blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 1342 1343 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331244 times)
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #20070 on: December 14, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »

Send her home Tone, she's scaring me.

This has been said before!!!

mwhahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

xx
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:41:28 AM by TRIP5 » Logged

TKP FOR APAT!!!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #20071 on: December 14, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »

Girgy is a man-boy

so true

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #20072 on: December 15, 2010, 09:25:47 AM »

and  to blonde Irene! 

Dunno how Tikay does it.  Carries a manbag yet still pulls the birds in. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20073 on: December 15, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »

So much in this for you tikay

"cricket is part of a man's very education..."

http://www.vimeo.com/17759994

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #20074 on: December 15, 2010, 02:20:20 PM »

It's not for unbelievers though.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20075 on: December 15, 2010, 03:06:58 PM »

Tikay - with there being such a VAST difference in our ages I don't always agree with everything you say/like/dislike BUT on the whole theme of christmas and decorations, I am with you 100% of the way!

I could easily write a novel on my feelings of disdain for the whole festive period, its present meaning, relevance and general wrongness of people spending to the max on absolute shite when come new year they will barely afford to pay their mortgages or even make a dent on credit cards for many moons to come.......

The reason for my rare post though is to get something off my chest that I have been struggling with now for the last 2 weeks.  I haven't put a single decoration up in my house for 5 years now and was very happy with that fact.  Your home is your castle an all that seeing as I can't change what is going on in the outside world short of setting fire to Grantham High Street! (not the worst idea I have ever had).

So this year, sadly due to the fact that I am the only family member with a huge double oven and space enough for 15 people to stuff their faces on Christmas Day, I will be the host.  Now this congregation is purely my immediate family and the whole of Glenn's family.  So from 15 people only 2 of these are children,  my 2 mental nephews who are 6 and 10.  So purely for their benefit I have put up a tree, found some crappy tinsel from my pre-soap box days, gone to the cheapest "we'll sell any old duff and we know you will buy it because it's Christmas" shop and through gritted teeth handed over cash for 4 more decorations.

Help me out here, ever since I have done this I have felt "dirty."  I sleep at night purely for the fact that I don't want to push my so called "extreme" views on 2 kids but trust me the moment they reach 16 they are getting full barrells from their Auntie on my beliefs and views on this world.  If they don't agree with me then absolutely fine they can trundle through life living as much of a sheep life as they desire, I will still love them.

I am so anti-christmas, anti-relegion, anti-tradition, anti establishment bla bla the list could go on and on but I really am trying to keep this short lol.  I guess I am having a rant at someone because I hate to conform and even for the sake of keeping things "normal" for 2 innocent kids, I feel violated, a hypocrit and above all guilty for straying off course in my beliefs.

You may just think WTF its just a few decorations but it is so so much more than that.

(steps of box and breathes)

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20076 on: December 15, 2010, 03:11:21 PM »

Merry xmas Maria

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #20077 on: December 15, 2010, 03:17:13 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks Xmas cards are a complete waste of valuable resources?

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20078 on: December 15, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks Xmas cards are a complete waste of valuable resources?

OBV

Damn, forgot the rant on that one.  Bravo Bongo.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #20079 on: December 15, 2010, 03:26:40 PM »

I could easily write a novel on my feelings of disdain for the whole festive period, its present meaning, relevance and general wrongness of people spending to the max on absolute shite when come new year they will barely afford to pay their mortgages or even make a dent on credit cards for many moons to come.......

There will be a lot of people who can't pay those mortgages without Christmas too. I know I'd be out of a job without Christmas in the year.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20080 on: December 15, 2010, 03:28:03 PM »

Definitely not...I completely fail to see the point of Christmas cards...(or Christmas for that matter...Boxing day is obv amazing)..or Birthday cards that people hand to you, WTF is all that about??!!?? A card is supposed to be sent to someone when you won't see them on their birthday or something like that (Don't do the whole birthday thing either TBH, only for MrsB's birthday) why the hell would you HAND someone a card?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20081 on: December 15, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »

Same goes for personalised number plates?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #20082 on: December 15, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »

Yeah I hate cards for most occasions but especially Birthdays and xmas, its really impersonal imo and just a waste of space for the person receiving too.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20083 on: December 15, 2010, 03:51:50 PM »

Probably Chili's best ever Post on blonde. Stay strong girl, don't give in to peer pressure.

I don't give a single card or pressie at Xmas to anyone, no exceptions, & when I receive them, instead of happiness, I feel huge embarrassment.

Christmas decs at home? Lol. I used to be too scared of "public opinion" not to, but that's long passed, sod that, there'll be no decorations in my house, ever ever ever.

Does that make me selfish, or unkind? Not one bit. I slleep fine at night, tyvm. It just means I'm not a practising Christian, & I don't buy the commercial exploitation of a religious Event. In business, of course, I do, but that's my job.

So, today I've driven all the way to Leeds for a frigging Staff Xmas Party, & stopped off at M & S on the way to buy a suitable jacket & shirt, & am now staying in a nice Hotel in Leeds City centre. There'll be hundreds at this Party, 95% of them will get bladdered senseless, so the Bar Takings will be huge, & we've rented out the Queens Hotel's finest Ballroom for tonight.

And there you have the Xmas economy at work. Travel, trains, petrol, clothes, Hotel rooms, Hotel Ballroom, alcohol, all in the OUT column, & incoming business probably down because we are all out on the piss. The Xmas piss.

Please PLEASE hurry up December 26th.

I swerved Xmas for over 20 years by going away the week before, & coming back in the first week of January. I went to Kenya, The Gambia, or Hawaii, every Xmas for 20 or 30 years. But Xmas chased me wherever I went, & even in a third-world economy like The Gambia, suddenly all the Tourism became Xmas-ified. There really is no escape. So I gave that up, too, & just tried to sleep my way through Xmas. But then folks ring up, prey on my emotion,& I end up in tears.

Jeez.

PS - Good news. The stuff I purchased in M & S was wrapped in a "Father Christmas" carrier-bag. I'll go there again, that made all the difference. The PA was playing "White Christmas", too. Excellent. My life is complete.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #20084 on: December 15, 2010, 04:01:15 PM »

I'm half tempted to put a santa hat and some snow on the blonde logo for a laugh. 

Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 1342 1343 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: