blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2779 2780 2781 2782 [2783] 2784 2785 2786 2787 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296382 times)
slowmo

View Profile
« Reply #41730 on: May 24, 2015, 04:02:04 PM »

Tony
to save time in immigration its always best to get a seat closest to the exit door of the plane. The closer you are to the back of Premium economy the better ( think  row 24 is the farthest back - how sad is it that I know that !!). If you get a bad seat then immigration is a nightmare.
slowmo

View Profile
« Reply #41731 on: May 24, 2015, 04:14:23 PM »

by the way , without looking it up  guess  how many planes does Virgin Atlantic have in its fleet ?
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41732 on: May 24, 2015, 06:13:32 PM »

I planned to go up to Foyles early this morning, to get some reading material for Vegas, I generally take 5 or 6, then read 2 or 3. The flight, 10 hours each way, is a great opportunity to read plenty. Luckily, I checked on google, & discovered Foyles does not open until Noon today, though you can browse from 11am.

I'll maybe go tomorrow.

In a departure from my "never read fiction" habit, I'm currently wrestling with Joseph Heller's "Catch 22", said to be one of the greatest pieces of writing this century.

It's a bit of a struggle, though, it is funny, & beautifully ironic, very clever, but it is written in what is, to me, a very weird style, with incomprehensibly long sentences, 90 or 100 words long in some cases.  

I may just have to quit, as I'm finding it very hard work.

I really dislike giving up on a book part way through, but it's a meaty tome, & I have so many other books I want to read, especially factual stuff.

Funny to see you say this as I had exactly the same experience  with this book a long time ago.  I don't read that often but when I do I usually get addicted and fly through a book in a couple of sessions.  With this one however I got a few chapters in and just couldn't muster up the desire to continue.  I have always toyed with trying it again but reading your post makes me realise why I never do!

That is so odd, Adam, as I actually tried to read it about 30 or 40 years ago, but gave up.

I keep seeing references to it though, so, on impulse, I decided to try again. Same result, so far, am not quite getting it.

Don't doubt it is a great book, just not for me. I'll try a few more chapters before giving up though, I want to at least reach the Milo chapter, Milo seems the key character in my mind, with his egg business.

PS - see you Tuesday, looking forward to it. Try and get Natterley to smarten up a bit though, it's Sky Sports.

Well let me know how it goes and if you get back into it I might give it another try myself.

Really looking forward to Tuesday too.  We're both not really cash players but will give it a good old try!

As for Natalie's style of dress, I couldn't possibly comment but I presume the Burnley shirt she has picked out will be acceptable for a sports' channel?

With it being a Burnley shirt I am sure it will go down well

Burn
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #41733 on: May 24, 2015, 06:46:28 PM »

Tony
to save time in immigration its always best to get a seat closest to the exit door of the plane. The closer you are to the back of Premium economy the better ( think  row 24 is the farthest back - how sad is it that I know that !!). If you get a bad seat then immigration is a nightmare.

Guess I'm lucky I got the last row in Economy Smiley

On the upper deck, obv. Wink
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41734 on: May 24, 2015, 08:07:17 PM »

Money dispatched Tikay. Gd luck.

Cymru am byth
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #41735 on: May 24, 2015, 08:35:38 PM »

My annual Pre-Vegas diet ends in 5 days.

Slightly disappointed, I was hoping to get down to 12-7, but I'm currently 12-12, so not a disaster, & I feel a lot better for it. Not touched a Rennie since the diet started, either.

I began in earnest on Easter Monday, & since then I've had exactly the same every day, without a single exception. Every afternoon, 4 Ryvita with Phili-Lite & sliced fresh toms, with a Diet Cup-A-Soup, then an evening meal of cod loins, marrowfat peas & tinned toms, followed by a giant bowl of fresh grapes. My weakness has been lattes, at least 2 every day, which can't help much, but I'm hopelessly addicted.

The diet ends, by tradition almost, at Gatters on Friday morning, with the biggest fry-up I can buy. Might just buy a couple of pork pies to eat on the journey, too. 

Glad to see you've ditched teh pineapple chunk option in ur diet, last year you were sprinkling that shit over everything. This weirdness was prob the secret ingredient that threw you off ur game. No beetroot could be a mistake tho.

Good luck bro.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
engy

View Profile
« Reply #41736 on: May 24, 2015, 09:58:04 PM »

Sent 170 tony g luck in vegas
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #41737 on: May 24, 2015, 10:14:21 PM »

Tony

Guess I'm lucky I got the last row in Economy Smiley

On the upper deck, obv. Wink

Upstairs economy great for immigration queue, even get off before premium upstairs.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41738 on: May 25, 2015, 12:39:18 PM »

Sent 170 tony g luck in vegas

Safely received, thank you.

Will update the Payments list shortly. (It's on Page 2766).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41739 on: May 25, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »

Payment also received from Carl (Mohican).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #41740 on: May 25, 2015, 01:03:11 PM »

I don't suppose you have any spare Vegas action for sell?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41741 on: May 25, 2015, 01:05:57 PM »

Went to Waterstones in the Bentalls Centre, Kingston, this morning, for this year's Vegas reading material. Must say, very well laid out, everything well-labelled & easy to find.

There was a whole "wall" on "Manga", which I had to get home & google to understand what it was - never heard of it before, but they had thousands of titles under that heading. It appears to be Japanese comics. WTF? How come so popular & prolific?

Anyway, purchased 3 books.

This is yet another "Great Train Robbery" book, maybe the 15th or 20th I have purchased down the years. Not quite sure why it fixates me so, but it's just a ripping yarn generally, & very much reminds me of a time of my life when everything was changing for the better.

The next looks a corker, the sheer beauty of numbers, love this sort of stuff. Numbers are all around us, but we rarely take a moment to admire their wonderful oddities, & how they work.

The third, well, I'm definitely addicted to this man, & must have read most books about him - probably more than 50 in my collection. Great humility & humour, & lives life with a smile on his face. Asked to nominate 10 people I most admire on this earth, he would surely be near the top of my list.

The title says it all - "Tap Dancing to Work", because he loves work, & life. I love positive people.

Click to see full-size image.

Never test the depth of a river with both feet

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41742 on: May 25, 2015, 01:08:14 PM »

I don't suppose you have any spare Vegas action for sell?

Unfortunately (?) not.

I'm oversold already, or I would sell a bit more, but I closed action some time ago.

Most of my stakers are annual regulars, & I have to look after them first really.

I appreciate the request though.

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #41743 on: May 25, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »

I have been reading Manga for years. Similar to Comics which brings us our super hero's! Just tends to be slightly more darker and graphical than normal comics.

Surprised you've never come across it.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41744 on: May 25, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »

I have been reading Manga for years. Similar to Comics which brings us our super hero's! Just tends to be slightly more darker and graphical than normal comics.

Surprised you've never come across it.

He comes across different publications.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 2779 2780 2781 2782 [2783] 2784 2785 2786 2787 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: