blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2139 2140 2141 2142 [2143] 2144 2145 2146 2147 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6366833 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32130 on: April 26, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »

I'd never noticed before but doesn't Neil Giblin look a lot like Mitch Johnson

Goddamnit!

Why on earth do I keep confusing those two?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32131 on: April 26, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »

Ooh, can't resist this from snoopy's 2008 Beagle Awards. They were SO good.

Here is the 2008 winner, awarded to JungleCat

After experimenting with introducing a bad beat counsellor into the DTD cardroom, management decide they may need to work on their recruitment policy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #32132 on: April 26, 2013, 10:06:29 AM »

How can life get better - on the same page as Michaela Tabb, and Anna Fowler............... well almost.

Thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. Trumper got, completely, the comedy wind-ups you do on Ms Fowler. Worked very well, IMO.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32133 on: April 26, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »

How did THIS not win the 2007 Beagle Awards?

Submitted by - who else COULD it be? - AndrewT.

Two hours into a classic tikay anecdote and Lawrence's soul finally leaves his body.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32134 on: April 26, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »

Any plans to get the Devilfish on the show?  Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32135 on: April 26, 2013, 10:14:11 AM »

How can life get better - on the same page as Michaela Tabb, and Anna Fowler............... well almost.

Thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. Trumper got, completely, the comedy wind-ups you do on Ms Fowler. Worked very well, IMO.

Not wrong, he is often accused of being humourless, but he was bang on the money last night, in great form, & an absolutely terrific Guest.

I tread a very fine line with Guests like Simon, as I have to wear a next door hat, of course, quite right too, and so Simon is the sort of Guest who gets me in tight spots, "ooh, another of tikay's friends" but he analyses hands fine, & never once mentioned DTD or ISPT.*

* May be untrue.

It's almost like a sin to have friends these days, according to some. I give a damn.

PS - Apologies for uploading the Mitch photo, it is quite a stretch to think of the similarity.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32136 on: April 26, 2013, 10:17:49 AM »

Not wrong, he is often accused of being humourless, but he was bang on the money last night, in great form, & an absolutely terrific Guest.

I tread a vey fine line with Guests like Simon, as I have to wear a next door hat, of course, quite right too, and so Simon is the sort of Guest who gets me in tight spots, "ooh, another of tikay's friends" but he analyses hands fine, & never once mentioned DTD or ISPT.*

* May be untrue.

It's almost like a sin to have friends these days, according to some. I give a damn.

I've had this a lot recently too. The poker world is so small how can you not have guests you know on? Everytime I write something moderately positive about anyone someone accuses me of taking a bung.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #32137 on: April 26, 2013, 10:25:16 AM »

Just had a look at the link you posted and, wow, what a blast from the past.  The Broadway was my 'go to' place before DTD opened.  Never hear much about it from any corner now. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32138 on: April 26, 2013, 10:29:14 AM »

Any plans to get the Devilfish on the show?  Wink

Ha!

That MIGHT just be the Quip of the Year.

Oh my oh my, what a party we had.

The expression "got the wrong end of the stick" comes to mind, there seemed to be about 25 sticks, & somehow 50 wrong ends were grasped. I just sat there agog, as the various flights of fancy came tumbling out, one after the other. Just another day.

I must say I appreciated your input, I had previously underestimated your dry humour & wit, it was very very good, though I fear a considerable degree of whooshage was encountered. Like I said earlier, I get good & bad go-to's.

PS - seriously, thank you. Quite an experience, that.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32139 on: April 26, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »

I tread a vey fine line with Guests like Simon, as I have to wear a next door hat, of course, quite right too, and so Simon is the sort of Guest who gets me in tight spots, "ooh, another of tikay's friends" but he analyses hands fine, & never once mentioned DTD or ISPT.*

* May be untrue.

I've had this a lot recently too. The poker world is so small how can you not have guests you know on? Everytime I write something moderately positive about anyone someone accuses me of taking a bung.

Yes, very difficult, but what can you do?

It's always his mates, people he knows

Well, err, yes. There has to be a reason I got given the job, perhaps that is something to do with it? It sure ain't for my dashing looks & TV personna.

So many people have agendas I suppose, but yeah, I get the same accusation - how much did he slip you for that?

Which reminds me, you paid Tighty yet for those dodgy reviews?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32140 on: April 26, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

Broadway is busy. Sky Poker going there for the next UK Leg on 8th June. All welcome and this spam will now self-destruct in 10,9,8....

Not sure if tikay is aware but David Jones, the manager, passed away recently.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32141 on: April 26, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »

* May be untrue.

Yes, very difficult, but what can you do?

It's always his mates, people he knows

Well, err, yes. There has to be a reason I got given the job, perhaps that is something to do with it? It sure ain't for my dashing looks & TV personna.

So many people have agendas I suppose, but yeah, I get the same accusation - how much did he slip you for that?

Which reminds me, you paid Tighty yet for those dodgy reviews?

I got 37 emails from Barry in the last fortnight (NOT on the book). That's payment enough

My eyes are open wide
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #32142 on: April 26, 2013, 10:42:30 AM »

Broadway is busy. Sky Poker going there for the next UK Leg on 8th June. All welcome and this spam will now self-destruct in 10,9,8....

That name doesn't ring a bell.  Who was the manager there in around 2005 - 2006? 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32143 on: April 26, 2013, 10:43:30 AM »

Mr Jones.White hair, beard.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32144 on: April 26, 2013, 10:44:07 AM »

Oh dear, very sorry to hear that. He always seemed most cordial & amiable. Can't have been very old, either?

Pages: 1 ... 2139 2140 2141 2142 [2143] 2144 2145 2146 2147 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: