blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:56:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 3118 3119 [3120] 3121 3122 3123 3124 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297155 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46785 on: July 27, 2016, 02:28:23 PM »

Why does one alight a train, then?

Is a 'plane talked of like a ship and a train not?

I think that's modern speak.

Don't think we alight from an aircraft or boaty thing, do we?

What would be the antonym of "alight", then? "Board" I suppose?

Embark & disembark seem so much more symmetrical somehow.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #46786 on: July 27, 2016, 02:44:29 PM »

More sniggering incoming, but that Concorde at Brooklands is just 7 or 8 miles from here.

So one fine Saturday last year, Gill & I went across, & I gave her a special treat - I purchased 2 tickets, think they were £30 each, to allow us to sit in Concorde.

That was it. We sat in Concorde for about 20 minutes, & then got off. *

How exciting can life get?

* Technically, as it is a mode of transport, we embarked & disembarked. We are not allowed to say "we got on" or "we got off". Most unprofessional. 

You can get on and off concorde for free at duxford.  They don't let you sit on the seats.  But there are numerous other planes you can embark/disembark too.  The Lancaster bomber is the most eye-opening one. 

I don't know why now, but I expected it to be reasonably hard to shoot through the skin of a lancaster bomber.  But I touched it and remarked that it seemed pretty flimsy.  The answer was, yes it is, it is no thicker than a tin of baked beans.  If it was thicker then the thing wouldn't fly.  They do have armour plating, but that is for important things like ammo, and not "unimportant" things like people. 

There us no armour plating round the single hydraulic(?) line to the control surfaces either.  Your hun shoots through that and you are complete knackered. 

Then you get your gun turrets too.  Not only is it cold and lonely, the plane gets hit and you are going to have to get out of that lonely confined space and get too a suitable exit quickly, but you might not even know that now is a good time to exit as the line of communication might be knacked too.

I am not a war monger and realise that bombing people is an horrific thing to do, but I am in awe of the people who were brave enough to fly on those planes. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #46787 on: July 27, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »

Oddly, to alight also means to land on something. Usually when a bird does it.

Of course, these days, presumably everyone deplanes...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #46788 on: July 27, 2016, 03:35:29 PM »

Looks like all the returns have now been safely received, so we can put that to bed. If you have not been paid, let me know, but I think we are sorted.

We had a few hiccups - I forgot to pay Redbull, sent horsey's to a "dead" account (& got it back), was unsure where I was with scotty (sorted last night), &, don't even ask, but I sent MANTIS's return to a completely different fella. Groan.  Anyway, all sorted now, everyone paid afaik, so we can move on to more interesting stuff.

Hi Tikay,

May I ask how you got the money back that you sent to the dead account ? I always check the account number so many times before I press the send button as I have a fear of sending to the wrong account and never seeing it again
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46789 on: July 27, 2016, 03:42:21 PM »

Oddly, to alight also means to land on something. Usually when a bird does it.

Of course, these days, presumably everyone deplanes...

Alight is also what you ask for when your fag has gone out.

Deplane = Tattoo.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46790 on: July 27, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »

Looks like all the returns have now been safely received, so we can put that to bed. If you have not been paid, let me know, but I think we are sorted.

We had a few hiccups - I forgot to pay Redbull, sent horsey's to a "dead" account (& got it back), was unsure where I was with scotty (sorted last night), &, don't even ask, but I sent MANTIS's return to a completely different fella. Groan.  Anyway, all sorted now, everyone paid afaik, so we can move on to more interesting stuff.

Hi Tikay,

May I ask how you got the money back that you sent to the dead account ? I always check the account number so many times before I press the send button as I have a fear of sending to the wrong account and never seeing it again

Hi Lisa,

Important to distinguish between "dead" account" & "wrong account".

I sent horsey's money to an account which he had closed but I still had set up. When horsey alerted me, I went to my account & the cash I had sent had been automatically returned to me, the code was (something like) "FP REFUND". 

Unforch, I sent MANTIS's payment to the wrong person, completely my error, which is a different thing. (I was not 100% sure of MANTIS's real name, the name was quite similar & next to him alphabetically). MANTIS, of course, has now been paid properly. Pretty dumb mistake by me. I sent everyone's money at the same time, around 20 people, but made one bad mistake. The penalty of age & lack of concentration. 

I've contacted the bank to see if there is a way I can get it back. The weird thing is I don't recognize the name of the person I sent it to in error. It's not like its a regular blonde, someone I know well, where I could just say "hi bud, send that cash back please". I honestly have no idea who the chap is. I've put him name into Hendon Mob & nothing comes up, so it's probably not even a poker player.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:00:31 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46791 on: July 27, 2016, 08:46:12 PM »

I notice that you mention stacking your chips neatly and fiddling with them between hands.

I have also noticed that despite hundreds of hours of live play you seem never to shuffle two small stacks together, which is most people's version of fiddling with chips.

Have you never tried to shuffle chips or is it a fear of spilling them?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46792 on: July 28, 2016, 08:49:05 AM »

Quick shout out to Flushy, just back from Vegas where he had no less than 8 WSOP cashes.

Last weekend, dropped in class, he won the Grand Prix Tour thing down in Brighton for £40,000.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46793 on: July 28, 2016, 09:58:50 AM »

Before harking back to Vegas, I must just mention yesterday's adventure. A day at the seaside, of all things. Never thought I'd do any more of those, but it went rather well. Took the train, obv, which was jolly exciting. In fact we used 5 different trains. Is it possible to have more fun in a single day?

We went to Bournemouth, & I don't recall ever going there before. Beautiful sandy beach, immaculately clean everywhere, glorious weather, we even had a swim in the sea. 

Away from the beach, the town is a typical English seaside town - ageing, run down & a bit grotty in places. We went into House of Fraser, which, I suggest, had not changed in 50 years. How places like that keep going I've no idea.

The station is 103 miles from the beach, & we walked it both ways. FFS.

I suppose we chose the nut day, as the weather was glorious all day. On the downside, the place was absolutely heaving, way too many folks there.  Queues for ice creams, fish & chips, even (for the Ladies, but not the men) to have a wee.

Not really my cup of tea, but Gill loved every minute, so that ticked a box. Personally, a quiet cottage in the West Highlands of Scotland beats a beach all day every day.     

We even had our own Beach Hut. Proper posh, us.

Think Bournemouth is classed as a city, but I just see it as a nice sized town.

Only 20 minutes up the road from me, and I used to always enjoy a day/night out there.

Bet those huts go for some dough, for what they are.

A friend of mine has one a couple of miles down the beach in a quieter area, it's a touch bigger than those shown and you can kip in it and it's done out inside. It's worth £250k I kid you not....

This one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3710498/Would-pay-250-000-SHED-Tiny-wooden-beach-hut-measuring-just-14ft-9ft-reached-train-ferry-30-minute-hike.html

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46794 on: July 28, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »

Hi Tikay,

Hi Lisa,

I sent horsey's money to an account which he had closed but I still had set up. When horsey alerted me, I went to my account & the cash I had sent had been automatically returned to me, the code was (something like) "FP REFUND". 

Unforch, I sent MANTIS's payment to the wrong person, completely my error, which is a different thing. (I was not 100% sure of MANTIS's real name, the name was quite similar & next to him alphabetically). MANTIS, of course, has now been paid properly. Pretty dumb mistake by me. I sent everyone's money at the same time, around 20 people, but made one bad mistake. The penalty of age & lack of concentration. 

I've contacted the bank to see if there is a way I can get it back. The weird thing is I don't recognize the name of the person I sent it to in error. It's not like its a regular blonde, someone I know well, where I could just say "hi bud, send that cash back please". I honestly have no idea who the chap is. I've put him name into Hendon Mob & nothing comes up, so it's probably not even a poker player.

Just to draw a line under this, the "Mystery Man", who I thought I did not know, turned out to be a chap I did know.....

I sent him a note last night, & he returned the cash first thing this morning. I'd prefer not to identify the chap, but he's a proper gent.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #46795 on: July 28, 2016, 01:56:20 PM »

Hi Tikay,

Hi Lisa,

Just to draw a line under this, the "Mystery Man", who I thought I did not know, turned out to be a chap I did know.....

I sent him a note last night, & he returned the cash first thing this morning. I'd prefer not to identify the chap, but he's a proper gent.

Hope you have contacted the bank.  I would hate it if the bank managed to take the money too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #46796 on: July 28, 2016, 03:19:32 PM »

Before harking back to Vegas, I must just mention yesterday's adventure. A day at the seaside, of all things. Never thought I'd do any more of those, but it went rather well. Took the train, obv, which was jolly exciting. In fact we used 5 different trains. Is it possible to have more fun in a single day?

We went to Bournemouth, & I don't recall ever going there before. Beautiful sandy beach, immaculately clean everywhere, glorious weather, we even had a swim in the sea. 

Away from the beach, the town is a typical English seaside town - ageing, run down & a bit grotty in places. We went into House of Fraser, which, I suggest, had not changed in 50 years. How places like that keep going I've no idea.

The station is 103 miles from the beach, & we walked it both ways. FFS.

I suppose we chose the nut day, as the weather was glorious all day. On the downside, the place was absolutely heaving, way too many folks there.  Queues for ice creams, fish & chips, even (for the Ladies, but not the men) to have a wee.

Not really my cup of tea, but Gill loved every minute, so that ticked a box. Personally, a quiet cottage in the West Highlands of Scotland beats a beach all day every day.     

We even had our own Beach Hut. Proper posh, us.

Think Bournemouth is classed as a city, but I just see it as a nice sized town.

Only 20 minutes up the road from me, and I used to always enjoy a day/night out there.

Bet those huts go for some dough, for what they are.

Think a place needs a catherderal to be classed as a city ? not its size etc.. might be wrong but the dark bit at the back of my brain seems to ring a bell

Hi Spangles,

Not quite, times have changed. Not every City has a Cathedral, & not every town with a Cathedral is a City. Apparently....

http://www.cathedralcityguide.co.uk/the-cities/

Yo Boss !.. cant believe i didnt trip over you in Vegas... sigh all these new fangled rules

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #46797 on: July 29, 2016, 03:05:19 PM »

Any idea where you sent my money or am I still being "f**ked off"?

No worries if I'm still being grimmed of course but with you seemingly sending money to various random locations I thought I'd make sure you didn't think you'd broken the habit of a lifetime and actually paid me on time when in fact you've paid some other pillock.

As an aside why is pillock picked up on the Blonde spellchecker? It's an amazing word.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46798 on: July 29, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »

Any idea where you sent my money or am I still being "f**ked off"?

No worries if I'm still being grimmed of course but with you seemingly sending money to various random locations I thought I'd make sure you didn't think you'd broken the habit of a lifetime and actually paid me on time when in fact you've paid some other pillock.

As an aside why is pillock picked up on the Blonde spellchecker? It's an amazing word.

The agreed sum was sent on July 26th, to the usual Account (ends 952) with the code "Staking Debacle".  

That is the account to which I have sent many thousands of pounds previously by way of staking you. (Usual code "Keep Digging").

Check again please - it deffo left my account on the 26th, & went to the usual account. I mean, I should know it by now, I send enough money to it.

Pillock indeed.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:21:50 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46799 on: July 29, 2016, 03:33:26 PM »

You will be pleased, if not surprised to know that Evil Pie was talking out of his arse, in fact he was looking in the wrong hole.

He now admits he has received the full sum due.

He will be along shortly with a fulsome & heartfelt apology & retraction for damaging my reputation for paying stakers in an efficient manner.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:37:40 PM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 3118 3119 [3120] 3121 3122 3123 3124 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: