blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2925 2926 2927 2928 [2929] 2930 2931 2932 2933 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333529 times)
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #43920 on: January 07, 2016, 10:08:28 AM »

Ha, that's incred.

MattBates 1328000 1 £1611.60
extraman 0 2 £961.80
Goose60 0 3 £573.60
gooner473 0 4 £451.20
Boonicon 0 5 £384
pokarito 0 6 £321.60

The chap in 2nd is a mate of mine from my G-Luton days, Norman, an absolute gent.

Am I dreaming, or do you do particularly well in Rebuys?

A sneaky peek at your Sharkscope tells me that takes you back above £100,000 profit on Sky Poker. Quite a sum, considering the average field size & prize money.

You have some of those shiny stars, too.

Scheduled Tourneys Sky Poker, Profit 2015 - 4th

Scheduled Tourneys Sky Poker, Profit 2014 - 2nd

Scheduled Tourneys Sky Poker, Profit 2013 - 1st

Respect, Matt, that's some going, considering you have a full time, & very responsible, day job. Well done you.

I have always done well in rebuys, few results on stars in rebyus too. My UKOPS win was in a £55r. Hoping I can stop the slide from 1st to 2nd to 4th! Maybe I am getting too old and its a young mans game now!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43921 on: January 07, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »

Ha, that's incred.

extraman 0 2 £961.80
Goose60 0 3 £573.60
gooner473 0 4 £451.20
Boonicon 0 5 £384
pokarito 0 6 £321.60

The chap in 2nd is a mate of mine from my G-Luton days, Norman, an absolute gent.

A sneaky peek at your Sharkscope tells me that takes you back above £100,000 profit on Sky Poker. Quite a sum, considering the average field size & prize money.

Respect, Matt, that's some going, considering you have a full time, & very responsible, day job. Well done you.

I have always done well in rebuys, few results on stars in rebyus too. My UKOPS win was in a £55r. Hoping I can stop the slide from 1st to 2nd to 4th! Maybe I am getting too old and its a young mans game now!

The NKOTB is "gsmith13", who I don't know, or, more correctly, I don't know if I know, but he seems to be tearing up the tables. Have you two crossed swords much?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43922 on: January 07, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »

apropos nothing really, but I see stuff online every day that makes me gasp, despite years of reading all sorts of stuff, & receiving a fair degree of personal abuse.

I happened to be on 2+2 yesterday looking up something for research for a blog, & the degree of hate towards 'Stars from a certain section of poker has reached extraordinary levels, though it does not bother the smallball recs one iota.

On a thread (now closed) headed, rather invitingly for the trolls, "Things PokerStars need" was this one word reply;

"AIDS"  

Isn't that extraordinary?

There was a "Stars Strike" - well several of them - & one hopeful started a thread here on blonde about it.

It included this, which totally took my breath away;

"....We demand that every game-related change be approved by an online players council. Members of the council will be elected on our site and will represent different stakes and communities....".

"...Recent changes regarding the VIP system have to be cancelled as they weren’t approved by the players.....".

I DO understand the debate & can see both sides of it, but really, what planet can you be on to say stuff as utterly ridiculous as that? A business HAS to seek it's customers approval before it amends it's product offering? YBA. When Tesco up the price of a loaf of bread by a penny, do you think they are obliged to ask their punters first? And what answer do we expect the punters would give?

There is also a thread "Resigning from Pokerstars". By "resign", they mean "stop playing there" I suppose. Strange use of the word "resign". Course, most of them mean the complete opposite, wish I had a quid for every player Next Door who has said "I'm off, never playing here again", but still play there every day.    

Closer to home, I was not sure whether to laugh or cry when I saw this today, Next Door.

Mr Channing had made a throwaway comment about me eating vegetables, "did you eat vegetables?" (at Xmas) & it elicited this purler of a response from another player;

no. that would make him a cannibal

Which I thought was really.........well, you know, a tad odd. It did not bother me, but it did make me think how taste, & senses of humour, do differ so.  

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:49:14 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43923 on: January 07, 2016, 11:34:21 AM »

apropos nothing really, but I see stuff online every day that makes me gasp, despite years of reading all sorts of stuff, & receiving a fair degree of personal abuse.

I happened to be on 2+2 yesterday looking up something for research for a blog, & the degree of hate towards 'Stars from a certain section of poker has reached extraordinary levels, though it does not bother the smallball recs one iota.

On a thread (now closed) headed, rather invitingly for the trolls, "Things PokerStars need" was this one word reply;

"AIDS"  

There was a "Stars Strike" - well several of them - & one hopeful started a thread here on blonde about it.

"....We demand that every game-related change be approved by an online players council. Members of the council will be elected on our site and will represent different stakes and communities....".

"...Recent changes regarding the VIP system have to be cancelled as they weren’t approved by the players.....".

I DO understand the debate & can see both sides of it, but really, what planet can you be on to say stuff as utterly ridiculous as that? A business HAS to seek it's customers approval before it amends it's product offering? YBA. When Tesco up the price of a loaf of bread by a penny, do you think they are obliged to ask their punters first? And what answer do we expect the punters would give?

There is also a thread "Resigning from Pokerstars". By "resign", they mean "stop playing there" I suppose. Strange use of the word "resign". Course, most of them mean the complete opposite, wish I had a quid for every player Next Door who has said "I'm off, never playing here again", but still play there every day.    

Closer to home, I was not sure whether to laugh or cry when I saw this today, Next Door.

Mr Channing had made a throwaway comment about me eating vegetables, "did you eat vegetables?" (at Xmas) & it elicited this purler of a response from another player;

Which I thought was really.........well, you know, a tad odd. It did not bother me, but it did make me think how taste, & senses of humour, do differ so.  

Some right weirdos out there. (Might have had a small chuckle though)

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43924 on: January 07, 2016, 11:37:25 AM »

"AIDS"  

Some right weirdos out there. (Might have had a small chuckle though)

It was clever, yeah. I was not sure whether to laugh or cry, tbh.

It's surprising how these things can hit the spot sometimes, though. When you spend every day wittering & self-testing about things like senility, Alzheimers & the other stuff which creeps up un-noticed on the elders, it does make us think a bit. I mean. you'd never say such a thing face to face, would you?

Online fascinates me more every day. Proper strange place, which is eradicating all the social niceties & conventions we have had in place for years.

Have you noticed how people rarely say "hi" when they post, or bother introduce themselves when they first post?

If you met someone irl for the first time, there's a convention. Eye contact, smiley wiley, shake hands, exchange names, da de da. We can't do much of that online, but a little intro would not go amiss, would it?

I'm on a few (non-poker) Forums, & I would not dream of doing a maiden post without an intro first.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:45:13 AM by tikay » Logged

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #43925 on: January 07, 2016, 11:43:16 AM »

"AIDS"  

The resigning thread is about Ike not renewing his stars contract.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #43926 on: January 07, 2016, 11:47:56 AM »

Stars have got these crappy daily challenges on at the minute.  You have to play game x to win a ticket worth 5 cents or similar.  The other day it said I needed to play 2 spin and goes.  So I played a 50c one.  

First hand I raised and won 30 chips.  Next hand all 3 of us get our stacks in on the flop.  I can't remember the flop or hands but everybody was between 30% and 35%.  One fellla wins the lot, so I am left with 40 or 50 chips and he has the rest of the 1500.  Next hand I get 78 suited and shove, he calls with 99, and I donk the win.

He starts ranting in the chat box "JOKE", "rigged" etc, absolutely oblivious to the fact he had just won a massive flip and I had donked a tiny pot.   Suppose I was lucky I didn't get told to die of cancer for the 5th time that day.

Surely those strikers could surely get some of the changes reversed if they calmed down a bit, and were a bit more realistic about supernova elite.  As it was you got 6 people at a table, 5 effectively paying a dollar in rake and a sixth paying $4, and without the $4 guy the game doesn't run.  Yet all the way through that thread I didn't see anybody suggesting we all pay $1.50 or $2.   Things like better rewards for table starters should also be possible.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43927 on: January 07, 2016, 11:54:33 AM »

"AIDS"  

The resigning thread is about Ike not renewing his stars contract.

Yes, but loads of others joined in, "I'm resigning".

I found it rather surprising that many of them said they had never heard of Jan Heitmann.  Along with many others, he is no longer with them, though whether he "resigned" or left, I'm not entirely sure.

I've never quite understood the "Stars Pro" business model, there are hundreds of them, & I'm not sure how they monetise these things. Current shitstorm excepted, 'Stars have been pretty damn successful whichever way we look at it, so I guess it had a purpose & justification. 

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #43928 on: January 07, 2016, 11:58:20 AM »

Ha, that's incred.

extraman 0 2 £961.80
Goose60 0 3 £573.60
gooner473 0 4 £451.20
Boonicon 0 5 £384
pokarito 0 6 £321.60

The NKOTB is "gsmith13", who I don't know, or, more correctly, I don't know if I know, but he seems to be tearing up the tables. Have you two crossed swords much?

Never met the chap. I hope he doesn't read this to see you do not know him. He is well known for his table chat at times and has been known to say do you not know who I am!

Also know of him making comments to rec players mentioning scope results etc (maybe it was an off day but that stuff winds me up as its so bad for the game). If you are making money from poker that money has come from someone elses pocket, why would you want to insult that person?

He had an incredible year last year but having played this game for a while I have seen a lot of players come and go. Having a good year is great but churning out year on year is the real measure. It is easy when you are running well to grind hard but everyone has spells when they run bad and thats the true measure of a player. Some go missing, some grind work at their game loads and work harder. Whenever I get asked about the NKOTB I use this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl1rHQj7P5c

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43929 on: January 07, 2016, 11:59:23 AM »

Stars have got these crappy daily challenges on at the minute.  You have to play game x to win a ticket worth 5 cents or similar.  The other day it said I needed to play 2 spin and goes.  So I played a 50c one.  

First hand I raised and won 30 chips.  Next hand all 3 of us get our stacks in on the flop.  I can't remember the flop or hands but everybody was between 30% and 35%.  One fellla wins the lot, so I am left with 40 or 50 chips and he has the rest of the 1500.  Next hand I get 78 suited and shove, he calls with 99, and I donk the win.

He starts ranting in the chat box "JOKE", "rigged" etc, absolutely oblivious to the fact he had just won a massive flip and I had donked a tiny pot.   Suppose I was lucky I didn't get told to die of cancer for the 5th time that day.

Surely those strikers could surely get some of the changes reversed if they calmed down a bit, and were a bit more realistic about supernova elite.  As it was you got 6 people at a table, 5 effectively paying a dollar in rake and a sixth paying $4, and without the $4 guy the game doesn't run.  Yet all the way through that thread I didn't see anybody suggesting we all pay $1.50 or $2.   Things like better rewards for table starters should also be possible.

Yes yes yes to that, getting all snarly & angry-wangry never solved a problem like that. Discuss it in a reasonable tone & manner  & they may make better progress.  

Mr "JOKE", I mean, what can you say to these one-eyed sorts?

Incidentally, as to what you describe as those "crappy little challenges", I was sent this article this morning, & I'm sure the sender - sendee? - won't mind me sharing it.

Seems to be a reasonable balanced view.

http://www.onlinepokerreport.com/19164/new-pokerstars-promos-heavy-on-luck/

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43930 on: January 07, 2016, 12:07:50 PM »

Ha, that's incred.

extraman 0 2 £961.80
Goose60 0 3 £573.60
gooner473 0 4 £451.20
Boonicon 0 5 £384
pokarito 0 6 £321.60

Never met the chap. I hope he doesn't read this to see you do not know him. He is well known for his table chat at times and has been known to say do you not know who I am!

Also know of him making comments to rec players mentioning scope results etc (maybe it was an off day but that stuff winds me up as its so bad for the game). If you are making money from poker that money has come from someone elses pocket, why would you want to insult that person?

He had an incredible year last year but having played this game for a while I have seen a lot of players come and go. Having a good year is great but churning out year on year is the real measure. It is easy when you are running well to grind hard but everyone has spells when they run bad and thats the true measure of a player. Some go missing, some grind work at their game loads and work harder. Whenever I get asked about the NKOTB I use this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl1rHQj7P5c

Ha, great video.

I've heard comments about his Table Chat, yes, but I can only speak for myself. I railed a big UKOPS Final Table which he was on, & wished them all well, & he replied in a very gracious manner.

I deffo agree that it's seriously stupid to make derogatory comments about recreational players, why insult your customers, the guys that pay your wages? When I see or hear pros describing their (lesser...) table companions play as "tragic" I'm lost for words, how dumb is that?

Even in Football, where morality barely exists, Managers rarely diss lesser teams, quite the opposite. The great EPL managers - guys like Pelligrini, Wenger, Pardew -  are always respectful in their pre & post match interviews. 

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #43931 on: January 07, 2016, 12:44:12 PM »

Pardew?!

I suppose when he's not nutting players, or calling fellow managers ''old c***s''.....

First time I've ever **** out that word, very respectful of me Smiley

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43932 on: January 07, 2016, 12:48:16 PM »

Pardew?!

I suppose when he's not nutting players, or calling fellow managers ''old c***s''.....

First time I've ever **** out that word, very respectful of me Smiley

I just like to make sure people read this stuff......

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #43933 on: January 07, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »

You caught a whopper.

Speaking of whoppers, I'm off to Burger King.

Best Bitter.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43934 on: January 07, 2016, 02:23:35 PM »

You caught a whopper.

Speaking of whoppers, I'm off to Burger King.
Explains this-
Quote from: Mohican on January 06, 2016, 04:15:06 PM
Quote from: hhyftrftdr on January 06, 2016, 04:02:59 PM
Couples that persist in holding hands even on a narrow pavement as people try to squeeze past them whilst not falling into a bus.

Let go of his/her fucking hand for 3 seconds ffs.
Aim to walk between the pair of them.

My curves won't permit that.

Cymru am byth
Pages: 1 ... 2925 2926 2927 2928 [2929] 2930 2931 2932 2933 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: