blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1556 1557 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 1563 1564 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6336006 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #23385 on: October 26, 2011, 07:12:50 PM »

isn't getting pissed and swearing at people standard blonde bash behaviour?  ........I miss them!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23386 on: October 26, 2011, 07:15:06 PM »

do you remember playing me HU4rollz in Bristol about 4-5 years ago?

i thought you were god and told all my friends I had played against teekay.

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, so no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

How's the cash grinding on Sky Poker going? 

You were part of the winning HU team at one of the bashes. Excellent team-captain if I remember rightly.

On a different topic, have you caught the first two in the 'Origins of Us' series on BBC2 (and HD)?  Great documentaries (and I know Robert particularly likes the presenter), the second one is on iplayer now (not sure if you can get the 1st one on there now as well or not?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013gmh1/broadcasts/upcoming

Yup, I vividly recall it, too. The lad from Bristol - Matt somebody, owned a small poker skin, used to get very loud when drunk, which was always -  called Boshi a c**t", because he sucked out on him.  I asked him to cool it, so the whole of the Bristol & South West Poker Forum got heavy with me.

Someone has just alterted me to this thead. Wow, just wow! That must have been more than 4 years ago and was all sorted out at the time (so I thought!), though I've never known anyone to bear a grudge like Terry Kendall I guess?...

Edit: Better clairfy the hand in question, as the above posted is incorrect. Me + Kin were playing HU in a 'dead-rubber' game (my team had already lost) so agreed to play for 1 whole pint. In the end I won (there were no suck-outs either way), so I jokingly said "Get to the bar you c*nt!" in about the most jovial/jolly way possible, but yes, using the C word. Something I apologised profusely for (both at the time and on the forums after), as TK was very offended and upset (nobody else was). I could not believe the massive drama that was made out of it, either at the time, or in the fallout afterwards. Absolutely ridic.

Sure, it wasn't a great joke. I thought it was funny at the time, but hey ho. You live and learn. For this to brought up (and incorrectly at that) several years down the line is a very low blow. Rather strange infact.

Not strange at all, Matt, & deffo not a grudge, simply a memory, thouh your recollection of it is different to mine. To be fair, my memory is distinctly flakey these days...... There's a million more somewhere, but maybe I'd better not write my life story, or everyone will get upset, eh? Can't believe how fast my words spread these days, either, the power of the Internet, eh?

No offence was intended, & I'm sorry if it offended, but memories are just memories, no more, no less. I wish you & all my "friends" at South West Poker Community all the best, as always. Probably best not to use that word in open social company if I'm present, though, as I don't much like it.

PS - welcome back to blonde, & post more.

Very stange imo then (not yours, it seems).

I am sure you realise you love a drama, and like to stir things up. That's cool by me. I'm sure most of the stuff you post is as Devil's advocate, as to get a discussion going? But I really can't stand the incredible hypocrisy you are showing here - in particular your comments on language, and some of the things you said at that very event!. I shan't post those up, as it would indeed be a very low blow (and perhaps even alluding to this may be stooping to your level, but hey ho, c'est la vie)...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23387 on: October 26, 2011, 07:24:07 PM »

do you remember playing me HU4rollz in Bristol about 4-5 years ago?

i thought you were god and told all my friends I had played against teekay.

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, so no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

How's the cash grinding on Sky Poker going? 

You were part of the winning HU team at one of the bashes. Excellent team-captain if I remember rightly.

On a different topic, have you caught the first two in the 'Origins of Us' series on BBC2 (and HD)?  Great documentaries (and I know Robert particularly likes the presenter), the second one is on iplayer now (not sure if you can get the 1st one on there now as well or not?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013gmh1/broadcasts/upcoming

Yup, I vividly recall it, too. The lad from Bristol - Matt somebody, owned a small poker skin, used to get very loud when drunk, which was always -  called Boshi a c**t", because he sucked out on him.  I asked him to cool it, so the whole of the Bristol & South West Poker Forum got heavy with me.

Someone has just alterted me to this thead. Wow, just wow! That must have been more than 4 years ago and was all sorted out at the time (so I thought!), though I've never known anyone to bear a grudge like Terry Kendall I guess?...

Edit: Better clairfy the hand in question, as the above posted is incorrect. Me + Kin were playing HU in a 'dead-rubber' game (my team had already lost) so agreed to play for 1 whole pint. In the end I won (there were no suck-outs either way), so I jokingly said "Get to the bar you c*nt!" in about the most jovial/jolly way possible, but yes, using the C word. Something I apologised profusely for (both at the time and on the forums after), as TK was very offended and upset (nobody else was). I could not believe the massive drama that was made out of it, either at the time, or in the fallout afterwards. Absolutely ridic.

Sure, it wasn't a great joke. I thought it was funny at the time, but hey ho. You live and learn. For this to brought up (and incorrectly at that) several years down the line is a very low blow. Rather strange infact.

Not strange at all, Matt, & deffo not a grudge, simply a memory, thouh your recollection of it is different to mine. To be fair, my memory is distinctly flakey these days...... There's a million more somewhere, but maybe I'd better not write my life story, or everyone will get upset, eh? Can't believe how fast my words spread these days, either, the power of the Internet, eh?

No offence was intended, & I'm sorry if it offended, but memories are just memories, no more, no less. I wish you & all my "friends" at South West Poker Community all the best, as always. Probably best not to use that word in open social company if I'm present, though, as I don't much like it.

PS - welcome back to blonde, & post more.

Very stange imo then (not yours, it seems).

I am sure you realise you love a drama, and like to stir things up. That's cool by me. I'm sure most of the stuff you post is as Devil's advocate, as to get a discussion going? But I really can't stand the incredible hypocrisy you are showing here - in particular your comments on language, and some of the things you said at that very event!. I shan't post those up, as it would indeed be a very low blow (and perhaps even alluding to this may be stooping to your level, but hey ho, c'est la vie)...

As you wish, Matt. You could not be more wrong, in fact, part of the reason I have not Posted on my diary much the last 3 months was to avoid aggro, life's too short these days, & I can't be doing with it. A question was posed, I answered it, in doing so, it spiked a memory, so I wrote about it. End of. No grudge, no drama, just a memory, & a Post. Perhaps I should not have, & I'm sorry if it offended, but I did, so thats that now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #23388 on: October 26, 2011, 07:27:02 PM »

tikay

we really must chat "roads".

Please telll me, why are concrete barriers becoming more popular? Surely "armco" are installed to disipate energy for the people involved. Ive never investigated cocrete and their construction but it strikes me that it doesnt have the same life saving capacity.

I could tell you some eye watering repair cost stories of barriers et al. Im not sure if you aware aware but I have been adjusting highways claims for the past year (on behalf of insurers), something I fell into if I am being honest, but it turns out I am starting to become something of "the" expert. Other people use those words, but I dont know of anyone with my experience (by volume of claims) and my database of info i imagine would rival anyones (I got carried away).

As for the M25 I cant share your love.  I cant go into detail as to why (to do with the above), but day to day it is the bain of my life. Well, I guess it is and it isnt, it also keeps bread on my table, so maybe it isnt!

Anyway, if you are ever bored and fancy some road chat, let me know  Tongue

and in all seriousness, if you were ever involved in roads and their construction, or more inportantly worked for a civils for roads, let me know, I might even be able to commssion you for advice!

It's past my daily nap time, so I'll save that for later.

But yes, there is an incredibly good reason why concrete crash barrier systems are now favoured over "traditional" metal Armco. The first time I saw the new concrete system now favoured was on the M1 between J21A & J22. Increasingly, it is being favoured everywhere now, & I don't believe Armco is still being installed, except in special circumstances.

You actually answer your own question. Metal Armco barriers ARE safer, but once damnaged, for legal & insurance reasons, which you are aware of, they musty be insta-repaired, which costs a fortune, & closes 33% of the road capacity for up to 24 hours after every prang.

I don't know the safety stats, but I'm pretty sure concrete is the more dangerous of the two systems, but the money saved counts for more, it seems.

No, I was never involved in road construction, except for a few road bridges - over the Ribble in Preston, the Orwell in Norwich, & rebuilding an old one over the Trent near Newark.

In my very early days in construction, I had a minor involvement in Beston Viaduct (M6) which is the very long elevated section of the M6 near Birmingham, which runs right past Walsall FC, or used to.

we should definately chat

the current cost of repairs would make every driver weep

Found this on Highways site.

Q: Why is this work being carried out

A: The existing steel safety fence in the central reserve between Junction 1 and Junction 3 is approaching the end of its serviceable life and is being replaced with a safer concrete barrier. This scheme will increase safety on the M621. The new barriers are stronger, more robust and unlikely to require repairs after impact. Drainage will also be improved as part of the works.

Q: Why concrete

A: Following research, it was found that the installation of concrete barriers in the central reserve reduces significantly the likelihood of crossover incidents; is essentially maintenance free; and is unlikely to require repairs after vehicle impact. Therefore the accident risk to road users and road workers on our busy motorways is reduced.

Safer and cheaper long term basically. Though i have seen quite a few blown and cracked already.

Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23389 on: October 26, 2011, 07:28:47 PM »

Okay, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. Apology accepted. I'll leave this thread now.

As you were Smiley
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23390 on: October 26, 2011, 07:29:58 PM »

Is Matt aware that Sky Poker are doing signed photo's of Tikay now?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23391 on: October 26, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »

tikay

we really must chat "roads".

Please telll me, why are concrete barriers becoming more popular? Surely "armco" are installed to disipate energy for the people involved. Ive never investigated cocrete and their construction but it strikes me that it doesnt have the same life saving capacity.

I could tell you some eye watering repair cost stories of barriers et al. Im not sure if you aware aware but I have been adjusting highways claims for the past year (on behalf of insurers), something I fell into if I am being honest, but it turns out I am starting to become something of "the" expert. Other people use those words, but I dont know of anyone with my experience (by volume of claims) and my database of info i imagine would rival anyones (I got carried away).

As for the M25 I cant share your love.  I cant go into detail as to why (to do with the above), but day to day it is the bain of my life. Well, I guess it is and it isnt, it also keeps bread on my table, so maybe it isnt!

Anyway, if you are ever bored and fancy some road chat, let me know  Tongue

and in all seriousness, if you were ever involved in roads and their construction, or more inportantly worked for a civils for roads, let me know, I might even be able to commssion you for advice!

It's past my daily nap time, so I'll save that for later.

But yes, there is an incredibly good reason why concrete crash barrier systems are now favoured over "traditional" metal Armco. The first time I saw the new concrete system now favoured was on the M1 between J21A & J22. Increasingly, it is being favoured everywhere now, & I don't believe Armco is still being installed, except in special circumstances.

You actually answer your own question. Metal Armco barriers ARE safer, but once damnaged, for legal & insurance reasons, which you are aware of, they musty be insta-repaired, which costs a fortune, & closes 33% of the road capacity for up to 24 hours after every prang.

I don't know the safety stats, but I'm pretty sure concrete is the more dangerous of the two systems, but the money saved counts for more, it seems.

No, I was never involved in road construction, except for a few road bridges - over the Ribble in Preston, the Orwell in Norwich, & rebuilding an old one over the Trent near Newark.

In my very early days in construction, I had a minor involvement in Beston Viaduct (M6) which is the very long elevated section of the M6 near Birmingham, which runs right past Walsall FC, or used to.

we should definately chat

the current cost of repairs would make every driver weep

Found this on Highways site.

Q: Why is this work being carried out

A: The existing steel safety fence in the central reserve between Junction 1 and Junction 3 is approaching the end of its serviceable life and is being replaced with a safer concrete barrier. This scheme will increase safety on the M621. The new barriers are stronger, more robust and unlikely to require repairs after impact. Drainage will also be improved as part of the works.

Q: Why concrete

A: Following research, it was found that the installation of concrete barriers in the central reserve reduces significantly the likelihood of crossover incidents; is essentially maintenance free; and is unlikely to require repairs after vehicle impact. Therefore the accident risk to road users and road workers on our busy motorways is reduced.

Safer and cheaper long term basically. Though i have seen quite a few blown and cracked already.

Nice response, thank you. I personally doubt it's safer overall, but if it saves crossovers, then that has to be a big plus. In monetary terms, though, especially against closing lanes when the Armco gets damaged, it's a monsta step forward.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23392 on: October 26, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »

Is Matt aware that Sky Poker are doing signed photo's of Tikay now?

Shush!

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23393 on: October 26, 2011, 07:31:48 PM »

can i repeat 5 nil to the ironside

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23394 on: October 26, 2011, 07:32:44 PM »

Okay, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. Apology accepted. I'll leave this thread now.

As you were Smiley

Take care Mr D. Did you ever get that money from you know who? No names, see, I'm learning.....

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #23395 on: October 26, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »

this is funny, original chirp got lost in the c*** row and now that´s resolved snap rechirp, made me laugh.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23396 on: October 26, 2011, 07:37:14 PM »

this is funny, original chirp got lost in the c*** row and now that´s resolved snap rechirp, made me laugh.

Iron NEVER forgets......scarred me for life did that defeat, not sure I've ever played heads up since. Maybe just the once, but we won't go into that.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23397 on: October 26, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »

dont worry the victory was for bragging rights i even changed my forum name to 5-nil for about 3 months

i wont every tire of chirping

oh yeah i even got a t-shirt made by adamM when he had his shirt buissness with 5 nil on it

5 different games some of which i had never heard of never mind played before

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23398 on: October 26, 2011, 07:44:19 PM »

As you were Smiley

Take care Mr D. Did you ever get that money from you know who? No names, see, I'm learning.....

aha, you remember my surname begins with a D now? Wink

No, of course I didn't get the cash. Gave up a long time ago. Life's too short, and I'm a great believer in karma Smiley

No hard feelings Tony! Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23399 on: October 26, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »

A big breakthrough in Civil Aircraft design with the maiden passenger flight today of the Boeing 787 "DreamLiner".

20% more fuel efficient, carbon-fibre not aluminium, da de da. But the only difference passengers will notice is the windows - 30% bigger, & no window blinds, simply press a button, & they electronically tint. Nicked that idea from the salon prive at DTD, I think.

http://bit.ly/uJ8ack

Pages: 1 ... 1556 1557 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 1563 1564 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: