blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:24:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3547 3548 3549 3550 [3551] 3552 3553 3554 3555 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6322419 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53250 on: October 18, 2018, 12:08:22 PM »

And in the same vein, Kleenex have had to change the name of "Man Size Tissues", as that was deemed sexist, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53251 on: October 18, 2018, 12:13:01 PM »

So here's a little quiz for you.

This is what the Kleenex corporate blurb said about the name change;

Kleenex Mansize tissues have been on shelves for the past 60 years. Over that time, the brand has always been characterised by a much larger tissue size, which is both soft and strong.

"It was launched at a time when large cotton handkerchiefs were still very popular and Kleenex offered a unique disposable alternative. Despite that our consumer service is registering consistent increase of complaints on gender concern related to Mansize subbrand.

"Kimberly-Clark in no way suggests that being both soft and strong is an exclusively masculine trait, nor do we believe that the Mansize branding suggests or endorses gender inequality. Our Mansize tissues remain one of our most popular products, with 3.4 million people buying these tissues every year.

"Nevertheless, as we remain committed to developing the best possible products for our consumers and take any feedback extremely seriously, we decided to renovate our current product and update the product subbrand as Kleenex Extra Large."

Now, try imagine you are the poor PR, Social-Media & Media man for Kleenex.

What do you think he would have really liked to have said?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #53252 on: October 18, 2018, 12:17:16 PM »

They are just tissues?

Obviously not Kleenex but I am starting to wonder with some of the other products especially those designed in last few years if the naming is by design....

Whatever the rights and wrongs naming a sandwich MAN or WOMAN is at some point going to be picked up somewhere and probably go viral and cause a mini storm.

When is the last time Kleenex had such publicity?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53253 on: October 18, 2018, 12:19:49 PM »

Kleenex, tissues for men and extra large women.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53254 on: October 18, 2018, 12:26:38 PM »

Ha, quiz over, we have our winner.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53255 on: October 18, 2018, 12:34:27 PM »

Kleenex Extra Large. Just like the size of the arse that these women who complain have.

Too much? Delete?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53256 on: October 18, 2018, 12:36:12 PM »

Kleenex Extra Large. Just like the size of the arse that these women who complain have.

Too much? Delete?

Quoted so you can't get out of it.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #53257 on: October 18, 2018, 01:29:21 PM »

Kira Knightly has banned her daughter from watching sexist Disney cartoons such as Beauty And The Beast and Little Mermaids.

Meanwhile there are apps which facilitate meet-up-to-f**k dates - used enthusiastically by both genders (I'm reliably informed). Swipe one way or the other to indicate interest or not?

Just wtf is our modern world coming to?

Yeah, okay, you can call me old fashioned.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53258 on: October 18, 2018, 01:31:37 PM »

Kira Knightly has banned her daughter from watching sexist Disney cartoons such as Beauty And The Beast and Little Mermaids.

Meanwhile there are apps which facilitate meet-up-to-f**k dates - used enthusiastically by both genders (I'm reliably informed). Swipe one way or the other to indicate interest or not?

I do get the underlying issues, but it's all got a bit silly now imo. That's the power of social-media I guess.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53259 on: October 18, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »

Back to morbidity & unusual deaths, but this time with a twist.

You probably read about the English chap who lived in France & was cycling out in the mountains when he was accidentally shot dead by a game hunter.

Well now his Mother & sister are claiming he was a serial rapist, who raped his sister & a friend repeatedly, though the story never came out until his death.  Of course, none of us know the real truth, so we can't presume anything.

The mother than said.....

"I'm the woman who gave birth to him and has had to live with the knowledge that he repeatedly raped my daughter.

"This man was a monster. A bullet aimed at an animal.

"You aimed well. Karma called on you."

Whilst the sister was reported as saying....

"It was a shame he died so quickly I would have taken the lead out of him slowly and known he was lying there dying. He deserved to be tortured to death."

No fence-sitting there, then.

Ugly stuff, whatever way you look at it.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #53260 on: October 18, 2018, 01:58:15 PM »

I do get the underlying issues, but it's all got a bit silly now imo. That's the power of social-media I guess.

You have to allow for media distortion and interpretation as well; I would suspect that Keira Knightly hasn't so much "banned" them as just chosen not to show them.

My wife's parents had exactly the same attitude to Disney, they weren't bothered by her seeing Disney cartoons at friends houses though, and I expect others following that lead would be the same.

The sexism is only part of it though; so many Disney cartoons are about finding love and having relationships - but the market is for under 10 year olds. Other than liking the pretty colours and comedy sidekicks the problem with Disney is that they're just not stories for or about children.

Fantasia is a good exception, but nothing beats the childrens films made by Studio Ghibli.

My wife liked Studio Ghibli so much our wedding cake was based around them Cheesy

Click to see full-size image.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53261 on: October 18, 2018, 02:11:59 PM »

Name of said app? (licks pencil)

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53262 on: October 18, 2018, 02:22:58 PM »

Name of said app? (licks pencil)

Licks Pencil would be a great name for an app. Sounds like it might be for one type of gender though, although could be both I suppose.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #53263 on: October 18, 2018, 03:30:31 PM »

Reminds me of reading this not long ago.

"Do you remember when yorkie bars said 'not for girls' and no one gave a shit because people weren't flannels. I miss those days."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #53264 on: October 18, 2018, 05:22:40 PM »

It is a little odd how most if us sort of gradually increase in size as we age.

Meh, I would argue you are going the other way. I know my similarly aged grandparents are.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 3547 3548 3549 3550 [3551] 3552 3553 3554 3555 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: