blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:09:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3628 3629 3630 3631 [3632] 3633 3634 3635 3636 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6319887 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54465 on: June 26, 2019, 10:23:27 PM »

Cards gone away from me, nothing of note last 2 levels but still got 22,000.

Blinds are 250-500 in the PL games, and 300-600 in Limit.

As a Limit novice, it's quite surprising how big and quickly the Limit pots can get.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54466 on: June 26, 2019, 10:41:57 PM »

Must say that I am having to deal with all sorts of feelings after yesterday.
I don’t think I made too many mistakes, just amazed at the amount of people playing any four and hitting boards.
A Scottish gent sat next to me played the way I would expect and reaped the benefits against the the table gambler, he had a very nice stack when I ended my stay at the table by standing on Mr Negreanu’s phone that he had left on the floor.
I am left wondering whether I am just fooling myself, throwing away good money by playing. I wanted to play tomorrow’s PLO8 mix, but, at $1500 is it stupid to play a game that has limit and big o , that I have never played and just a third of the game at pot limit ,that I didn’t exactly set the world on fire with yesterday.

If you can afford it and you promise yourself to enjoy it, you should do it.

If losing $1,500 (which is likely) either is beyond your budget or will make you miserable, there are much better alternatives. Do something else.

I played an 8 game comp a few years ago at a budget-friendly level, despite having only played a few hands of 2-7 triple draw online ever (figured it worked ok for Matt Perrins....). Was about the most fun tournament I've played in Vegas and I'm a moron for not having played one since. Pencilled in for next time.

Yeah this.  I had played maybe 1 or 2 Big O tournaments and no live limit ones before playing the mixed O8 at the Golden Nugget.   Had a blast picking it up and chopped it.   The mixed O8 at the WSOP was the second mixed O8 tournament I played and I have still never played a live limit O8 tournament.   There is more in common than there is different in the games and you'll pick them up.

Lose the attitude on the any 4 cards though.  5 way limped pots, people can play some adventurous holdings correctly and profitably.  Definitely don't mention it at the table, as it flags your play and might put off those who are doing it incorrectly.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54467 on: June 26, 2019, 11:22:55 PM »

Must say that I am having to deal with all sorts of feelings after yesterday.
I don’t think I made too many mistakes, just amazed at the amount of people playing any four and hitting boards.
A Scottish gent sat next to me played the way I would expect and reaped the benefits against the the table gambler, he had a very nice stack when I ended my stay at the table by standing on Mr Negreanu’s phone that he had left on the floor.
I am left wondering whether I am just fooling myself, throwing away good money by playing. I wanted to play tomorrow’s PLO8 mix, but, at $1500 is it stupid to play a game that has limit and big o , that I have never played and just a third of the game at pot limit ,that I didn’t exactly set the world on fire with yesterday.

If you can afford it and you promise yourself to enjoy it, you should do it.

If losing $1,500 (which is likely) either is beyond your budget or will make you miserable, there are much better alternatives. Do something else.

I played an 8 game comp a few years ago at a budget-friendly level, despite having only played a few hands of 2-7 triple draw online ever (figured it worked ok for Matt Perrins....). Was about the most fun tournament I've played in Vegas and I'm a moron for not having played one since. Pencilled in for next time.

Yeah this.  I had played maybe 1 or 2 Big O tournaments and no live limit ones before playing the mixed O8 at the Golden Nugget.   Had a blast picking it up and chopped it.   The mixed O8 at the WSOP was the second mixed O8 tournament I played and I have still never played a live limit O8 tournament.   There is more in common than there is different in the games and you'll pick them up.

Lose the attitude on the any 4 cards though.  5 way limped pots, people can play some adventurous holdings correctly and profitably.  Definitely don't mention it at the table, as it flags your play and might put off those who are doing it incorrectly.

Should add that barely anyone seems good at all 3 games.   Sometimes I have no idea how I am supposed to play a hand in limit, but all the extra thinking makes it more enjoyable.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54468 on: June 26, 2019, 11:29:43 PM »

2nd break, late reg ends when break ends. Just 75 runners according to the screens, of which about 50 remain on 7 tables.

Blinds now go 400-800 in the PL games (seems to be a repeated level, but they have twice got the levels wrong) and 500-1,000 in Limit.

Got 37,000 which is probably about average.

Table is well crazy, 2 guys, who are drinking shots galore, both with over 100,000 are 3 and 4 betting blind every single hand, so it's pretty much playing for stacks if you enter a pot.

Bring it on, fun times, could just as easily be here all night or be back in my room inside the hour.

Great craic, really enjoying it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54469 on: June 26, 2019, 11:38:55 PM »

Just dusted off 20,000 and never even got to showdown.

That changes things.

Tally ho, off we go for the spin.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54470 on: June 26, 2019, 11:42:05 PM »

2nd break, late reg ends when break ends. Just 75 runners according to the screens, of which about 50 remain on 7 tables.

Blinds now go 400-800 in the PL games (seems to be a repeated level, but they have twice got the levels wrong) and 500-1,000 in Limit.

Table is well crazy, 2 guys, who are drinking shots galore, both with over 100,000 are 3 and 4 betting blind every single hand, so it's pretty much playing for stacks if you enter a pot.

Bring it on, fun times, could just as easily be here all night or be back in my room inside the hour.

Talking of lunatics, Pete Linton has a gazillion chips already.   There are two others applying a lot of pressure too.  Our 4th seat 1 has just arrived. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54471 on: June 26, 2019, 11:48:47 PM »

Talking of lunatics, Pete Linton has a gazillion chips already.   There are two others applying a lot of pressure too.  Our 4th seat 1 has just arrived. 

Ha, Pete Linton with a stack is a joy to behold.

Good luck David.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54472 on: June 26, 2019, 11:50:03 PM »

Spin success rate 100%, in 2 hands have gone from 37,000 to 16,000 to 32,000.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54473 on: June 27, 2019, 12:10:18 AM »

B-U-S-T-O in a monster 3 way pot, my 32,000 was the smallest stack and the other two both started the hand with over 100,000.

It's PLO8, I have raised pre and I have

two spades

The flop was....

I potted it on the double draw and both raised behind me. Can't fold, won't fold.

Runs out Q-Q and chappie with A-4-4-7 scooped. Other fella had 2-5-6-X so some of my outs were in his hand.

Guess that means tomorrow is Last Chance Saloon for my beleaguered investors.

Fingers crossed Doobs and Marky finish the job, and both Stu and Flushy have a good day.

Night all.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54474 on: June 27, 2019, 12:11:00 AM »

Good luck David.

Maybe if you are just watching?  He is cut off to my big blind, and the button is just as bad, plus there is a maniac Swede who arrived with 200k.  I must be at twice average now on 150k, he has 250k+.   So big stack or bust coming shortly...

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54475 on: June 27, 2019, 12:11:53 AM »

B-U-S-T-O in a monster 3 way pot, my 32,000 was the smallest stack and the other two both started the hand with over 100,000.

two spades

The flop was....

I potted it on the double draw and both raised behind me. Can't fold, won't fold.

Runs out Q-Q and chappie with A-4-4-7 scooped. Other fella had 2-5-6-X so some of my outs were in his hand.

Fingers crossed Doobs and Marky finish the job, and both Stu and Flushy have a good day.

Night all.

No Tikay.  Keep getting it in good and it will come.   Tag team next year?   looks a ball.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54476 on: June 27, 2019, 12:14:51 AM »

Unlucky.

In Marky we trust.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54477 on: June 27, 2019, 12:14:55 AM »

Good luck David.

Maybe if you are just watching?  He is cut off to my big blind, and the button is just as bad, plus there is a maniac Swede who arrived with 200k.  I must be at twice average now on 150k, he has 250k+.   So big stack or bust coming shortly...

Well yes, not sure I'd want to share tables with him when he's firing on all cylinders.

150,000? Wowzer. You can do serious damage with a pile like that. Tremendous start to day 2.

Am coming back to Rio shortly but I think I'd best steer clear of coming down to see you, you know how it is.

GL GL GL.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54478 on: June 27, 2019, 12:18:59 AM »

two spades

The flop was....

Night all.

That might be the worst one yet. Horribly unlucky, tikay.

You're due an unapologetically filthy series of binks for this run. Because maths.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #54479 on: June 27, 2019, 12:20:53 AM »

very best of luck doobs

one of the people on here that has helped me  out. as a total stranger. more than once n the past

get the lot

Good luck David.

Pages: 1 ... 3628 3629 3630 3631 [3632] 3633 3634 3635 3636 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: