blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3058 3059 3060 3061 [3062] 3063 3064 3065 3066 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296999 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #45915 on: June 27, 2016, 12:56:45 AM »

Good luck tikay

This has been keeping my boredom at bay as I enter week 9 in hospital

Wowzer, great to hear from you John, & even better to hear you are on the mend.

You've been missed by so many people, such a relief to know you are ok (ish).

Keep reading, keep posting, & I'll try a little harder to relieve the boredom you must be enduring. Tal must have helped with his input yesterday, too.

I just spent an hour with Tal, just chilling with a Starby, & we bumped into Adam Bromley, & Andy Greekfish. Barely recognized Greekfish, he looks like a Russian weightlifter now.

Blast from the past!

Lovely fellow, Andy.

I'll have to cab up to the Rio one day, and have a mooch around.

He's a big boy now.

He is one of the first people i ever saw on tv poker 10 years ago.  What did he used to look like?  He wasn't a himbo then right?  Just a fat stumpy little greek guy?

Looked much the same as that, but I seem to remember him having a bit of a Chris Waddle hairdo.

He's always been a bit of a lump, and definitely wasn't fat in 2006 when we first met, on the Laddies cruise.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45916 on: June 27, 2016, 05:02:23 AM »

Name that stomach.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #45917 on: June 27, 2016, 06:00:02 AM »

Aces

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45918 on: June 27, 2016, 06:05:43 AM »

Aces

Oh my, Posh Alex, a rare visitor to this diary, I am suitably honoured.

You arrived in town today, Alex?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:20:12 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45919 on: June 27, 2016, 06:06:50 AM »

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #45920 on: June 27, 2016, 09:24:13 AM »

Good to hear Horsey is back in circulation.

Keep up the rehab.

Equally important, did Tal post a link to that programme?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #45921 on: June 27, 2016, 12:08:31 PM »

Thanks all much appreciated

Can now get myself to the edge of the bed and stand with assistance which doesn't sound much but is massive compared to 4 weeks ago...

As of this morning I no longer have anything attached or inside me which is some relief.....

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #45922 on: June 27, 2016, 12:18:02 PM »

Can now get myself to the edge of the bed and stand with assistance which doesn't sound much but is massive compared to 4 weeks ago...

As of this morning I no longer have anything attached or inside me which is some relief.....

Good to hear you are on the mend Horsey
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #45923 on: June 27, 2016, 12:26:30 PM »

Small steps and all that. I was quite ill once and from time to time I was quite relieved to get asked about it. If you prefer not to then fine of course but I'd like to know what happened to you that resulted in being hospitalised this.long

sola virtus nobilitat
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45924 on: June 27, 2016, 12:49:30 PM »

Hi Horsey,

Hoping everything keeps improving. All the best.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #45925 on: June 27, 2016, 04:55:54 PM »

Small steps and all that. I was quite ill once and from time to time I was quite relieved to get asked about it. If you prefer not to then fine of course but I'd like to know what happened to you that resulted in being hospitalised this.long

No problem I'll try and reply later being awake pending
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45926 on: June 27, 2016, 07:56:57 PM »

Note to Stakers

Today I'll be playing this one.....

Venetian, Monday 27th June, 5pm, $1,100 PLO8

It's a 5pm start (1am UK), so you'll all be tucked up in bed by then, but I'll try & do a few updates.

This is one of the main planks of the schedule, one of the more serious ones, a genuine biggie. I'll quit working at around noon, get some sleep, then head over to Venetian at around 4pm, get me a Starby from across the road, & be as well prepared as I am able. This one really matters.

I only realised today that is has two Day Ones, A & B, which, presumably, means it is a 2 bullet affair for those who don't make Day 2 from Day 1a. (Day 2 is Wednesday). 

$1,100 is an eye-watering amount for a 2nd bullet, & I'm not currently minded to throw 2 bullets at it, though I might if I feel it is genuine value. Highly unlikely though. 

Best thing would be to make Day 2 from today's bullet, then we won't have that dilemma.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45927 on: June 27, 2016, 08:48:54 PM »

Every day I promise myself to get up to date with replies, & somehow, other things get in the way, & I'm short of time again today. I suspect it's something to do with Parkinson's Law.

Apologies to all.

I'll try & do a few now, but I don't have long. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45928 on: June 27, 2016, 08:59:08 PM »

I bumped into Jamie Burland last week. Outside of a TV Studio, I don't really know Jamie, but we had a nice long chat, & it was cool.

His Vegas trip this year was much shorter than usual, as he has just become a Dad for the first time. I don't recall which make it was, probably a boy or girl.

He was only here a week, played 3 WSOP Tourneys, & cashed in all three, which is pretty decent, I thought....

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=154871

Whilst chatting, he made me aware he runs a staking site, which was complete news to me, & he asked me to take a look at it. I don't have any experience or expertise in Staking Sites, but I had a look, & the site seems quite well put together. (That's neither a recommend or an unrecommend).

It's called Bearhug Poker, & can be found here.....

http://www.bearhugpoker.com/

Jamie is the grandly titled "President", & his "Chairman" is someone I am not familiar with, is Henry Jacobson.....

Bear Hug Poker’s Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder is Henry Jacobson. Henry is a professional high-stakes cash game and MTT poker player with extensive staking and coaching experience in both the on-line and live environments. In addition to a deep knowledge of poker, Henry brings a wealth of entrepreneurial experience to Bear Hug Poker having developed large-scale businesses in the fashion and apparel industry, including Mulberry Neckwear and his namesake lifestyle brand, Henry Jacobson. At their peak, Mulberry and Henry Jacobson generated $125 million in annual retail sales. Henry’s extensive experience in strategic business development will ensure Bear Hug Poker’s position as a best-of-class provider of poker life cycle staking and coaching opportunities. Henry is also a poker writer and examples of his work can be found in the bearhugpoker.com blog.

Lee Davy of Calvin Ayre penned a piece about Jamie & Bearhug here......

http://calvinayre.com/2015/03/10/poker/jamie-burland-giving-poker-a-big-bear-hug-ld-audio-interview/

I've no idea if the site is a good one or not, but I hope it pans out ok for Jamie.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45929 on: June 27, 2016, 09:11:31 PM »

Nice work mate, enjoy day 2 and good luck.

I've got a Starbies rec for you to try and it doesn't half get you going. Extra extra hot Soya milk Cinnamon latte with an extra shot. It's like a dessert in a cup and with all that caffeine you might be in insta AR mode.

Fire up the Spready Vince.

I'll give that a spin, Phil.

I'd estimate that 5% of my waking time in Vegas is spent in Starby queues.

Some of the things people ask for are ridiculous, they all want little "personalised" drinks, an extra shot of that, less of the other, hotter/colder, a Tall or Grande in a Vente cup, the list is endless. Tossers.

Incidentally, a regular Vente Latte in The Rio costs $7.03, whereas precisely the same thing in the Golden Nugget Starbucks costs $4.84. Quite a difference, that.

Hope you are enjoying Euro 2016. Name the winner......

Pages: 1 ... 3058 3059 3060 3061 [3062] 3063 3064 3065 3066 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: