blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:44:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2137 2138 2139 2140 [2141] 2142 2143 2144 2145 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333414 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #32100 on: April 24, 2013, 01:09:32 PM »

Hilarious tikay cos Patrick came up to me at DTD and said "wow just met tikay, I thought he was 26,he writes like a young bloke"

Irony at it's foremost.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32101 on: April 24, 2013, 01:17:27 PM »

Hilarious tikay cos Patrick came up to me at DTD and said "wow just met tikay, I thought he was 26,he writes like a young bloke"

Irony at it's foremost.

No chance, I'm not buying THAT.

RAISE IT UP
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:21:36 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32102 on: April 24, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »

New York, or London?

A chap named Martin Zweid, famous - or infamous - for predicting the '87 Stock Market Crash, died recently.

He was worth a pretty penny.

He lived in a private apartment spamming three floors on top of the Pierre Hotel in New York. Nice place apparently.

It is listed for sale at just over $100 million, reckoned to be the most expensive private (dwelling) property in New York right now.

Not sure I'd want to live on top of a Hotel, but it seems rather nice. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32103 on: April 24, 2013, 01:22:24 PM »

New York or London?

Meanwhile, in London, this beaut is up for sale. £250 million.

Owned by "an elderly Member of a Royal Arab Family".

The mind truly boggles.

Amazingly, simply by looking at it, you just know the architect was Nash. Wow, Mr Nash knew about class, colour, & scale.

Think I'll wait until I can afford the London one.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32104 on: April 24, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »

If you could live in any house, anywhere, where would it be?

I'm thinking the West of Scotland, the Applecross Peninsula.

And you?

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32105 on: April 24, 2013, 01:49:19 PM »

If you could live in any house, anywhere, where would it be?

I'm thinking the West of Scotland, the Applecross Peninsula.

The nearest decent coffee stop is how far away  Wink

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #32106 on: April 24, 2013, 03:07:29 PM »

I'm torn between a cottage by the sea or a log cabin style house near a forest.  Much prefer to live by the sea, but I've always loved log cabin style homes.  Not sure if the two work together, so I'd probably have to 'settle', one way or the other.

Ahhhhhhh....heaven!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #32107 on: April 24, 2013, 04:47:57 PM »

Nice to meet, good luck to your chaps still in tomorrow.

Thanks LilPatrick.

Kept meaning to reply to this properly, but met & chatted with so many people up at DTD last weekend.

Our Team? We did not run too good, we got two into Day Two, of which one cashed, a chap the same age as me. Who'd have thought?

Think we will do it again though, it ticked a lot of boxes both for our players, & the Business. The worst part about it - for me - was selecting 6 of the Team. Playing God is fun, but it has its drawbacks, as I got mullered by all & sundry on Social-Media. But there was a bunch of really nice stuff, too. Ying & Yang I suppose.

Meeting you was a real eye-opener. I could write half a book about this, but I'll try & be brief, & please don't be offended, I'm trying to be honest.

I - we? - form opinions of virtual friends & acquaintances, (all, or most blondes are, I suppose, mutual acquaintances), but the written word rarely portrays us exactly as we are.

You have been here a goodly while, & I guess could be considered a Senior Member.

You are not always.....exactly supportive of our Mods - your right, of course - & you do talk a lot of high-level poker stuff, the majority of which is right over my head. Not much in common there, then.

You are a young man who is full of confidence in himself, too. You state stuff as fact, not opinion. A lot. Self-confidence I like, arrogance not so much. Misplaced arrogance is the nut worst thing. How the hell do we know the difference?  We don't, we make assumptions, we do the books by covers thing.

Anyway, read between the lines, you are plenty bright enough, & you'll see I was not quite sure what to expect.

And what I found was something completely unexpected. You did the firm handshake & good eye-contact thing, & then, when I expected you to go off on some triple range merge bollox with added checkboxes & hashtags you started discussing beach life in Spain, your girlfriend, Romanian dogs, Romanian people, love of animals, da de da. We even ruminated about dear Barry Carter, for who we seem to share a Mutual Admiration Society. (He's a tosser in real life). And poker did not get a look in.

So there you have it. I was going to re-label the box I had you in, but I decided I needed to put you in a different box completely.

All that make any sense? I think it will.

I'd rather enjoy hooking up again. We won't have many common interests, & I don't do alcohol, parties, flips or all that stuff, but I think we'd be just fine.

Quite a surprise to me, you really were. And I think you have the ability to go a long way in the poker business. Behind the scenes I mean, moving & shaking, not playing.

Ladbrokes go 4/5 you take all that the wrong way. I love beating the bookies.

PS - You are definitely VERY deceptive in your writing style, you write like a bloke much much taller. Great bluff.

heh people often say I'm different to what they expect online. Thanks for the nice post, one thing I can't say is true is that I don't talk about poker. Unfortunately it's something that is on my head and I get a lot of "stick" for speaking about it 24/7, but perhaps it is because the company doesn't have anything better to offer me in return Cheesy

Would definitely be great to meet again, regarding alcohol, I've probably had less than 20 beers in the last 18 months and have been "clubbing" less than 3 times Smiley

I can bring my dogs and we can invite Red Dog.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #32108 on: April 24, 2013, 11:46:46 PM »

New York or London?

Meanwhile, in London, this beaut is up for sale. £250 million.

Owned by "an elderly Member of a Royal Arab Family".

The mind truly boggles.

Amazingly, simply by looking at it, you just know the architect was Nash. Wow, Mr Nash knew about class, colour, & scale.

Think I'll wait until I can afford the London one.

I'd want a front garden for that price!!!!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32109 on: April 24, 2013, 11:52:24 PM »

Have you ever seen Cribs, Tikay?

Essentially, it's like a Through the Keyhole episode where you are shown around by the owner, rather than by that Grossman fella. Usually someone high in the Hit Parade.

Here is Akon:

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #32110 on: April 25, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »

i lost £25 the other day betting middy that lloyd grossman wasnt on through the keyhole.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32111 on: April 25, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »

Essentially, it's like a Through the Keyhole episode where you are shown around by the owner, rather than by that Grossman fella. Usually someone high in the Hit Parade.

Here is Akon:

Used to love that show but now I see they have taken to getting spoilt 16 year olds to show the cameras round and it just makes me angry
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32112 on: April 25, 2013, 11:06:49 AM »

Here is Akon:

Tal, have you seen the video of Mitch, Keith and the others doing their Cribs in Vegas?  It's one of the best things on the interwebz.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #32113 on: April 25, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »

Vegas Staking Interest.

Ralph 5%

Aaron 5%

Doobs, amount to be agreed.

Fat Welsh Bloke 5%.

Reserved by PM (Liverpool fan...) 2.5%.

sharplea, 2%

I'm going to reserve 1% for Irene (TRIP5) too, as she had some the other night, & has not been paid her return from last year yet, as she asked me to look after it for her.

Supernova 1%.

Flushy wants to buy some of my action in any WSOP PLO8 Events, I play, too, (yes, incred! but true!) though he has not suggested how much yet. Think he suggested a meaty %.

Someone asked the question via PM, so I'll nail the rumour here & now - all action sold will be at spot, or "face value", there is nil mark-up.

The WSOP Events have the Reg Fee built into the Entry Fee, but at Binions, Nugget, Caesars & Venetian, it is added on top, seperately, I think. In those cases, I will absorb the Reg fee myself, which seems right & reasonable to me. After all, I get all the fun.

There is also the matter of the Thread that Cos started, for the Main Event, which included Red-Dog. I find that one a little awkward, embarassing, to discuss, or even broach. It may seem rude & ungrateful that I have not commented on that Thread, but I don't really know what to say.......

I am sure we agreed for me to have 1% too. I only pop on here every now and again (as I am busy trolling next door), so not sure where it was written down, if at all, but I am still up for contributing to your Vegas latte package.

Found it now.

Quote from: Knottikay on March 18, 2013, 02:00:13 PM
Staking??

1 % if still available please.

If no, no worries....
If yes, I will ship whenever you need me too.

Cheers.

Some folks never learn......

Of course you can Alan, thank you, I'll add you to the List shortly.

Hope you & yours are well. How old is your son now? Please don't tell me he is a Stoke City fan?

[/i]

Thanks Alan, & yes, apologies, I saw it at the time but I've become a bit if a scatterbrain & I clean forgot to reply.

I'll Edit the Staking list now, & you have 1% BOOKED.

PS - This Diary is a Coloured Font Free Zone, please! Does my little bonce in. Hope all is good with you & the family.

CHEERS. Let me know when/how much you need and I will sort as before. Sorry about the font.....Dylan told me to do it!

Like I say, I don't often venture in here but will be a daily reader once Jeeves comes back......along with TommyD, he is my hero!  Cool

Regards,
Alan

Life has no rebuy options
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #32114 on: April 25, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »

sent you a PM Tikay Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 2137 2138 2139 2140 [2141] 2142 2143 2144 2145 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: