blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:07:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3486 3487 3488 3489 [3490] 3491 3492 3493 3494 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6319324 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #52335 on: June 12, 2018, 09:12:50 PM »

Think there's a $125 plo high at 6pm at orleans

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #52336 on: June 12, 2018, 09:14:54 PM »

what time we kicking off?

Ha, excellent work, rubs of the highest order.

Am currently taking solace in a choc ice, so everything in my world is fine. Ish.

Choc ice? Steve Davis would be spitting his water out.

Plain to see the problem is food coma orientated mate. Long barren periods of Rivita homage followed by intense rapid diet of burger, fries, double hagen daas, choc ice, and what appears to be a bucket of latte. You may pass this off as "a sort of adrenalin hangover" leaving you "mentally tired" but it's basically just the product of gluttony mate. You need to be hungry to rip new assholes, everybody knows that.  

Anyway in for 20% if we go again

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #52337 on: June 12, 2018, 09:17:28 PM »

I will have 10% if you decide to reenter

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #52338 on: June 12, 2018, 09:42:10 PM »

Unlucky Tikay. Time to recharge them batteries. Glad your better half is sorted with a job now, so hopefully you get to be more at ease come Saturday. You might even get discount tickets to go watch some matches at the home of football too.

Right, where is that proper player Mr Rutter's thread.

Life has no rebuy options
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52339 on: June 12, 2018, 10:41:56 PM »

I will have 10% if you decide to reenter

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #52340 on: June 12, 2018, 11:40:42 PM »

Time for a battery charge me thinks, and the timely arrival of your talislady won't go amiss either, good luck Teeks, happy to chip in also.

xXx
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:45:20 PM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52341 on: June 13, 2018, 12:10:31 AM »

While you have some unexpected free time I'll change the subject...

Still driving the BMW tikay?

I had bit of a mare today and it's going to be an expensive week for me.

Monday I dropped my 520D in to get the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) looked at as I had the increased emissions warning light going on and off over the last few weeks and DPF cleaning fluid didn't fix it.  They ran some tests and figured out what would need replacing / cleaning and I paid the £170 diagostics fee and booked it in for Thursday which will set me back another £550.  Took the car home Monday and driving into work Tuesday and I had a Battery Charge failure warning come up, not to be beaten by the small matter of a red warning light I carried on, called the garage to check if they think something wasn't connected properly after yesterday but they were pretty sure it wasn't related.  A mile later an overheating warning message flashed up, shortly followed by ABS failure, brake assist failure, and my dashboard lit up, as I pulled up I felt I had also lost the power steering too.  So pretty much everything broken then.  I looked under the bonnet and just picked up the twisted but unbroken auxillary drive belt.

2 hours and 2 recovery vehicles later the car was at the garage and the cause of the problem was quickly found.  The pully wheel had sheered off the water pump causing the belt to fall off and everything under the sun to stop working, including the electrics since the battery got drained extra fast.  Another £300 later I got to drive the car home.

I'd lose money at poker less quickly!
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #52342 on: June 13, 2018, 01:40:29 AM »

Sometimes a day off with the feet up and a few power naps are needed Kendall
That’s what I’ve been doing since we got here Friday
Plans to play the seniors at the Wynn yesterday went cba
After 2 more like normal nights sleep as in bed by 1130 n sleep more or less all the way to 7-730 am I’m feeling more like myself ,n ready to try some poker
Must be my age
A Jeff boski vlog mentioned 450 alternates at the Venetian $1100 buy in day 1c $3.5 mill gtd ?really ? Is it that busy up there ?
We move downtown Thursday for a week n Half
No doubt some poker will be played then
We are happily chilling by the pool ,bit of dinner few drinks
My GF. Has been playing slots till 3 am n 130 am quite happily
We love it here
Gl gl enjoy a day off Kendall
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52343 on: June 13, 2018, 01:55:23 AM »

The animal - "animalpoker" who is one of my intrepid stakers, has arrived.

His excuse for the shirt is reasonable - his luggage went astray on the flight, and is not expected to arrive until tomorrow.

First time I recall meeting Rob was at Binions a good few years back and he was wearing the same shirt, pretty sure it was also a World Cup or Euro year.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:04:38 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #52344 on: June 13, 2018, 02:47:51 AM »

I was expecting some big bearded hairy guy !with a name like that !
He looks quite chompyish !
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #52345 on: June 13, 2018, 02:53:36 AM »

Unlucky Tony it’s the nature of these stacks- onto the next!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52346 on: June 13, 2018, 06:42:20 PM »

Morning all.

Yesterday is history, (like our money), today we go again at Venetian, in the $600 PLO8, starting at 1pm Vegas, 9pm UK. I confidently expect to do better than yesterday.

30 minute levels, blinds begin at 50-100, 15,000 starting.

Incidentally, of the $600 entry, $520 goes into the Prize Pool, $55 is entry fee, & $25 goes to Staff, so that, in plain English, is 15% reg fee.

15% sounds exorbitant, but the Venetian events - & those elsewhere with even higher mark-ups (Downtown are mostly well over 20%)  - all seem to be getting decent numbers, so I guess folks are happy with it. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52347 on: June 13, 2018, 06:53:31 PM »

Before we move on, 2 things.

1) If you have sent me a PM, please be patient, bit of a backlog has built up, but I'll get to them & reply to all of them soonest.

2) Within minutes of yesterday's PLO debacle, 6 different people either sent me a PM, Text or e-mail offering to buy 20% to re-enter.

First up, I'm amazed & astonished at that, but most of all grateful, thank you very much. You must be mad, obv, given how we are doing so far this trip.

I declined for several reasons.

a) I like to mentally prepare for big events, arrive nice & early, calm down, not be rushed or anything, & in this case, going back in instantly would mean I would not feel as comfortable as I'd like. My mind was already all of a tither, busting a WSOP event inside Level 1 does mess with the head a bit. It was a very long & slow walk back up the Rio corridor, I can tell you.

b) With offers of 120% it was gonna get complicated cutting everyone back & leaving a bit for myself, especially at such short notice. Good way for me to make a few bob though.....

c) The main reason though is that the other members of the Staking Team, who may not have been Online, may well have felt short-changed, understandably. Most of my stakers are season ticket holders every year, & I'd not be comfortable with them feeling a bit put out. I could, of course, have just said I'm adding a re-entry to the stake, & maybe dropped something else, but it was all just so short notice, so swerving it was probably best.

Anyway, thank you very much, & I hope that all makes sense.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #52348 on: June 13, 2018, 06:59:44 PM »

^^^^

Have you not seen The Producers movie Tony?

Best of overdue luck this evening - I'm very confident of at least a two-cup-of-coffee squeeze tomorrow morning.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #52349 on: June 13, 2018, 07:03:10 PM »

Get smashing!

Pages: 1 ... 3486 3487 3488 3489 [3490] 3491 3492 3493 3494 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: