blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:14:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2710 2711 2712 2713 [2714] 2715 2716 2717 2718 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296993 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40695 on: December 17, 2014, 07:09:19 PM »

I think Tal is very intelligent and sounds like a really good chess player and should probably try and focus on playing more so he can reach his true potential in the game. 

The downside would be that he posts less on the forum.

That would be a real shame.

Fuck off celtic!

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40696 on: December 19, 2014, 09:12:46 AM »

There is literally no chance there is any leisure pursuit that has a bigger collection of weirdos in it than poker. I mean even the big stars of the games are weirdos.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40697 on: December 19, 2014, 09:16:19 AM »

Also how have I got to this many posts without someone telling me to fuck off? Amazing scenes.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40698 on: December 19, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »

Also how have I got to this many posts without someone telling me to fuck off? Amazing scenes.

Judging by the recent tone of the Diary, Alun, the line is about 5 hours before someone obliges. It'll probably be from one of your learned colleagues in the industry, too, that Carter bloke must be favourite.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40699 on: December 19, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »

Going to try & reply to some posts this morning, belatedly as ever.

NEHITD. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40700 on: December 19, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »

Judging by the recent tone of the Diary, Alun, the line is about 5 hours before someone obliges. It'll probably be from one of your learned colleagues in the industry, too, that Carter bloke must be favourite.

It all started when Keith mistakenly thought I was having a pop at him.

I've explained that I wasn't, so I'm expecting him to come along any moment and say something along the lines of "No probs Tom, life's too short. Lets move on".

The older I get, the better I was.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40701 on: December 19, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »

It all started when Kieth mistakenly thought I was having a pop at him.

I've explained that I wasn't, so I'm expecting him to come along any moment and say something along the lines of "No probs Tom, life's too short. Lets move on".

FYP
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40702 on: December 19, 2014, 10:31:40 AM »

I've been double reverse whooshed again, right?

It's KEITH.

K E I T H.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #40703 on: December 19, 2014, 10:41:34 AM »

George2Loose
Nirvana
Caroline Cove
Alex Goulder
Eso Kral
Julian Thew
BrummieBoy
GeoTheSarge
Rupert Elder
Lil Dave
Stuart Hopkin
Flushy
GreekStein
Jason Herbert
James Keys
Mondotoo
Gatso
Redarmi
Dave Shoelace
Jake Cody
Evilpie
Sharplea
taximan
Reece Snape

----

Dubai
Stu Hopkin, Gatso, Claw, Sharples
Simon Deadman
The Camel
david3103
lildave
tal
chris brammer
Millidonk
Honeybadger
horseplayer
merenovice
Scotty2hatty
rastafish
Hector62
RedSimon
BobaFett
Marky147
Ian/ED Gascoigne
Chompy
Aaron1867
Doobs
Warbwastard
Tim Blake

Fun looking through the two threads, in hindsight I guess I was way too petty over not being included, I don't think I said anything but at the time I know I was jealous haha. Immaturity I guess, now I really wouldn't care.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40704 on: December 19, 2014, 10:45:24 AM »

FWIW i did a list this year and was umming and ahhing about doing another one. Woke up on the 1st, decided it was too much hassle after the last two were torpedoed

A lot of people didn't see the big picture, what it was about and what it was trying to achieve.

Pleno, you might have been in this one :-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40705 on: December 19, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »

It's KEITH.

K E I T H.

I'm lolling.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #40706 on: December 19, 2014, 11:05:42 AM »

FWIW i did a list this year and was umming and ahhing about doing another one. Woke up on the 1st, decided it was too much hassle after the last two were torpedoed

A lot of people didn't see the big picture, what it was about and what it was trying to achieve.

Pleno, you might have been in this one :-)

On the contrary bud, I don't think you saw the big picture. 

RED-DOG don't hold ur breath for Keith, the dude is an elite class flouncer!

Tikay pls tell somebody to fuck off, would be pretty funny. It's just a couple of words and I think you would find it rather liberating. Happy for you to tell me to fuck off if it makes it easier.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40707 on: December 19, 2014, 11:18:05 AM »

It's KEITH.

K E I T H.

I before E except after C

It's Kieth

You must be thinking of Ceith
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40708 on: December 19, 2014, 11:22:30 AM »

It's KEITH.

K E I T H.

I before E except after C

It's Kieth

You must be thinking of Ceith

That saying is wrong as often as it's right. It should be changed to:

I before E except when it isn't.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40709 on: December 19, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »

George2Loose
Nirvana
Caroline Cove
Alex Goulder
Eso Kral
Julian Thew
BrummieBoy
GeoTheSarge
Rupert Elder
Lil Dave
Stuart Hopkin
Flushy
GreekStein
Jason Herbert
James Keys
Mondotoo
Gatso
Redarmi
Dave Shoelace
Jake Cody
Evilpie
Sharplea
taximan
Reece Snape

----

Dubai
Stu Hopkin, Gatso, Claw, Sharples
Simon Deadman
The Camel
david3103
lildave
tal
chris brammer
Millidonk
Honeybadger
horseplayer
merenovice
Scotty2hatty
rastafish
Hector62
RedSimon
BobaFett
Marky147
Ian/ED Gascoigne
Chompy
Aaron1867
Doobs
Warbwastard
Tim Blake

Fun looking through the two threads, in hindsight I guess I was way too petty over not being included, I don't think I said anything but at the time I know I was jealous haha. Immaturity I guess, now I really wouldn't care.

I'm assuming they are or were blonde Advent Calendar peeps?

Well you did mention them adversely once or twice, to be fair........as did others, of course, you were not alone.

Interesting timing, that, you would not have seen it, of course, but we spent a ton of time discussing you last night, on the Show. Probably 60% of 3 hours was spent discussing either you or Vicky, both of whom may need a carrier bag on British Poker Awards night to carry home the trophies.

We did a "British Poker Awards" special, for which you have no less than THREE nominations.....

Best Online Player

Breakout Player of the Year

Performance of the Year (Online MTT Leaderboard).

The Guest was Paul Seaton, who is the Editor of Bluff Europe.

So we got discussing you, & at some length, & how you have changed in the last year or so.

You were certainly perceived by many to be arrogant & full of yourself. I mean, self-styled "Best in the Business" when playing tenner HU SNG's is a bit optimistic, right?

And make no mistake, the vast majority of us have gone through the arrogance stage. It's one of those life-cycle things, we start off knowing everything, & with the passing of time, we slowly realise how little we knew, & know. Eventually you reach my age & realise what a complete cock we were when we were kids.   

Arrogance is perceived negatively, too. But it's NOT a negative, quite the opposite. Arrogance is fine, I love to see it, but it only fits for those who are especially gifted in their specific field of expertise.

Think Daley Thompson, KP, Muhammed Ali, Cantona, Mardybum (SPOTY), or in music, Robbie Williams.

Al arrogant, all wonderful at what they do. That's good.

Understated is good, too - letting others tell you just how good you are.

The line between humility & chest-thumping is huge.

But you talked the talk, & now walked the walk, so I see no problem with a touch of arrogance in your case.   

Anyway, just so you know why your ears should have been burning last night, it was a really interesting & constructive debate. 

I noticed you were, or are keen to get a Pokerstars Pro gig - honestly, I hope you get it. Few are more deserving. 

Interestingly, you said that you could only accept a deal where you believed in the product. So you might just be the next Danny Negreanu How would that grab you, defending Amaya/Stars?

Remember, if you take the shilling, you have to defend the Business, no two ways about it. That's an interesting one, right? So, here's the deal Mr L, $100,000 a year (or whatever) to be a Stars Pro. Yes, have we got a deal?

No idea why all this arouses my interest so much, but it does. I cba to read a HH, but I adore the various psychology of poker & poker players.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:28:07 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2710 2711 2712 2713 [2714] 2715 2716 2717 2718 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: