blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:09:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3221 3222 3223 3224 [3225] 3226 3227 3228 3229 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320391 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48360 on: May 18, 2017, 11:49:46 AM »

375 incl VAT.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48361 on: May 18, 2017, 12:03:05 PM »

Main dealers are such a rip off price wise
 my friend a loyal Mercedes customer was paying £275 ? A corner for tyres
My tyre guy does em for £150
He exploded in the dealer when he found out
They just shrug their shoulders and take a sharp intake of breath
Their favourite trick was telling him he needed new brake discs on a 350s Mercedes that had done 35/40 k miles
He took the car to an independent guy who said there was nothing wrong with either discs or pads
Cue more explosions
Finally he's stopped going into the main dealer and goes to mr independent
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #48362 on: May 18, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »

MOT being done today.

Garages have changed so much.

Drive in here (Sytner, Leicester) & a nice lady greets you, "Morning Mr Kendall", & directs me to the Customer Lounge.

Here there is free tea and coffee, toasted tecakes cooked by a pretty young lady person, a barbers shop, TV's, Wifi, power supply, armchairs, everything.

You can even gaze through the window & watch the man doing your car.

What could be more comfortably pleasing?

The only problem, of course, is worrying about the bill......

The car is in good nick, but needs a few bulbs, & possibly a new front number plate. The MOT cost is, I think, £59.

Anyone want to guess what the bill will be?

Always best to wait for the mot to get bulbs replaced..have you no regard for the laws of England & Wales ?

sola virtus nobilitat
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #48363 on: May 18, 2017, 01:32:24 PM »

If i was doing that job i would price it up roughly....
number plate..................£16
2 x side light bulbs .........£3
2 x headlight bulbs..........£12
ind bulb.........................£1.50
MOT .............................£50
Labour...........................£45
Total.............................£ 127.50
I would imagine their bill to be £ 220 plus vat
Don't forget some of these places have huge overheads so its not all fun n games........
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:36:37 PM by atdc21 » Logged

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #48364 on: May 18, 2017, 03:21:15 PM »

MOT being done today.

Drive in here (Sytner, Leicester) & a nice lady greets you, "Morning Mr Kendall", & directs me to the Customer Lounge.

Here there is free tea and coffee, toasted tecakes cooked by a pretty young lady person, a barbers shop, TV's, Wifi, power supply, armchairs, everything.

The car is in good nick, but needs a few bulbs, & possibly a new front number plate. The MOT cost is, I think, £59.

Always best to wait for the mot to get bulbs replaced..have you no regard for the laws of England & Wales ?

bulbs are tricky tho, not like the olden days when they just came in three sizes. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48365 on: May 18, 2017, 03:28:05 PM »

MOT being done today.

bulbs are tricky tho, not like the olden days when they just came in three sizes. 

And it was more obvious back then that they weren't working?

To be fair it was way trickier than it should have been replacing one on my old Mondeo.  Looked it up and went to Kwik Fit.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #48366 on: May 18, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »

why couldn't you go to a BMW dealership in SW London?

your loyalty to Sytner? don't think Jonathan G even works there any more does he?

Gill said the same thing this morning, "you seem to make things more awkward".  

I did try out a BMW Dealer in London once & they were dire, & I do mean dire.

Plus, I've been using this place for 12 years now, & have purchased 3 or 4 motors here, so, as Tom suggested, a sort of loyalty builds up. (One way, & expensive, the cynical might well suggest).

Regards is not here any more, no.

In a way, it is peace of mind, & the knowledge that they will do the job properly. I only tend to come here once  year, always this time of year, and my Service Costs are usually minimal.

It's all about trusting the devil you know I suppose. The coffee is nice, too. And I'm a soft touch.

PS - for some odd reason, I'm gagging for a ciggie at the moment. Worst day for the "smoking pangs" since I last smoked, which was 64 days ago.  

Seems a tad extreme, going all the way to Leicester just to sit in a lounge whilst your car is serviced.

Wouldn't see me doing shit like that.

Best Bitter.
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #48367 on: May 18, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »

why couldn't you go to a BMW dealership in SW London?

your loyalty to Sytner? don't think Jonathan G even works there any more does he?

Gill said the same thing this morning, "you seem to make things more awkward".  

I did try out a BMW Dealer in London once & they were dire, & I do mean dire.

Plus, I've been using this place for 12 years now, & have purchased 3 or 4 motors here, so, as Tom suggested, a sort of loyalty builds up. (One way, & expensive, the cynical might well suggest).

Regards is not here any more, no.

In a way, it is peace of mind, & the knowledge that they will do the job properly. I only tend to come here once  year, always this time of year, and my Service Costs are usually minimal.

It's all about trusting the devil you know I suppose. The coffee is nice, too. And I'm a soft touch.

PS - for some odd reason, I'm gagging for a ciggie at the moment. Worst day for the "smoking pangs" since I last smoked, which was 64 days ago.  

Seems a tad extreme, going all the way to Leicester just to sit in a lounge whilst your car is serviced.

Wouldn't see me doing shit like that.

Agreed, next thing you know he will be going to Copenhagen to sit in nice lounges Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48368 on: May 18, 2017, 06:18:22 PM »

Don't forget some of these places have huge overheads so its not all fun n games........

WINNER.

The actual bill was £225.08 plus VAT. 

Those who are mocking are forgetting 2 things - they gave the car a thorough valet (inside & out), plus I stole 7 packets of digestive biscuits from the sweet basket & had 4 cups of coffee, all of which were free.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48369 on: May 18, 2017, 06:19:11 PM »

MOT being done today.

They were all working yesterday, they must have blown on the way to the garage this morning.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48370 on: May 18, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »

I need to send out some "run better" wishes to Trevor Pearson, aka Typhoon, who is in hospital, and most unwell.

He is booked to do Vegas, got a full schedule mapped out and everything, but at present, the quacks are telling him he has no chance of going to Vegas this year.

Trevor is not a young man - might even be older than Ralph - so I wish him a full and speedy recovery.  

Here's Trevor in happier times, wearing a wooly he borrowed from bookiebasher.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:27:27 PM by tikay » Logged

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #48371 on: May 18, 2017, 06:26:50 PM »

WINNER.

The actual bill was £225.08 plus VAT. 

Those who are mocking are forgetting 2 things - they gave the car a thorough valet (inside & out), plus I stole 7 packets of digestive biscuits from the sweet basket & had 4 cups of coffee, all of which were free.

Let me guess... The winner gets a packet of digestive biscuits?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #48372 on: May 18, 2017, 06:39:03 PM »

I need to send out some "run better" wishes to Trevor Pearson, aka Typhoon, who is in hospital, and most unwell.

He is booked to do Vegas, got a full schedule mapped out and everything, but at present, the quacks are telling him he has no chance of going to Vegas this year.

Trevor is not a young man - might even be older than Ralph - so I wish him a full and speedy recovery.  

get well soon Typhoon
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48373 on: May 18, 2017, 07:06:40 PM »

Get well soon Trev.

The older I get, the better I was.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #48374 on: May 18, 2017, 07:48:12 PM »

Wishing you a speedy recovery sir

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Pages: 1 ... 3221 3222 3223 3224 [3225] 3226 3227 3228 3229 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: