blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:50:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3289 3290 3291 3292 [3293] 3294 3295 3296 3297 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331727 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49380 on: June 23, 2017, 09:50:03 PM »

Just a quick wrap up on yesterday.

As we all know, we tend to remember when we get outdrawn, but forget when we get lucky. And that's exactly what happens to all of us in a single MTT - we get both lucky & unlucky. I'm no exception, I got lucky a good few times yesterday.

But the exits of Doobs & I, exactly one hand part, were really quite brutal.

Doobs had a great stack, & if he won that final hand - which was on the pure bubble - he has a Top 3 stack.

His hand was A-J-3-2.

The flop was A-J-6.

That means he had top two for the high, & the nut low draw. (He needs any non-pairing low card for the low). If no low comes he scoops.

I really wanted David to win this event, or at least Final, even if it was at my expense, so I was rooting for him big time.

As the flop was spread, I could not help whispering to him (we were in adjacent seats) "nut nut". At this point, David was 87.44% to SCOOP, 88.55% to win the High, & 60.37% to win the Low. It's pretty tough to lose both pots from this spot, it really is.

Villain had A-6 for Top & middle - way behind - & a really bad, almost dead, low. Again, miles behind, & a SCOOPIO beckoned.

The turn was a 2 outer 6 to give the Villain the high.

The river was a deuce, to counterfeit David's low, & send him busto.

Even in O8, where ranges run very close, that's a pretty spectacular double beat.

I may have annotated the odd card incorrectly, but that was the gist of it.

Brutal stuff.

Yeah he had A876 I think.  Think he was 7% to Scoopio.

There was a crucial hand earlier where villian called with JTT2 from the BB, and then hit a set.  Call looked dreadful at the time (everybody less than 20 bigs on bubble), but it crucially meant he had me covered after.  He also tried to blow his stack with top 2 on a 3 heart board that hit a house on the river.  

Don't worry Tony, we won't talk about the 3 bet shove vs AA2x you did on the bubble either

Up until the last couple of hands I had run pretty golden.  Somebody shoved over the top of mw with bare ace of spades and a bad low vs me holding spade flush and nut low.  I even had cover so I think he was pretty much drawing dead to a double counterfeit of the low.

Also had a live misclick that worked out really well.  I called 2500 on the button with AJ75 double suited at 500/1000 vs my neighbour who was aggro and had a big stack too.  BB looked surprisingly agonised to fold the BB.  I then sat there thinking why isn't the dealer spreading the flop before realising I had bet 7000 (2×1000+5000 rather than 500).  The flop came KT7 (with 2 of my nut flush suit).  So I bet pretty close to pot.  My neighbour then went into agony saying he was only behind if I had aces and the nut flush draw.  He eventually folded and I nicely showed him my AcJc to put his mind at rest.  No way I was ahead here.

Sure we both ran pretty pure at times.  Need to run better in the 2 biggies today and tomorrow now.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #49381 on: June 23, 2017, 10:07:24 PM »

"Doobs and me" purrrrlease.

Run better both of you - and that's an order!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49382 on: June 23, 2017, 11:11:18 PM »

Off we go.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49383 on: June 23, 2017, 11:15:17 PM »

Mike Sexton takes his seat on my table.

Dealer says to him "ID please Sir"

Mike says "uh, sorry, I don't have any ID with me"

Dealer says "sorry Sir, I can't allow you to play unless you can show ID"

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49384 on: June 23, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »

Woman at my table - I use the word "woman" rather than "lady" deliberately - is having a verbal slanging match with Allen " Chainsaw" Kessler who is on the adjacent table.

It ends with the woman saying "I told you before, in your dreams you ****".

Someone at my table says to her "so are you two ex-friends then?"

She replies "no, he is my ex- husband".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:30:45 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49385 on: June 23, 2017, 11:53:18 PM »

Audible gasps and roars from a nearby table, followed by the sound of the dealer saying "seat open, table xx".

Soon, players are rushing from table to table with news of the coup.

On a board of A-K-Q-10-6 ( no flush) all the chips somehow get in the middle 2 way.

The table collectively enquire "chop chop?" which is all it can be really.

First player, inevitably, tables broadway.

Other player says "chop it up, I have the wheel" as he proudly tables 2-3-4-5.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49386 on: June 24, 2017, 12:06:40 AM »

Level 1 complete.

Tried to increase my aggression levels today, to build a proper stack, like a grown up would.

That went well.

6,700 from 7,500.

Back to plodding and bimbling.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49387 on: June 24, 2017, 12:38:58 AM »

Audible gasps and roars from a nearby table, followed by the sound of the dealer saying "seat open, table xx".

Soon, players are rushing from table to table with news of the coup.

On a board of A-K-Q-10-6 ( no flush) all the chips somehow get in the middle 2 way.

The table collectively enquire "chop chop?" which is all it can be really.

First player, inevitably, tables broadway.

Other player says "chop it up, I have the wheel" as he proudly tables 2-3-4-5.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49388 on: June 24, 2017, 12:39:42 AM »

Gone already.  Nut straight vs flush river then set of queens vs flush river.  Then A2 and TPTK counterfitted on the river with a 2 on a flushing board (folded when lead into).  Finally flopped nut straight and queen redraw vs nut straight and flush redraw.  Inevitable flush on the river.

Shared a table with Flushy, rather inevitably.  

In better news, I should be able get up in time for Ascot tomorrow, and the kids need presents.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49389 on: June 24, 2017, 12:44:16 AM »

Gone already.  Nut straight vs flush river then set of queens vs flush river.  Then A2 and TPTK counterfitted on the river with a 2 on a flushing board (folded when lead into).  Finally flopped nut straight and queen redraw vs nut straight and flush redraw.  Inevitable flush on the river.

Shared a table with Flushy, rather inevitably.  

In better news, I should be able get up in time for Ascot tomorrow, and the kids need presents.

Running bad. (Official)

Horrible game sometimes, David. Get the lot tomorrow at Venetian.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #49390 on: June 24, 2017, 12:51:22 AM »

Unlucky Doobs  Angry

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #49391 on: June 24, 2017, 12:57:54 AM »

Can confirm it was a bit grim, but at least you get to tell the story about the guy asking if you can drive to London from vegas and if we speak French in the UK. He wasn't trolling.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49392 on: June 24, 2017, 01:15:56 AM »

Can confirm it was a bit grim, but at least you get to tell the story about the guy asking if you can drive to London from vegas and if we speak French in the UK. He wasn't trolling.

Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49393 on: June 24, 2017, 01:19:34 AM »

2 horrible levels for me.

Tried everything, limping, raising, bluffing, nothing worked, whiffed every flop, think I won one pot.

Raised with good aces, got three callers, checked round and I bet on a safe looking J-10-6 rainbow flop and promptly got check raised.

5,100 from 7,500.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49394 on: June 24, 2017, 01:21:08 AM »

This belongs to the fella with the food franchise here, All American Dave.

Eat your heart out CH10MPY
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:24:00 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3289 3290 3291 3292 [3293] 3294 3295 3296 3297 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: