blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3190 3191 3192 3193 [3194] 3195 3196 3197 3198 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6335109 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47895 on: February 10, 2017, 10:32:05 AM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47896 on: February 10, 2017, 10:33:24 AM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47897 on: February 10, 2017, 10:39:01 AM »

I would like to think that i would.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47898 on: February 10, 2017, 10:43:48 AM »

I would like to think that i would.

Me too.

Whether I would is another matter, I really don't know.

The lady seemed bright enough to know she had to spread her weight by crawling on all fours. And she also presumably knew that if the ice broke, she might end up dying of hypothermia.

I'd be interested in knowing what Tom would do in the same circumstance. (God forbid).

There's a balance between love for our dog, & responsibility to our family.

PS - Hope it never happens to any of you.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47899 on: February 10, 2017, 10:44:59 AM »

Think MANTIS would rescue it, then throw it back.

nirvana would ignore the dog, he's too posh to get on all fours.  

Vinny would rescue the dog then eat it.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47900 on: February 10, 2017, 10:59:01 AM »

No.

Get a rope at the minimum.

Pretty much nobody will cope falling in to an icy river in full clothing.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47901 on: February 10, 2017, 11:58:30 AM »

I wouldn't attempt a rescue unless I had a good chance of doing it safely, ie, with a rope to shore or a floatation ring. I think it would be extremely irresponsible for me to take such a huge risk with my life.

Anyway, ice that won't support a whippet definitely won't support me.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:19:05 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47902 on: February 10, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »

I think it's thoroughly irresponsible to put a whippet in a red jumper.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47903 on: February 10, 2017, 12:42:11 PM »

I wouldn't attempt a rescue unless I had a good chance of doing it safely, ie, with a rope to shore or a floatation ring. I think it would be extremely irresponsible for me to take such a huge risk with my life.

I am fairly surprised the ice hasn't broken.  The dog is way smaller than she is.

Note on the last picture what the dog thinks of her.  The dog is effectively saying "I am off, that ice is dangerous.  Good luck..... idiot"

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47904 on: February 10, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »

I am fairly surprised the ice hasn't broken.  The dog is way smaller than she is.

Note on the last picture what the dog thinks of her.  The dog is effectively saying "I am off, that ice is dangerous.  Good luck..... idiot"

I agree - that woman is not even close to being what I would call anorexic but the ice rather surprisingly held.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #47905 on: February 11, 2017, 11:41:26 AM »

How dumb to let the dog off lead near ice that has started to thaw, let alone frozen solid

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #47906 on: February 11, 2017, 12:27:12 PM »

My uncle used to have a farm, they used to have a massive concrete pit full of cow shit the size of a small swimming pool to deep to standup in that they used for muck spreading purposes, the top of which was a dry crust so looked like it could be walked on to any animal. It was surrounded by a metal fence but there we gaps big enough that a dog could get through, but the farm dog knew not to go there.

Me and my bro took his new dog to see our cousin one day, and my bros dog legged it straight out onto the shit and sunk completely in out of reach from the side. My cousin got in and went after the dog only held by my brothers hand who was lying at the side of the pit stretched out over the side, he grabbed the dog by the collar and pulled it in. Thinking back that was a pretty dangerous thing to do, if his hand had slipped from my brothers he was likely a goner.....
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47907 on: February 12, 2017, 11:11:07 AM »

Weird Wiki

What's the nerdiest, geekist Wiki page you have ever come across?

Please don't ask how I know this one, but suffice to say there IS good reason & you may hear more on this matter in due course.

For now, here's my nomination to start the ball rolling.

The carpet at Portland International Airport has it's own Wiki page. Beat that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_International_Airport_carpet

The lines on the carpet represent the runway design.

It gets better though - you can buy Portland Airport Carpet branded socks, plimsolls & even beer.

I'm gonna get me some of that.  

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47908 on: February 13, 2017, 01:08:47 AM »

This exists and I think you'll appreciate  the mans commitment.  
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/wetherspoons-carpets-book-spoon-s-carpets-an-appreciation-kit-caless-a7367881.html

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47909 on: February 13, 2017, 09:40:13 AM »

That's pretty good on the Geek Scale, Carl.

I'm awarding it a 7.

Moving on to less trivial matters, presumably you have met Neil Strike a few times? Ugh, what a sad, bad, do all that is. A whole bunch of friends & acquaintances have been taken for goodly sums, almost all of them between £2,500 & £5,000. A whole bunch of my friends Next Door got caught.

We can sit here & be all smug - "you have only yourselves to blame for lending him money" - but that misses the point completely. Most of us are decent human beings, & it's in our nature to want to help our friends who claim to have a few problems. It's not a weakness or something to be ashamed of, far from it.    

And I'm not being holier than thou, either, I've made the same mistake many a time & loaned money in good heart only to be shafted. And we can be wise after the event, & say "well he always looked a wrong 'un", but that kite don't fly, I've been done over by what appear to be the most liked & trusted folks you could imagine, including blondes with a great rep. If a friend needs a helping hand, we generally give it. And sometimes we pay in money, & lost friendships. That's just how it is.

This latest one is well bad though - genuinely criminal in the true sense of the word. I guess he'll end up doing time, but that won't help those who loaned him, that money has gone for ever.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:56:51 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3190 3191 3192 3193 [3194] 3195 3196 3197 3198 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: