blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:02:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1351 1352 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 1358 1359 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6383809 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20310 on: December 21, 2010, 05:06:45 PM »

And the smoking...

I may have already quit......

For all I know you may well have.....

Ouch.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #20311 on: December 21, 2010, 07:21:06 PM »

A brilliant topic for the day! You may know I am on a weight loss crusade! Today I have reach my first target of 16 st, over a week ahead of schedule, but I love the fact (given my profession) that I can say that I weight 2 bags of cement!

Today I'll be known as 2 bags!

Ty tikay, you have brightened my day with that little nugget!

No, I was not aware.

How much did you weigh when you started the diet?

What is your target weight?

What timescale have you set to achieve it?

I was reflecting this week on my year, & how happy & good I felt whilst I was hard-dieting, a process that took over 4 months, during which I shed 5 stone. I was never happier, & never felt better, physically & mentally.

Typically & illogically, I'm piling it alll back on now, & don't feel so good mentally, & far far worse physically, & struggle to get out of bed every morning, instead of springing out of bed like a springy happy thing, now it's all groan & moan, aches & pains.

I can't wait until the New Year, when I start again. Meanwhile, & equally illogically, because I'm due to start another diet soon, I'm binge eating terribly now.  You could not make up my stupidity at times.

And yet when I diet, I won't fail - it's the easiest & most satisfying thing I've done in years.

Well I started due to reaching a "nearly milestone". I reached 16st 13 and figured that I could never say the words out-loud that I weighed 17stone - so it started that day.

I really like low carb/low GI style diets, as they suits my lifestyle and keep me disciplined. I did "the atkins" in 2003, and I have now refined that concept to something far more civilised and less restrcitve (and healthier), but which enables me to maintain a steady weight loss. I also walk more too.

The targets are 16st by new year (which I reached today), 15st by 30 April 2011, and then I was encouraged to resurrect an old bet (see 2003 atkins diet), and head for 14st by 30 August (my birthday).

I consider 15 st to be my fighting weight and I really intend to maintain it when I get there. I figured the bet would give me incentive, but then allow a little so called "bounce" so that I can steady around 15st.

I have always been a "big lad", but i have to say I felt uncomfortable at 16st 13, so Im delighted I started. I also dont like the cliche of a new year diet, hence not waiting till Jan. I too am feeling the benefits of weight loss including more energy (huh - seriously daft these bodies of ours), more focus, more alert, and general well being.

Ill let you know when I make 15st

Regards

2 bags  Grin

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #20312 on: December 21, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »

It seems that even guerilla militias can't avoid Christmas nowadays!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12025086

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20313 on: December 22, 2010, 10:07:16 AM »

I bet tikay started this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12056504

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #20314 on: December 22, 2010, 12:59:23 PM »

And the smoking...

Whatever......Liike everything else...you may or may not start stopping in the new year!!!!

p.s. i'm in the 1.3 bag range

p.p.s. if i don't see you before i hopeyou have a lovely christmas 

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20315 on: December 22, 2010, 01:01:53 PM »

And the smoking...

Whatever......Liike everything else...you may or may not start stopping in the new year!!!!

xx

I'm 2 of cement, less 5 of sugar.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20316 on: December 22, 2010, 01:06:27 PM »

BTW Tony, you can't get cement in hundredweight bags these days (Health & safety) only half-hundredweight. i.e, 4 stone, or 25kg.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20317 on: December 22, 2010, 01:07:12 PM »

So I'm actually 4 of cement less 5 of sugar.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20318 on: December 22, 2010, 03:29:17 PM »

And the smoking...

xx

I'm 2 of cement, less 5 of sugar.

You have the idea perfectly.

Measuring/comparision units in the mind include bags of sugar (2lb), packs of butter (half a lb), sacks of spuds, as well as those I outlined yesterday.

I think you are being a little economical with the numbers though. In real money you must be 17st, surely? That'd be 2 bags + 7 sugar, right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20319 on: December 22, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »

BTW Tony, you can't get cement in hundredweight bags these days (Health & safety) only half-hundredweight. i.e, 4 stone, or 25kg.

No! That's bloody ridiculous.

I used to run a builders merchant ("Heavy Side", thats bricks & stuff, as opposed to "Light Side" which is poncy plumbing fittings, screws, etc), & I did everything - served the punters, took the orders, loaded the lorries, drove the lorry, everything.

In those days - mid-sixties I'd guess - D-I-Y was in it's infancy, but booming, & everyone was buying sand & cement to tart up their gardens & drives. Sand & ballast ("aggregate) was loose (not in girlie pre-packs) in those days, & was sold by the cubic yard.

So a punter would order 2 yards of 3/4" ballast, & 8 bags of dust. "Dust" was the slang for cement, & the rule of thumb was 4 bags of dust to every yard of aggregate.

So all that had to be loaded onto the lorry. A yard of aggregate was 160 shovelfulls, so I'd count the shovelfulls as I toiled away like a metronome, sovel, shovel, shovel. I alowed myself 3 seconds "per shovel", & so 1 cubic yard took 160 x 3 = 480 seconds = 8 minutes, & so 2 yards took 16 minutes.  After that, I'd pick up the bags of dust - 1cwt each - off the floor, by hand (legs bent...) 1 at a time & sling them onto the high backed dropside Bedford TK.

Next up, jump in the cab & drive wherever, then came the fun bit - offloading - by hand again, but so much easier, like cycling downhill & downwind.

I did that for a few years, but in those days, many men did it all their life, all day every day, forklift trucks & pallets had not been invented afaik.

And the damage to our health? I never had a single day's "sick" in my entire working career, & that's just coming up to 50 years now, minus the 2 years when I retired.

Health & Safety, my arsae. Try "common-sense", it's amazingly useful.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20320 on: December 22, 2010, 04:03:56 PM »

I was watching a Travis Perkins delivery driver and his mate the other day. The mate unloaded some 1.5in 18x18 pavers, (No 2in 3x2 these days) meanwhile, the driver sat in his cab and read the paper.

He was a driver, not an unloader, see.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20321 on: December 22, 2010, 04:07:20 PM »

I used to lift car engines on to the back of a truck by hand. If I couldn't lift em, I used to roll or slide them up a plank. Like a little Egyptian I was.

I trapped a few fingers in those days.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20322 on: December 22, 2010, 04:18:33 PM »

Jeez, another day mostly gone.

I promised myself - & 20+ people - that I'd catch up on my PM's today.

Guess I'd better start. Some of them are incredibly delicate, or "awkward". Why do I end up with all these frigging dilemmas?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20323 on: December 22, 2010, 04:21:40 PM »

It's like that TV programme, "Dilemma for Murder" 

MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #20324 on: December 22, 2010, 04:26:19 PM »

What on earth!!
"Fast food chain Burger King is offering a special Whopper with sprouts in the run up to Christmas.
The limited edition burger, called the Sprout Surprise Whopper, will be available from Monday up until Christmas Eve.
Based on the chain's famous Whopper, it will feature a Brussels sprout puree and Emmental cheese coated in a herb crumb"

http://www.fadedtribune.com/2010/12/the-burger-is-sprout-of-order-at-burger-king/
Pages: 1 ... 1351 1352 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 1358 1359 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: