blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3423 3424 3425 3426 [3427] 3428 3429 3430 3431 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296344 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #51390 on: March 10, 2018, 10:40:23 AM »

Some story that. B- on the greek, though: patronym is where you have a name that tells people what your dad is/was called (Thomson, Jones, O'Laughlin, Demetriou, Magnussen).

If someone has a surname that turns out to be quite fitting when they are all grown up, that's called an aptronym (as in it is apt).

Some people believe there's sometimes a subconscious thing that leads people to get into careers that are fitting for their surnames (Mr Cooper runs a brewery; Miss Barber manages at Tony & Guy; Dr Foster becomes the MP for Gloucester South). That school of thought is called nominative determinism.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51391 on: March 10, 2018, 10:43:22 AM »

Bugger.

Serves me right for skipping Greek lessons at my Secondary Modern or "Comprehensive" school. Comprehensive education as in not comprehensive.

I wonder what Comprehensive Schools are called these days?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51392 on: March 10, 2018, 11:02:41 AM »

Leafing through some old photographs this morning, I chanced upon a photo of MANTIS.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #51393 on: March 10, 2018, 11:26:02 AM »

Hi Tony hope you are well.
If I haven’t missed it put me down to similar Vegas stake as last year.
Spoilt for choice again this year and even more.
Tricky picking dates but looking at 2nd half of June possibly this year .

Cheers
Animal
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51394 on: March 13, 2018, 07:56:36 AM »

Cheers
Animal

The Animal itt, so it must be getting close to that time of year again.

Hi Rob, good to hear from you mate.

No, you've not missed this year's package, I still need to sit down with my Boss Next Door before I can finalise plans, but I'm "hopeful" it will be Business As Usual, & if so, you are BOOKED mate.

Thanks for posting the Binions schedule, too. As far as my hoped for playing schedule, that was the last piece in the jigsaw, & so I now have a full list of what I'd want to play, all being well.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51395 on: March 13, 2018, 08:04:39 AM »

Meanwhile, at 0125 this morning, I celebrated my one year bonus, as it was exactly 12 months ago that I suffered the first major health scare in my life.

I'd not seen a Doctor or had a single day off sick in the previous 50 years, so it was a bit of a rude awakening. Since then, rarely a week goes by without an appointment with the Hossie, my GP, or my Dietician. Dietician, me, rofl, but it has to be done. 

Next Door have been great, whatever time I needed they were 100% fine with.

2nd prize goes to the NHS though, they have been magnificent in every single way. They are much-maligned, & maybe I fell lucky, but I can't fault them. 1st prize, of course, has to go to Gill, who really showed her true colours.

OK, off for my daily 2 mile morning walk now. Who'd have thought?

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51396 on: March 13, 2018, 08:16:07 AM »

Meanwhile, at 0125 this morning, I celebrated my one year bonus, as it was exactly 12 months ago that I suffered the first major health scare in my life.

I'd not seen a Doctor or had a single day off sick in the previous 50 years, so it was a bit of a rude awakening. Since then, rarely a week goes by without an appointment with the Hossie, my GP, or my Dietician. Dietician, me, rofl, but it has to be done. 

Next Door have been great, whatever time I needed they were 100% fine with.

2nd prize goes to the NHS though, they have been magnificent in every single way. They are much-maligned, & maybe I fell lucky, but I can't fault them. 1st prize, of course, has to go to Gill, who really showed her true colours.

OK, off for my daily 2 mile morning walk now. Who'd have thought?

Good on ya, the Docs are happy with your progress one year on I hope?

My mate's wife found out she had cancer last year (it looks like they are going to beat it thankfully) and he could not have been happier with the NHS and what they did for her so quickly. Very happy for my tax to go their way.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #51397 on: March 13, 2018, 08:59:16 AM »

Happy anniversary!

NHS are incred, given what they have to work with, and deal with, daily. I've never had any problems in all my dealings, other than food portions being too small during the times I've been plotted up for a stint.

Congrats to your pal's wife, too. Great news, Barry.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #51398 on: March 13, 2018, 08:00:46 PM »

Congrats Tony I'm with you on the NHS, fabulous. Have you packed in the fags as part of your new regime?

I'm 60 this year and for the first time in my life I'm a tad over weight. Mostly in the tum area thanks to my love of real ales, Guinness and red wines. It's a bugger making changes isn't it. When I say changes, I haven't made any yet but I will have to soon.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #51399 on: March 13, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »

I wouldn't ROFL at the concept of a dietician mate. All that tinned tomatoes, pineapple rings and boiled cod? It was obvious professional dietary intervention was long overdue.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51400 on: March 14, 2018, 02:53:14 PM »

Cheers
Animal

The Animal itt, so it must be getting close to that time of year again.

Hi Rob, good to hear from you mate.

No, you've not missed this year's package, I still need to sit down with my Boss Next Door before I can finalise plans, but I'm "hopeful" it will be Business As Usual, & if so, you are BOOKED mate.

Thanks for posting the Binions schedule, too. As far as my hoped for playing schedule, that was the last piece in the jigsaw, & so I now have a full list of what I'd want to play, all being well.

Congrats on the anniversary, and I'd just like to throw my hat in the ring for a repeat staking too please   thumbs up

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51401 on: March 18, 2018, 02:41:10 PM »

This picture of Great Windmill St. in 1970 appeared on my Twitter timeline.

The entrance to the stairway leading to the gaff snooker hall with the boxing gym above mentioned a few pages ago was just out of shot behind the grey car.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #51402 on: March 19, 2018, 07:53:24 AM »

"Oh Calcutta"  saw that at Lincoln theatre royal many moons ago
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51403 on: March 19, 2018, 10:24:32 AM »

Hot salt beef sandwiches....Dad always made a detour to Soho whenever we were in London, delicious.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51404 on: March 20, 2018, 01:27:34 PM »

I'll get up to speed on replies later today, or tomorrow, sorry, been a bit all over the shop.

Pages: 1 ... 3423 3424 3425 3426 [3427] 3428 3429 3430 3431 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: