blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2597 2598 2599 2600 [2601] 2602 2603 2604 2605 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320115 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39000 on: July 20, 2014, 09:35:11 AM »

There's quite a hierarchy for it. Some people take great pride in their seniority, but others just say that's swan upmanship.
Very nice.

Agree, top punnage.

I was on the Thames at Windsor yesterday, perchance, there were swans everywhere, I engaged convo with a stranger, & the subject of Swan-Upping arose. I tried the pun, it was a complete fail, lol. One of those that only works in writing.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39001 on: July 20, 2014, 09:38:29 AM »

In relation to the school letter our children's primary school send a letter to the parents with the results of the exams explaining that the test has a very specific focus and that the results do not always reflect the child's performance etc. This is sent to all parents irrespective of the results.

I thought the letter all over the internet was a nice touch as kids can be put off education/exams at a very early stage if all everybody looks at is marks on a paper. Do we really need to test very young children so much, they will have enough exams from 11 onwards why do they need to be tested so much at primary school, just let them be children and enjoy school!.

Hi Mr Wycher, I hope you saw my reply on the same subject to Mr NAKOR.

I don't mind kids being set exams, not at all, but I'd prefer the kids understood they are not the be all & end all of life. Exam failure is not life failure. That's all.

Seems to me you must be pleased with the Primary School your kids go to. How many kids do you have, names & makes, if I may ask?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39002 on: July 20, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »

Aother Malaysian aeroplane goes down, MH17

Commercial airliners now take evasive action to avoid eastern Ukrainian airspace. Example: Flight TG921 Thai Airways

Show down, apparently.

The actual aircraft made it's maiden flight on July 17, 1997, 17 years ago today.

Thought I'd come in and share this with you as I assume you don't frequent the Toon thread elsewhere.

Two of the people on that flight were Newcastle fans travelling to New Zealand for our friendly game.

In response to the tragedy Sunderland fans started a donation page to raise £100 for a floral tribute for both funerals with any excess going to charity, donations currently over £8k and rising.

Amazing gesture from Sunderland fans, here's the thread it started from :

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/floral-tribute-for-the-newcastle-lads.943399/

What a wonderful gesture, thanks Ray.

This "we have to hate each other because we support rival teams" thing depresses me more than I can say, but that is just terrific, particularly given the intense rivalry in the area.

Out of that dreadful tragedy, came something good, I suppose.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39003 on: July 20, 2014, 09:57:34 AM »

Commercial airliners now take evasive action to avoid eastern Ukrainian airspace. Example: Flight TG921 Thai Airways

Show down, apparently.

The actual aircraft made it's maiden flight on July 17, 1997, 17 years ago today.

Thought I'd come in and share this with you as I assume you don't frequent the Toon thread elsewhere.

Two of the people on that flight were Newcastle fans travelling to New Zealand for our friendly game.

In response to the tragedy Sunderland fans started a donation page to raise £100 for a floral tribute for both funerals with any excess going to charity, donations currently over £8k and rising.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/floral-tribute-for-the-newcastle-lads.943399/

Have to correct you there Lord Norton.

I read all the "Team Threads" here, & many elsewhere. I almost never comment though, as it is so hard to reason logically with committed fans.

Here, on blonde, I read every post on the 4 main "Team" threads. They all have their own sort of character & theme.

Arsenal. All about the Manager, genius, or well past his sell by date. But always great optimism. We are the Arse.

Liverpool. Very knowledgeable indeed, but don't be looking for, or, Heaven forbid, trying, humour. It's all oh-so-serious. No humour, right?

Newcastle. All about loathing the Manager & the bloke that makes everything possible, the Owner. Those who loathe them have never managed a Premiership Football Team, or made x Billion, as the Owner has. And yet they don't get a shred of respect. Clowns.

Man Utd. Sense of entitlement. 2 decades at the very top, one "bad" (relatively) Season & the new Manager got ripped to shreds. God help LvG if he is 1-0 down at half time in his first match of the season. Tosser.

A little tongue in cheek, but that's how I file those threads in my mind. No disrespect intended.

Are you better now? I know you were a little unwell last week. Hope it was nothing too dreadful.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39004 on: July 20, 2014, 10:00:17 AM »

I just wrote "dreadful tragedy".

What a dumb thing to write. All tragedies are dreadful, one assumes. Nice tragedies are a rarity.

I'm trying, Bryson style, to be more original with my adjectives, make my stuff more interesting & readable. Bit of a fail there. 

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39005 on: July 20, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »

What a dumb thing to write. All tragedies are dreadful, one assumes. Nice tragedies are a rarity.

I'm trying, Bryson style, to be more original with my adjectives, make my stuff more interesting & readable. Bit of a fail there. 

You'll never get your clouds pregnant at this rate.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39006 on: July 20, 2014, 10:17:30 AM »

Bit late, think they gave multiple births yesterday. Strewth, did you see those storms?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39007 on: July 20, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »

Will the King of Concrete XI be entering the fantasy football this year?
There is an interest list on the sports board. Be great to have as many teams as possible on board

Thanks Greg.

If I can find someone who will Manage my Team & do all the stuff, I will. I simply don't know enough about Football in truth.

Think I have 10 or 11 invites to various Fantasy Football Teams, they are amazingly & surprisingly popular. I have 4 from work alone.

Remember Johnny Gould, used to do the Ch 5 Baseball &, I think, NFL, & spent a while at Sky Poker as a Presenter, & on the Wm Hill TV Channel with Rhowena, Compo, Edy G & me?

He was a complete Fantasy League nutcase, it dominated his entire life.

I rather liked Johnny, mainly for his sheer enthusiasm.

After TV ended for him, he became an Auctioneer at Charity Functions, he could raise fortunes with his cajoling style, & was getting paid a stunning £2,000 per gig to do it.

The different ways people earn a living, or spend their recreational time is such a fascination to me.

What did you think of The Open, from Hoylake?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39008 on: July 20, 2014, 10:29:06 AM »

Bit late, think they gave multiple births yesterday. Strewth, did you see those storms?

Yes, but you have to live in a caravan to really appreciate them.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39009 on: July 20, 2014, 10:33:43 AM »

It's OK for those posh & pretentious buggers who reside in chalets though, one readily assumes?

What a memory, as kids at the seaside, when it tipped with rain.

The word precipitation only entered my vocab in the last decade, rain being one form of precipitation. I honestly thought precipitation was a sheer drop, like a cliff.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39010 on: July 20, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »

It's OK for those posh & pretentious buggers who reside in chalets though, one readily assumes?

One does if one calls oneself one.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39011 on: July 20, 2014, 10:53:34 AM »

Talking of kids, how is the apple of your eye, young Anya? (God, I do hope I've spelt it correctly for the first time ever). I reckon she should be due a baby Bro or Sissie. What a life that would be, eh?

x

Wink

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39012 on: July 20, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »

Talking of kids, how is the apple of your eye, young Anya? (God, I do hope I've spelt it correctly for the first time ever). I reckon she should be due a baby Bro or Sissie. What a life that would be, eh?

x

Wink

Ha!

Trust you to spot that.

Am quite relieved you never rose to the "Liverpool Team Thread" bait.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #39013 on: July 20, 2014, 11:27:37 AM »

Hannah's one of those who took her KS2 sats this year. The big difference between these tests and other exams (eg 11+) is that they really are only a measurement for the school to show ofsted how well they are doing against national standards, and the individual results for the kids are actually pretty irrelevant.  The school put quite a lot of pressure on rhe kids leading up to the exams (I understand they want to do well as a school) with revision schedules etc.

Rightly or wrongly, her dad and I both told Hannah not to bust a gut with the revision or worry unduly about the sats tests - there will be plenty of time for that from next year at high school when it actually matters for her and her future.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #39014 on: July 20, 2014, 11:38:26 AM »

Show down, apparently.

Have to correct you there Lord Norton.

I read all the "Team Threads" here, & many elsewhere. I almost never comment though, as it is so hard to reason logically with committed fans.

Here, on blonde, I read every post on the 4 main "Team" threads. They all have their own sort of character & theme.

Arsenal. All about the Manager, genius, or well past his sell by date. But always great optimism. We are the Arse.

Liverpool. Very knowledgeable indeed, but don't be looking for, or, Heaven forbid, trying, humour. It's all oh-so-serious. No humour, right?

Newcastle. All about loathing the Manager & the bloke that makes everything possible, the Owner. Those who loathe them have never managed a Premiership Football Team, or made x Billion, as the Owner has. And yet they don't get a shred of respect. Clowns.

Man Utd. Sense of entitlement. 2 decades at the very top, one "bad" (relatively) Season & the new Manager got ripped to shreds. God help LvG if he is 1-0 down at half time in his first match of the season. Tosser.

A little tongue in cheek, but that's how I file those threads in my mind. No disrespect intended.

Are you better now? I know you were a little unwell last week. Hope it was nothing too dreadful.

My mistake.

Yeah thanks I'm fine atm, confirmed just a hypochondriac Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 2597 2598 2599 2600 [2601] 2602 2603 2604 2605 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: