blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 05:20:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2505 2506 2507 2508 [2509] 2510 2511 2512 2513 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6383614 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37620 on: May 16, 2014, 09:29:47 AM »

What is your thoughts on boycotting the Venetian due to Sheldon Adelson and his stance on online poker ?

Now you mention it, $600 isn't that big. 

Behave.

Can you please let me know if you want....

1)  "Just" the bigger events, or all.

2) What defines "bigger"? Just the WSOP ones, or the 3 x Venetian $600 ones, please.

Mr Mere informs me that it is not a problem administratively if you just take the bigger stuff, but it needs defining.

Entirely your choice, I'm not fussed either way.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37621 on: May 16, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »

Tony, i would like to invest to the tune of £100 English pounds. Should get me about 1.5% ish.
Please confirm this is ok and bank details.
Greg

Morning Gregory,

£100 BOOKED.

Will send Bank Details shortly.

Thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37622 on: May 16, 2014, 09:31:34 AM »

Oops, think I promised Fat Dyl some action - he has a bit reserved.

Pfft, just for that, I will set fire to 1% total please Gramps.

Will be worth the money just so that I can abuse you during your time in Vegas :-)

You can piss right off.

I'll take your 1% though, so I can spite lose it.

BOOKED

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37623 on: May 16, 2014, 09:33:08 AM »

Would I be able to purchase one of those £50 jobbie % thingies??

Hi Carl,

Yes, £50 worth BOOKED.

Will send Bank Details in due course.

Thank you.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37624 on: May 16, 2014, 09:35:37 AM »

Could you send me your bank details please Tikay.

Could I have 3% please and could you let me know how much that is in sterling please ?

Good luck

Morning Lisa.

Yes, 3% BOOKED.

3% = $330, = approx £196.44 at spot, though Mere will post the agreed conversion rate shortly.

Thanks.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37625 on: May 16, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »

Are pieces still available? If they are, count me in for an amount between £100-£200. Haven't decided yet.

If anyone told me 2-3 years ago I would stake Methuselah to play poker I would call them idiots at least. Who is the idiot now? Smiley

Hope life treats you well Sir.

Morning Greeky.

Looks like you are the last man on board, as I think we are sold out now, but you are BOOKED.

Let me know how much you decide soonest please, so we can finalise the team.

Thanks mate.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #37626 on: May 16, 2014, 09:46:34 AM »

1%  please Tony, can I send from Stars ?

Steve

ohhhhhhhhh  just remembered you are not a Stars user, so please let me have bank details.

Will do, Steve.

As it happens.......

I do have a 'Stars account, which had lain dormant since it became awkward for me to play there due to other commercial constraints, back in the day, around 2004 or 2005. (Sporting Bet, Wm Hill, blondepoker CardRoom & then Sky Poker).  

I re-activated it only last week, & played one of those $27 SCOOP Events, an Omaha thing. Was going along nicely, no re-entries & quite deep, (well, 1,000 or so from the cash in a 7,000 runner jobbie, lol), but then I played a hand really badly - missed a bet on the turn, & allowed my man to pick up a draw & eventually do a get, so that was that. Been kicking myself ever since, I just bottled the flop bet when a really co-ordinated flop landed. Been kicking myself ever since.

Some site now, too, jeez, though the lobby made my eyes bleed profusely.

Anyway, my point was, I shall play tonight's $27 SCOOP PLO8 thing. Rather looking forward to it, actually. I'll swerve the Medium though ($275?), that's a bit big for me, & presumably full of tidy players.

Anyway, yes, willl send Bank Details overnight or first thing on the morrow.

There are 30 or 40 players each day in the 100.  The Hypers maybe have 20 players who sre regs at 30+.  I am the 4th most active at 60+ and I don't play much.  Even on stars the player pool at these limits is very small.  

Most are just going to be people chancing a go at a SCOOP.  Wish I could play but it is just too late.  Might see you in the $27.  Gl

I'm stunned at those numbers.

I watched you for a bit, & I was curious to see there were FIVE UK-based players on your table. Is that usual?

Then you had a big accident with K-K-x-x, & A-Q-x-x man turned you over, & you went down to 900.

As always seems to happen, you found good Aces the very next hand, & someone thought you were tilt-raising, but it was a chop.

Next time I looked you had doubled to 1,800.

I exited the Baby Scoop shortly later, so lost track.

I played a shocking exit hand, I wanted to "play for stacks" with the big-stacked serial raiser, & I thought my A-Q-J-2 sscc would be ahead of his range as he was opening every pot. He had A-K-4-2, & had me in shocking shape, & I was all wrapped up on the A-3-8 all-red flop.

Don't think 5 is normal.  There is a fella who plays very large volume of Hypers from the UK.  Adam Rfffhfxdrgv is a regular in the 100 game and most others.  There is also a fella with the biggest potty mouth on the site, who spends every game moaning about how bad he runs (every isn't much of an exaggeration).  Adam will know exactly who I am talking about.  I had a recent brief correspondence with Stars on this.  Apparently telling sonebody to die after losing a flip in a $15 game, calling another 2 the c word and numerous other examples in a 30 minute rant isn't enough for a ban.  This fella is responsible for well over half the atrocious behaviour in my games.  So short sighted to let people like that keep their chat.  But I am told that it is an adult site and I should expect some adult "banter".  And after all some people use language to deliberately upset other players and that is just part of the game.  Of course I have seen it all before and am hardly likely to leave, but that really wasn't my point.

Anyway, I digress, I'd say the 100 game is definitely reg heavy.  The player pool is so small, that I am not sure a HUD helps much.  I have one running.  Don't think there is as much advantage as there would be 20 tabling hold em.  Hypers are much the same, I probably get more from notes on strange shoves and calls than from my HUD.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37627 on: May 16, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »

Right, you can all ignore tikay's ramblings; here's how it is going to be organised.

I'll be keeping a track of the "investments" and the latest status will be recorded on this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdDZoeG1sazZZRDY3VWNUdzNYVmZVTmc#gid=1

I'm aware that some of you have a fear/dislike of spreadsheets so occasional summaries will be posted on this thread.
There appears to be no Greek word for a phobia relating to spreadsheets but it can only be a matter of time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_phobias

tikay has published the schedule but it will almost certainly change (within limits).  It's possible (although I think we can all agree that it's unlikely) that tikay might make day 2 of some events which may require a rejig of the schedule, for example.
Last year tikay effectively free-rolled some people as it was impossible to get confirmation of whether they wished to be involved before the events. This wasn't fair on people who explicitly committed money before the additional events.
Any money invested this year will be converted into a % of the final package.
I will ensure that no liberties are taken - i.e. that the final package is within 20% of the proposed schedule above. If tikay enters the "One Drop" then it won't be included in this schedule.
Nobody will be asked for more money or be duped for a loss of earnings if the schedule changes in this way.

The precise % that you have bought of the schedule will therefore only be known at the end of the trip. For anyone who has already agreed a percentage, a %1 share will cost approximately £65. You can work out how much you wish to "donate" based on that figure. It doesn't matter if you have booked £30 or £300, I will convert it into the appropriate share at the end of the trip.

As tikay has said above, approximately 50% of his schedule has already been booked.

I have declared a conversion rate of 1.68 dollars per pound sterling as the fixed conversion rate for initial investments. I'm using a fixed rate because the rate shouldn't change too much during this period and it is not sensible to use a separate rate for each transaction as I won't know the exact time that tikay gets the money and won't be monitoring the exchange rate hourly.

We will post the exchange rate for conversion back to sterling (if the need arises Smiley ) at the end of the trip.

I hope that is all clear.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37628 on: May 16, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »

Would I be able to purchase one of those £50 jobbie % thingies??

Hi Carl,

Yes, £50 worth BOOKED.

Will send Bank Details in due course.

Thank you.
Tx. Spite losing is acceptable as long as it's only Dyl's you are losing.

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37629 on: May 16, 2014, 09:53:01 AM »

Right, you can all ignore tikay's ramblings; here's how it is going to be organised.

Marv. I had it all under control.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #37630 on: May 16, 2014, 09:55:05 AM »

1%  please Tony, can I send from Stars ?

Steve

ohhhhhhhhh  just remembered you are not a Stars user, so please let me have bank details.

Will do, Steve.

As it happens.......

I do have a 'Stars account, which had lain dormant since it became awkward for me to play there due to other commercial constraints, back in the day, around 2004 or 2005. (Sporting Bet, Wm Hill, blondepoker CardRoom & then Sky Poker).  

I re-activated it only last week, & played one of those $27 SCOOP Events, an Omaha thing. Was going along nicely, no re-entries & quite deep, (well, 1,000 or so from the cash in a 7,000 runner jobbie, lol), but then I played a hand really badly - missed a bet on the turn, & allowed my man to pick up a draw & eventually do a get, so that was that. Been kicking myself ever since, I just bottled the flop bet when a really co-ordinated flop landed. Been kicking myself ever since.

Some site now, too, jeez, though the lobby made my eyes bleed profusely.

Anyway, my point was, I shall play tonight's $27 SCOOP PLO8 thing. Rather looking forward to it, actually. I'll swerve the Medium though ($275?), that's a bit big for me, & presumably full of tidy players.

Anyway, yes, willl send Bank Details overnight or first thing on the morrow.

There are 30 or 40 players each day in the 100.  The Hypers maybe have 20 players who sre regs at 30+.  I am the 4th most active at 60+ and I don't play much.  Even on stars the player pool at these limits is very small.  

Most are just going to be people chancing a go at a SCOOP.  Wish I could play but it is just too late.  Might see you in the $27.  Gl

I'm stunned at those numbers.

I watched you for a bit, & I was curious to see there were FIVE UK-based players on your table. Is that usual?

Then you had a big accident with K-K-x-x, & A-Q-x-x man turned you over, & you went down to 900.

As always seems to happen, you found good Aces the very next hand, & someone thought you were tilt-raising, but it was a chop.

Next time I looked you had doubled to 1,800.

I exited the Baby Scoop shortly later, so lost track.

I played a shocking exit hand, I wanted to "play for stacks" with the big-stacked serial raiser, & I thought my A-Q-J-2 sscc would be ahead of his range as he was opening every pot. He had A-K-4-2, & had me in shocking shape, & I was all wrapped up on the A-3-8 all-red flop.

That exit hand sounds fine.  It would me more than enough for me to do the same vs described villian.  Managed to get more than half my stack in with AA3x or AA4x pre vs one all in and 1 caller. Flop came 2 low cards and 2 hearts.  Managed to get the rest of my stack in vs Ah2hxy.  Think he might of hit a pair too.  I think I only had 30% at that point.  Think it was all a bit standard, and A2 guy couldn't really fold at any point.  

Would have loved to play the 2 big ones though.  Patrick was still going at nearly 9, and the 2k was still going last I looked, so was correct to duck them.  I don't know if bokkie is still in, but he is the biggest winner in the Hypers and sure he plays the 100 fairly regularly.  Very good player but not British.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #37631 on: May 16, 2014, 09:56:30 AM »

There appears to be no Greek word for a phobia relating to spreadsheets but it can only be a matter of time.

Mereaphobia ?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #37632 on: May 16, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »

What is your thoughts on boycotting the Venetian due to Sheldon Adelson and his stance on online poker ?

Now you mention it, $600 isn't that big. 

Behave.

Can you please let me know if you want....

1)  "Just" the bigger events, or all.

2) What defines "bigger"? Just the WSOP ones, or the 3 x Venetian $600 ones, please.

Mr Mere informs me that it is not a problem administratively if you just take the bigger stuff, but it needs defining.

Entirely your choice, I'm not fussed either way.

I blame Monda.  I had fully intended to boycott the Venetian if I went this year.  I hadn't really noticed that you had some Venetian tournaments in there and it put me in a minor spot when I realised.  

I can't dictate to you what to do, and it would be wrong to do so, so happy whichever way.  Just stick me down for £300 or $500.  If you have sold too much, happy to drop a little.  

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37633 on: May 16, 2014, 10:10:42 AM »

Mereaphobia ?

Cheesy

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37634 on: May 16, 2014, 10:12:02 AM »

Was not on blonde yesterday so missed this . Am i too late for 1% ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 2505 2506 2507 2508 [2509] 2510 2511 2512 2513 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: