blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3065 3066 3067 3068 [3069] 3070 3071 3072 3073 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297410 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #46020 on: June 28, 2016, 03:20:47 PM »

Last I looked this morning you were down to 20 odd k so glad to read you took some of Mantis advice and got into SCOOPIO mode.
GL for day 2
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #46021 on: June 28, 2016, 04:11:05 PM »

Woo hoo WP Tikay. Best of luck on day 2.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46022 on: June 28, 2016, 09:14:39 PM »

Best of luck today, Tikay!

Have to come to the strip later to check in at Aria, so will try and get down to the Venetian for a rail.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46023 on: June 28, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »

Best of luck today, Tikay!

Have to come to the strip later to check in at Aria, so will try and get down to the Venetian for a rail.

Thanks Marky - but note Day 2 is TOMORROW (Wednesday) NOT today.

Today is Day 1b, for all those who have yet to make Day 2. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #46024 on: June 28, 2016, 09:21:37 PM »

I have enjoyed reading the updates each morning Gramps, thank you.

Best of luck thursday.

Ship It!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46025 on: June 28, 2016, 09:23:11 PM »

Happy days Smiley

Day off tomorrow?

I'm not sure what day today/tomorrow is, to be fair, but yes, day off today, then resume hostilities tomorrow (Wednesday) @ 5pm.

We played for 10 hours straight yesterday, starting at 5pm & ending @ 3am, then I had an hour or so's work to do Next Door, so I was pretty whacked mentally. I also slept really badly due to severe cramp in my legs, ankles & feet, something I've rarely suffered before, so I'm feeling pretty flat today.  Plan is to get caught up on work, write a blog, get some sleep, & then go play Big O cash tonight.

Not complaining, obv, even reading blonde is a reality check, what with all the turmoil from Brexit, & Reece having a major op today.

Will try & address that fascinating "concentration" issue you asked about today, too.*

* Fascinating to me, anyway. Wink 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46026 on: June 28, 2016, 09:24:22 PM »

Best of luck thursday.

Thanks Dylan, hope all is well down in South Wales.

Best of luck Thursday? Assume you mean Wednesday. Sheesh, this time difference thing is a bugger.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #46027 on: June 28, 2016, 09:51:43 PM »

Inspired by Hodgson, I have my resignation letter ready for later this week.

Best Bitter.
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #46028 on: June 28, 2016, 09:57:10 PM »

Best of luck thursday.

Thanks Dylan, hope all is well down in South Wales.

Best of luck Thursday? Assume you mean Wednesday. Sheesh, this time difference thing is a bugger.

Oops, my bad, days all merge into one these days.

Things are well thanks sir, busy but well.
Immensely jealous not to be in Vegas myself but thoroughly enjoying living the experience through your eyes.

Now best of luck Thursday Wednesday mate  thumbs up

Ship It!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46029 on: June 28, 2016, 10:34:10 PM »

Oh no not another new ailment to add to our troubles. Severe cramp in legs, ankles & feet to go with dodgy peepers, concentration disorder, wee problem and a criminal record. Isn't there a disability event we can enter?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46030 on: June 28, 2016, 10:41:28 PM »

Oh no not another new ailment to add to our troubles. Severe cramp in legs, ankles & feet to go with dodgy peepers, concentration disorder, wee problem and a criminal record. Isn't there a disability event we can enter?

I don't remember complaining about any of those things.

Best add "memory issues".

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46031 on: June 28, 2016, 10:48:07 PM »

I suffer from cramp in my calves and hammys(these are excrutiating) from time time so I always try to do daily stretches such as touching my toes half-a-dozen times from a standing position, or at least getting as close as I can which seems to alleviate the problem.

It must be an age thing.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46032 on: June 28, 2016, 10:59:22 PM »

I suffer from cramp in my calves and hammys(these are excrutiating) from time time so I always try to do daily stretches such as touching my toes half-a-dozen times from a standing position, or at least getting as close as I can which seems to alleviate the problem.

It must be an age thing.

But what might the cause be in my case, Ralph?

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #46033 on: June 28, 2016, 11:07:05 PM »

Happy days Smiley

Day off tomorrow?

I'm not sure what day today/tomorrow is, to be fair, but yes, day off today, then resume hostilities tomorrow (Wednesday) @ 5pm.

We played for 10 hours straight yesterday, starting at 5pm & ending @ 3am, then I had an hour or so's work to do Next Door, so I was pretty whacked mentally. I also slept really badly due to severe cramp in my legs, ankles & feet, something I've rarely suffered before, so I'm feeling pretty flat today.  Plan is to get caught up on work, write a blog, get some sleep, & then go play Big O cash tonight.

Not complaining, obv, even reading blonde is a reality check, what with all the turmoil from Brexit, & Reece having a major op today.

Will try & address that fascinating "concentration" issue you asked about today, too.*

Twiddling your toes when you are playing will do you some good in the lower leg dept mate. Even a pair of flight socks too.

Loving the updates Tony, good luck on day 2.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46034 on: June 28, 2016, 11:19:04 PM »

Happy days Smiley

Day off tomorrow?

Twiddling your toes when you are playing will do you some good in the lower leg dept mate. Even a pair of flight socks too.

Loving the updates Tony, good luck on day 2.

Seriously, Phil - never knew that. Will give that a try. I tend to twiddle my willie a lot when I'm nervous, but you may have a point, I never get cramp there.

It's actually very hard to keep concentration for 10 hours at a stretch when, quite often, not much is happening, & the game, what with split pots, dwelling up, & arguments, shuffling & dealing manually (though Venetian have Auto Shufflers) is incredibly slow compared to 6 tabling online.

So I often get up & have a little wander mid-level, visit the restrooms, have a look around the other tables, da de da, so I do keep moving. Anyway, I'll try that tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 3065 3066 3067 3068 [3069] 3070 3071 3072 3073 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: