blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:18:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3193 3194 3195 3196 [3197] 3198 3199 3200 3201 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332123 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47940 on: February 15, 2017, 10:06:28 PM »

My Mrs borrows £10 off me here £20 off me there, never seen a penny of it back. The skill of that con is unreal.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #47941 on: February 15, 2017, 10:19:12 PM »

The figues involved are absolutely stunning in the Strike case.

I'd lend virtually anyone £20 or £50. Friends I'd go to hundred or two without thinking about it.

But 5k or 10k? There's maybe 5 people who I'd lend that to in the world because I know 100% I'd get it back without any panic. But they wouldn't ask anyway.

Would they be off the list of 5 if they did ask? Wink

Hahaha, that is an excellent question!

Seriously, and this isn't after timing, just because you've had dinner with a guy a couple of times, maybe even shared a hotel room, why would that mean you'd lend him 10 bloody grand?

I read the account of one bloke who lent Strike money, and he really could not afford to lend the money, but did so anyways.

I have every sympathy for him but even if there is 0.1% risk they'll scam you, why risk the welfare of your family for some geezer you've met playing poker?

When I first got into gambling/poker a wise man said to me "What is the point of lending money? The absoluely best that can happen is that you break even on the deal".

So if you need a score for the taxi home, sure come to me. If you need 5k for the buyin to the EPT Monte Carlo until the cash flow problems in your business are sorted out, sorry, look elsewhere.
Mr Camel, perhaps i can best explain.
 As you may or may not know, i used up a lifetime of run good in last years UKPC. So after spending the whole of day2 with Mr Strike to my immediate left, a beer in the hotel after and breakfast with him, he seemed a very pleasant chap, well known next door and seemingly a decent player(to me anyway). So in June,when i was approached for a small loan,I thought his approach not to be out of the ordinary. However, the interest seemed to good to be true and i was worried his FB account had been hacked.So after approaching a few friends in poker to get his number, one of them asked if I'd been approached for a loan and warned me away after his Wife ran checks on Neil's company(she's an accountant)after he'd been approached. So i politely declined and thought nothing of it. It seems that he targeted a lot of recs next door like me (especially the ones with a decent win rate/big scores)r and relied on his rep  there to convince them to hand over smaller sums. I wasn't too far from being one. I can name 10 without thinking from my team next door who were approached and there's with out doubt more than that who where. It seems he just used any contact he had in poker to try to further his addiction and i think he realised it was worth the effort to send all these messages as eventually he'd get a loan from a few.
 Cliffs- if he knew you through poker, there's every chance you'd be approached.

Haven't you heard the phrase "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is"?

Well done on avoiding getting turned over.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47942 on: February 15, 2017, 10:32:27 PM »

I'd lend virtually anyone £20 or £50. Friends I'd go to hundred or two without thinking about it.

But 5k or 10k? There's maybe 5 people who I'd lend that to in the world because I know 100% I'd get it back without any panic. But they wouldn't ask anyway.

Seriously, and this isn't after timing, just because you've had dinner with a guy a couple of times, maybe even shared a hotel room, why would that mean you'd lend him 10 bloody grand?

I read the account of one bloke who lent Strike money, and he really could not afford to lend the money, but did so anyways.

I have every sympathy for him but even if there is 0.1% risk they'll scam you, why risk the welfare of your family for some geezer you've met playing poker?

When I first got into gambling/poker a wise man said to me "What is the point of lending money? The absoluely best that can happen is that you break even on the deal".

So if you need a score for the taxi home, sure come to me. If you need 5k for the buyin to the EPT Monte Carlo until the cash flow problems in your business are sorted out, sorry, look elsewhere.
 As you may or may not know, i used up a lifetime of run good in last years UKPC. So after spending the whole of day2 with Mr Strike to my immediate left, a beer in the hotel after and breakfast with him, he seemed a very pleasant chap, well known next door and seemingly a decent player(to me anyway). So in June,when i was approached for a small loan,I thought his approach not to be out of the ordinary. However, the interest seemed to good to be true and i was worried his FB account had been hacked.So after approaching a few friends in poker to get his number, one of them asked if I'd been approached for a loan and warned me away after his Wife ran checks on Neil's company(she's an accountant)after he'd been approached. So i politely declined and thought nothing of it. It seems that he targeted a lot of recs next door like me (especially the ones with a decent win rate/big scores)r and relied on his rep  there to convince them to hand over smaller sums. I wasn't too far from being one. I can name 10 without thinking from my team next door who were approached and there's with out doubt more than that who where. It seems he just used any contact he had in poker to try to further his addiction and i think he realised it was worth the effort to send all these messages as eventually he'd get a loan from a few.

Haven't you heard the phrase "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is"?

Numerous occasions and luckily enough alarm bells were ringing for me to at least try to verify it. Like i said I was lucky that i spoke to someone who had already been approached otherwise it's likely i would've fallen victim. He was very convincing and only asked for a small amount, knowing that i'd probably hand it over.(cos i is a nice geezer and all that). I've certainly learnt a big lesson from this and my usual fort knoxesque security on my wallet has been significantly bolstered.(yes i'm usually tight when it comes to spending my hard earned)

Cymru am byth
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #47943 on: February 15, 2017, 10:48:43 PM »

Numerous occasions and luckily enough alarm bells were ringing for me to at least try to verify it. Like i said I was lucky that i spoke to someone who had already been approached otherwise it's likely i would've fallen victim. He was very convincing and only asked for a small amount, knowing that i'd probably hand it over.(cos i is a nice geezer and all that). I've certainly learnt a big lesson from this and my usual fort knoxesque security on my wallet has been significantly bolstered.(yes i'm usually tight when it comes to spending my hard earned)

I am sorry if I sound like I'm victim blaming. That's not what I'm attempting to do.

Just the figures involved are absolutely astounding.

On a slightly different tack, was there ever a criminal investigation into Aces Poker?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47944 on: February 15, 2017, 11:43:16 PM »

No idea who aces poker is or was. 

Why when these things happen, do people show such reluctance to go to the police?  Seems there is a heap of evidence and he has defrauded people of a huge some of money.  Must be an easy win for the police, but people act like there is zero possibility of them doing anything.  I know you get some wrong uns in the police, and I have met a couple, but most of them are going to do the right thing.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #47945 on: February 15, 2017, 11:48:08 PM »

No idea who aces poker is or was. 

Why when these things happen, do people show such reluctance to go to the police?  Seems there is a heap of evidence and he has defrauded people of a huge some of money.  Must be an easy win for the police, but people act like there is zero possibility of them doing anything.  I know you get some wrong uns in the police, and I have met a couple, but most of them are going to do the right thing.

On the Blatch case, the chances of anyone at Scotland Yard even understanding what happened was about 100/1.

This time around it seems like clear case of fraud.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47946 on: February 16, 2017, 12:31:27 AM »

Why would the police get involved? It isn't illegal to borrow mone .

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #47947 on: February 16, 2017, 12:44:19 AM »

He lied about his ability to pay back.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47948 on: February 16, 2017, 12:47:43 AM »

But it is illegal to "obtain money through deception".

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47949 on: February 16, 2017, 12:49:01 AM »

It is illegal to commit fraud.

Read the definition of fraudulent misrepresentation.

The man made a representation, that he knew to be false.  It was made to mislead the lender.  The lender relied on the story he was told and suffered damages as a result.

If this falls over somewhere, I fail to see where.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47950 on: February 16, 2017, 11:58:38 AM »

Morning Mr T.

The chelsea buns were a triumph. I took some of them into my local bookies and they were in awe. I like to do something for them as they make me tons of coffees whilst I am in there, and they have listened to my coffee requirements  (strong, 2/3rd's of a cup, no sugar, and a white cup) and I get excellent coffee now. I also have given them banana cake and scones before.

Whoa there, hold up hector.

Taking cakes & stuff to the local bookies shop, buttering them up, & being plied with coffee.

I've just sussed something - you are one of Sonour's husbands, right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47951 on: February 16, 2017, 05:55:09 PM »

Great website Keith.

https://debtcamel.co.uk/friend-owes-me/

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47952 on: February 22, 2017, 10:34:58 AM »

This photo brought a smile to my face this morning, & for all the right reasons.

I guess Team Hate Everything & Everyone will see this as more grist to their dull mill, but Boris breaks the politician's mould in so many ways. And above everything else he does not take himself too seriously.

I should add I have no idea, nor do I care a jot, what his abilities are as a Politician. 

Love Boris.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47953 on: February 22, 2017, 10:42:39 AM »

I took a peek at Boris's Wiki, too.

Full name?

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

Children's names?

Theodore Apollo Johnson

Milo Arthur Johnson

Lara Lettice Johnson

Cassia Peaches Johnson

His Dad seems to stamp his stock well - too. He's the very spit of his Dad.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47954 on: February 22, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »

There does not seem to be many photos of Boris's kids on google - probably by design - but the family can be found, & again, Dad stamps his stock remarkably well.

Here he is with his Dad, sister, 2 brothers &, I think, with the dark hair, his wife.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:47:19 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3193 3194 3195 3196 [3197] 3198 3199 3200 3201 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: