blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3544 3545 3546 3547 [3548] 3549 3550 3551 3552 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6327004 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53205 on: October 16, 2018, 01:34:00 PM »

Amazing,in a shocking way

Sadly three people died as a result of crashes due to that driver's misadventures

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #53206 on: October 16, 2018, 01:38:05 PM »

how do you firstly get on a motorway to go the wrong way?  You must be going round the roundabout on the slip road the wrong way to start with?

Secondly, how long do you have to be on a road with millions of cars coming the other way constantly riding out of your way to start thinking 'maybe i have fucked up here?'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53207 on: October 16, 2018, 01:41:34 PM »

Amazing,in a shocking way

Sadly three people died as a result of crashes due to that driver's misadventures

Oh my, I never knew that, sorry.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #53208 on: October 16, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »

Amazing how often it happens. I worked in a Total on the A1 while doing A Levels. Saw a good half dozen or so, mainly late at night, going the wrong way up the northbound.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53209 on: October 16, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »

Amazing how often it happens. I worked in a Total on the A1 while doing A Levels. Saw a good half dozen or so, mainly late at night, going the wrong way up the northbound.

It was quite an easy mistake on the "old" A1 due to the way the slip roads & on-off ramps were designed, thankfully it's much better now.

Hard to imagine you serving in a petrol station. Guess that's where you learned to do business.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #53210 on: October 16, 2018, 02:20:08 PM »

Think they crashed into someone head on.

4 dead according to that Daily Mail.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #53211 on: October 16, 2018, 02:56:17 PM »

It was quite an easy mistake on the "old" A1 due to the way the slip roads & on-off ramps were designed, thankfully it's much better now.

Hard to imagine you serving in a petrol station. Guess that's where you learned to do business.

Geoff Capes came in once while I was watching the Irish Derby. Think that was the highlight. Forgot to ask him about his budgies.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #53212 on: October 16, 2018, 03:19:58 PM »

how do you firstly get on a motorway to go the wrong way?  You must be going round the roundabout on the slip road the wrong way to start with?

Secondly, how long do you have to be on a road with millions of cars coming the other way constantly riding out of your way to start thinking 'maybe i have fucked up here?'

Google maps link

I'll put a fiver on them coming off the M40 at J8 for a cup of tea. As you exit the services, left takes you on an A road, straight over is M40 northbound so last exit on the roundabout must be M40 southbound. The exit isn't particularity angled the 'wrong' way and given the caravan driver was in his 80s, probably didn't spot the No Entry signs or paint either.

Tragic.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53213 on: October 16, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »

how do you firstly get on a motorway to go the wrong way?  You must be going round the roundabout on the slip road the wrong way to start with?

Google maps link

I'll put a fiver on them coming off the M40 at J8 for a cup of tea. As you exit the services, left takes you on an A road, straight over is M40 northbound so last exit on the roundabout must be M40 southbound. The exit isn't particularity angled the 'wrong' way and given the caravan driver was in his 80s, probably didn't spot the No Entry signs or paint either.

Tragic.

Yup, that would make sense.

I refuse to use those Services, it takes 5 minutes from M40 to Services, & 10 to 15 minutes to get back on the M40. It site only on the western side of the M40, rather than both sides as with most Service Stations, hence the confusing signage I guess, though the exit road layout is pretty terrible as well.

And yes, tragic. I wish I'd not mentioned it now, but I can hardly back & delete out at this stage.   

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #53214 on: October 16, 2018, 11:00:32 PM »

The cars coming the other way might have been a clue no? Regardless of road signs or what junction you came off.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53215 on: October 17, 2018, 01:50:08 PM »

The cars coming the other way might have been a clue no? Regardless of road signs or what junction you came off.

Well yes, but this morning's newspapers tell us that here we had an 80 year old, driving a car with foreign registration plates & towing a caravan. I mean, all the ingredients for a tragedy are there. 

I'm really not sure very old people should be allowed to drive cars, whether towing a caravan or not. The problem with elderly folks is that they think they still have all their faculties in full working order. And they clearly don't. There are, of course, exceptions.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53216 on: October 17, 2018, 02:03:38 PM »

How did the NDPT go?

Did you win?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53217 on: October 17, 2018, 02:06:00 PM »

On the subject of tragic deaths, a remarkable story emerged today about a 60 year old lady who died in horrible circumstances.  It's not in the least bit funny, but it is a real eye-opener as to the different ways we can meet our end. 

The woman owned, with her family, a timeshare home at a holiday resort in Wales.

On the day she arrived, she was in a broom cupboard annexe off the toilet, but when she tried to get out, the doorknob broke off in her hand, & she was trapped. No 'phone with her of course, so she tried to find a way out, but failed. A week later, her body was discovered, so her family are suing the Holiday Resort for negligence. We don't know the full story, but my first thought was how did the family allow it to go for a week before visiting the house, surely they'd be worried if their Mum had disappeared for 7 days? Anyway, that's beside the point.

It's the manner of death that so surprised.

She tried everything to get out, & eventually had the foresight to break off a piece of lead piping from the toilet plumbing system, & use that to batter a hole in the wall. And she succeeded, but there was a large picture affixed to the other side of the wall & she never realised she was that close to escape, all she had to do was push the picture hard & she'd be free.

Instead....after breaking off the length of plumbing, cold water at high pressure immediately started spraying everywhere inside the little broom cupboard, including all over her, & she eventually died of hypothermia. If it were not so tragic, it'd be a black comedy.

There are some really unusual - & horrible - ways to die, but that must be right up there with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45882998

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53218 on: October 17, 2018, 02:09:10 PM »

How did the NDPT go?

Did you win?

Give me a day to suss out what NDPT means please. I'#, guessing the PT stands for Poker Tour?

Urban Dictionary was no use;

NDPT National Democratic Party of Tibet (est. 1994)
NDPT National Deaf Poker Tour
NDPT National Danish Performance Team (gymnastics)
NDPT Next Day Printed Tees, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
NDPT New Deal for Public Transit (Canada)
NDPT Normal Deformable Plate Theory (engineering)

PS - Is there really such a thing as "National Deaf Poker Tour"?

PPS - Safe to say, whatever I was, nope, I never won. I'm so bad.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53219 on: October 17, 2018, 02:10:23 PM »

How did the NDPT go?

Did you win?

Give me a day to suss out what NDPT means please. I'#, guessing the PT stands for Poker Tour?

Urban Dictionary was no use;

NDPT National Democratic Party of Tibet (est. 1994)
NDPT National Deaf Poker Tour
NDPT National Danish Performance Team (gymnastics)
NDPT Next Day Printed Tees, Inc. (San Diego, )
NDPT New Deal for Public Transit (Canada)
NDPT Normal Deformable Plate Theory (engineering)

PS - Is there really such a thing as "National Deaf Poker Tour"?

PPS - Safe to say, whatever I was, nope, I never won. I'm so bad.

Next Door Poker Tour

(Sorry!)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 3544 3545 3546 3547 [3548] 3549 3550 3551 3552 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: