blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:04:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3550 3551 3552 3553 [3554] 3555 3556 3557 3558 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6319925 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #53295 on: November 09, 2018, 06:48:45 AM »

Hi TK, At the request of my son I was dragged along to a talk by Dr Jordan Peterson last night. Very entertaining , very thoughtful and very measured in how he addressed the audience. For the last 30 minutes he did a Q&A session and the last question was what does he consider to be a good life and a good death. I couldnt possibly elaborate on his response but bloody hell it was so profound.

Wiki page if you haven't heard of him before https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson

I've just started reading his second book '12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos'. It has got me hooked. Although a lot of what is in there is common sense the way he presents it is very compelling. He's a bit of a divisive character but I would gladly pay to hear him talk again.

I went to his talk at the start of the year and met him. He is very divisive but the people who like him, like him for the self help stuff and not his politics. I can honestly say his work has helped my life in massive ways - helped me cope with the death of my Father, massively helped me fix a massive financial problem my mother was facing and quite an odd one but helped me get better at fixing things around my house (he doesnt give financial/handyman advice, but helps with struggling through difficult things).

I particularly like the look of Rule 4, Rule 5 looks awful though, dangerously bad, Daniel Mackler does a good job explaining why:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GtwP6AbbAUc

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:50:23 AM by kukushkin88 » Logged
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #53296 on: November 15, 2018, 02:25:48 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-6387877/Fascinating-pictures-shed-light-vintage-train-journeys-no-longer-exist.html

one for you TK
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53297 on: November 15, 2018, 07:06:12 PM »

Great series on Yesterday (on catch up on Sky)     Impossible Railways.  Quite interesting.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #53298 on: November 17, 2018, 01:50:28 PM »

Hope you are well Tony.

I guess you will be enjoying some of the snooker this week. If you can catch it tonight's match Trump v Sharav features my new favourite player in Eden Sharav. He's an Israeli Scotsman (good luck getting a drink out of him) and is built for comfort rather than speed. He looks like he should be doing stand up in New York for a living with the snazzy clothes and looks but has a really nice game.

One of those guys that takes ages to do everything but plays really good shots when he does. In his last two matches he's come from 3-1 down to beat Ali Carter 4-3 and then last night came from 4-1 down to beat Peter Ebdon 5-4 in a 9 frame match that lasted 5 hours.

Earlier in the week he beat Micahel White 4-2 in a match where he made 5 50 breaks in 6 frames. Going to be a proper clash of snooker styles with Trump likely to be playing it like its's a pool match as usual and Sharav just trotting around the table in his own time.

Should be an interesting match if you can catch it. Think you will like the guy

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53299 on: November 17, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »

Hope you are well Tony.

I guess you will be enjoying some of the snooker this week. If you can catch it tonight's match Trump v Sharav features my new favourite player in Eden Sharav. He's an Israeli Scotsman (good luck getting a drink out of him) and is built for comfort rather than speed. He looks like he should be doing stand up in New York for a living with the snazzy clothes and looks but has a really nice game.

One of those guys that takes ages to do everything but plays really good shots when he does. In his last two matches he's come from 3-1 down to beat Ali Carter 4-3 and then last night came from 4-1 down to beat Peter Ebdon 5-4 in a 9 frame match that lasted 5 hours.

Earlier in the week he beat Micahel White 4-2 in a match where he made 5 50 breaks in 6 frames. Going to be a proper clash of snooker styles with Trump likely to be playing it like its's a pool match as usual and Sharav just trotting around the table in his own time.

Didn't know Jonah Hill had started playing Snooker Smiley

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #53300 on: November 18, 2018, 12:56:33 PM »

lol, he is a dead ringer for him isn't he.

Good spot mate

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53301 on: November 18, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »

lol, he is a dead ringer for him isn't he.

Good spot mate

Couldn' believe it when I turned it on Cheesy

Ronnie turning into a more talented Selby, it would seem.

Trump knocks in 3 centuries, and goes into the midsession interval 4-4.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53302 on: November 19, 2018, 09:05:37 AM »

Hope you are well Tony.

Shame I missed his game. Played some poker in Glasgow with Eden a couple of years back.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #53303 on: November 20, 2018, 10:53:50 AM »

I got sidetracked on Youtube as you do and I came across this on the engineering and construction of the Titanic and thought I'd share.

https://youtu.be/fHmgF4ibmuk

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53304 on: November 20, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »

I got sidetracked on Youtube as you do and I came across this on the engineering and construction of the Titanic and thought I'd share.

https://youtu.be/fHmgF4ibmuk

That's a great link, thank you. More in this vein please.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53305 on: November 20, 2018, 04:26:13 PM »

Your boy Robbie is doing 6 shows at the Wynn this summer, Tikay.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53306 on: November 20, 2018, 04:50:09 PM »

Well that's some consolation for those of us that are not going.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53307 on: November 20, 2018, 04:59:30 PM »

Well that's some consolation for those of us that are not going.

Steady on, Grinch Wink

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #53308 on: November 22, 2018, 11:41:55 AM »

It's the GUKPT Grand Final PLO comp tonight Mr. T. Hope you can make it , with their new dress code rules -  I think it's no ripped jeans or sportswear and jacket and tie must be worn - you and I would probably start heads up .
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53309 on: November 29, 2018, 09:47:23 PM »

It's the GUKPT Grand Final PLO comp tonight Mr. T. Hope you can make it , with their new dress code rules -  I think it's no ripped jeans or sportswear and jacket and tie must be worn - you and I would probably start heads up .

Swerved it, because they wouldn't let him wear his Billy Idol outfit.

Pages: 1 ... 3550 3551 3552 3553 [3554] 3555 3556 3557 3558 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: