blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:47:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3377 3378 3379 3380 [3381] 3382 3383 3384 3385 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332510 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50700 on: October 28, 2017, 02:20:32 PM »

I think the problem is as follows Adz. You post something ( under the cloak of being your opinion to disguise the trolling element) that you acknowledge beforehand might provoke a reaction then when it produces exactly the reaction you anticipated you get miffed that people have got (to varying degrees) annoyed. You've done it before and no one wears it.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50701 on: October 28, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »

I think the problem is as follows Adz. You post something ( under the cloak of being your opinion to disguise the trolling element) that you acknowledge beforehand might provoke a reaction then when it produces exactly the reaction you anticipated you get miffed that people have got (to varying degrees) annoyed. You've done it before and no one wears it.

I have never been called a racist in my life. I work abroad dealing with people from all round the world, never an issue.

Then a bunch of blokes who have never met me suddenly know me well enough to call me a racist.

Wp all.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50702 on: October 28, 2017, 03:01:55 PM »

I'm going to make a bold statement that will have certain members up in arms, but I suggest he won't be English by birth.....

But you suggested you knew your post would rile people? I don't think racism is the issue, trolling is.

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50703 on: October 28, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »

I don't think expressing my opinion is trolling. Just because you don't like my opinion, and I know you are all too precious, it's not trolling.

Trolling is chasing someone down constantly giving them grief etc . It seems I am the one being trolled on many occasions.

If this person does turn out to be foreign and I am right, am I still a racist and a troll?

Some of you are quite pathetic, judgemental and symptomatic of why this country voted for brexit and it was such a shock. You push people underground with their opinion because they know they will get called all sorts.

This place is really struggling to get contributors these days, because it is like a boys club. I try to rise above it but you make it very difficult sometimes, especially when you get nothing but grief for your efforts.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50704 on: October 28, 2017, 03:15:25 PM »

I am not calling you a racist. It is a sensitive subject and perhaps some initial justification apart from the later suggestion that a disproportionate number of the alleged perpetrators of offences on crimewatch were non Caucasian might have produced less of a reaction

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50705 on: October 28, 2017, 03:53:54 PM »

I am not calling you a racist. It is a sensitive subject and perhaps some initial justification apart from the later suggestion that a disproportionate number of the alleged perpetrators of offences on crimewatch were non Caucasian might have produced less of a reaction

It doesn't matter if the guilty party was foreign or not, it's the damage done to the innocent by association that's so unforgivable.

For instance, a random Gypsy might have a 2/1 higher conviction rate than the average citizen, but that is probably because he has been suspected, stopped, checked, searched, blamed and investigated 10 times as often.

When you are actually innocent and law abiding, it's a terrible thing to be suspected solely because of your ethnicity.

The media is the worst offender here. If Mr White British commits a crime, the main story is the crime itself. If someone from a minority group commits a crime the story revolves around his ethnicity.

I was thrilled to see that several members were willing to voice their disapproval. 

We all have a responsibility to challenge this type of bigotry, it breeds hate and brings untold misery.

Obviously I won't waste any more of my time with Adzy, but I'm sure you can see my point.

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #50706 on: October 28, 2017, 05:28:16 PM »

I get to speak to Alan Bennett in person frequently.  Albeit on a train journey subject...but still I get to speak. He comes across adorably polite and funny even just requesting tickets.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50707 on: October 28, 2017, 05:52:03 PM »

I get to speak to Alan Bennett in person frequently.  Albeit on a train journey subject...but still I get to speak. He comes across adorably polite and funny even just requesting tickets.

Alan Bennett. He's some guy for just one chavvy.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50708 on: October 28, 2017, 06:00:12 PM »

It doesn't matter if the guilty party was foreign or not, it's the damage done to the innocent by association that's so unforgivable.

For instance, a random Gypsy might have a 2/1 higher conviction rate than the average citizen, but that is probably because he has been suspected, stopped, checked, searched, blamed and investigated 10 times as often.

When you are actually innocent and law abiding, it's a terrible thing to be suspected solely because of your ethnicity.

The media is the worst offender here. If Mr White British commits a crime, the main story is the crime itself. If someone from a minority group commits a crime the story revolves around his ethnicity.

I was thrilled to see that several members were willing to voice their disapproval. 

We all have a responsibility to challenge this type of bigotry, it breeds hate and brings untold misery.

Obviously I won't waste any more of my time with Adzy, but I'm sure you can see my point.

I used to have a fair amount of time for you Tom ,but when you've first sounded like my stompy nieces calling me names and then with the most childish 'have a nice life' finish,  I was very disappointed.

Now to taint me as a potential gypsy hater, by your very association with me in your story, really is the pits.

You actually seem delighted someone has given you a platform to talk about intolerance.

Not wasting your time with me? Wow. You seem very intolerant for someone preaching tolerance.....

Nothing more to say on the subject, and I will try very hard not to react to any other comments, so bitch away gents.

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #50709 on: October 29, 2017, 01:03:02 AM »

I used to have a fair amount of time for you Tom ,but when you've first sounded like my stompy nieces calling me names and then with the most childish 'have a nice life' finish,  I was very disappointed.

Now to taint me as a potential gypsy hater, by your very association with me in your story, really is the pits.

You actually seem delighted someone has given you a platform to talk about intolerance.

Not wasting your time with me? Wow. You seem very intolerant for someone preaching tolerance.....

Nothing more to say on the subject, and I will try very hard not to react to any other comments, so bitch away gents.

Tom asked you a few times to explain your comment to understand your logic but you haven't.
Saying you think they are non English without any basis for this appears ignorant/racist. Comments like this increase hate crime without any basis. Just because you haven't been called racist before doesn't mean your comments aren't racist.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #50710 on: October 29, 2017, 01:52:04 AM »

Adz you are a genius how do you still get them to bite after all these years!  I give up years ago.  Good work trying to get the post count up to avoid back to back sub 3000 post months.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:14:23 AM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50711 on: October 29, 2017, 10:49:56 AM »

Oklahoma City Thunder​'s plane believed to have hit a bird during flight to Chicago; no injures reported.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50712 on: October 29, 2017, 11:15:51 AM »

Oklahoma City Thunder​'s plane believed to have hit a bird during flight to Chicago; no injures reported.

Click to see full-size image.

I bet the bird was a bit sore.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #50713 on: October 29, 2017, 11:47:57 AM »

I have never been called a racist in my life. I work abroad dealing with people from all round the world, never an issue.

Then a bunch of blokes who have never met me suddenly know me well enough to call me a racist.

Wp all.

Meh, why are you even remotely surprised? 
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #50714 on: October 30, 2017, 06:21:40 PM »

I saw this and thought of you Tikay, they are looking to raise funds to save the pier and train

http://www.savehythepier.org.uk/hythe-pier-train.asp

Pages: 1 ... 3377 3378 3379 3380 [3381] 3382 3383 3384 3385 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: