar under the bed, just in case. Over £7 in that.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 11:39:41 AM by tikay » Logged

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #51088 on: January 22, 2018, 11:51:41 AM »

His godfather is Terry Adams. The insurance claim form should be interesting.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51089 on: January 22, 2018, 11:58:34 AM »

His godfather is Terry Adams. The insurance claim form should be interesting.

Oh my. THE Terry Adams?

Blimey.

Pages: 1 ... 3402 3403 3404 3405 [3406] 3407 3408 3409 3410 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: