blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3663 3664 3665 3666 [3667] 3668 3669 3670 3671 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296475 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54990 on: February 05, 2020, 07:34:50 PM »

Fair to say this caused a right hoo-hah on Twitter, though of course they get angry over the most minor matters on Tweetville.

Hard to understand how anyone could give a different answer than 2 C.

Click to see full-size image.

4 C

Correct

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #54991 on: February 05, 2020, 08:19:44 PM »

Without googling, how long since these went out of circulation?

I guessed 5 years. not far out, as it happens.

I was very young when pound coins came in i can barely remember these notes in reality (i have a few in my safe for lol's just in case they are ever worth chunks) but i would say 1981 or 1983
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54992 on: February 05, 2020, 08:28:15 PM »

Sneak peek inside Argue's safe.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #54993 on: February 05, 2020, 08:38:20 PM »

Sneak peek inside Argue's safe.

I would sell massively even if they are pound notes that are worthless!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54994 on: February 05, 2020, 10:26:01 PM »

5  A

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54995 on: February 05, 2020, 11:23:00 PM »

Are you still walking?

Sometimes it is a struggle to get the kids to walk the 5 minutes to school...

Hi David,

I read a book about walking the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson, most enjoyable, but not something I'd ever want to do.

I've been a little under the weather for a few months, but have been better for a few weeks now & so I started my daily walks again. At first even on short 1 milers I was coming home gasping for breath, but I've built up to 3 walks a day, 1 x 1 mile & 2 x 2 mile, & I manage therm comfortably now. Well, not exactly comfortably, but I manage them.

Have managed to lose over a stone too, all of which helps.

As you know, as you post Next Door from time to time, I'm quite busy there. Well done on doing so well in the Sunday Major, including taking it down a few weeks ago.

Bill Bryson has gone down in my estimation. If a 7 year old girl can do it... 

In the back of my mind, I am hoping to do the West Highland Way sometime, but am good at coming up with excuses.  That Appalation Trail seems mad to me; you have to average a large numbers of miles a day if you are going to include some zeros and finish before winter.  The West Highland Way, which I manage to excuse my way out of, is only 96 miles, where as the Appalachian trail is near 2200.  I must a serious whimp on this.  FWIW NO spoilers, but that video is worth watching just for what happens after about half an hour (it was a real wtf moment).  Might have to get the Bryson book, I have read a few others, but never read that one.

I have watched a few appalachian trail vidoes which seem to have become more astonishing as I have progressed (taking 6 kids surely deserves a few apostrophes??). 

I continue to run well on Sky to balance how bad I run on Stars,  Overall it is about break even.  I figure if I give Stars up, I'd lose the balance and run terrible on Sky instead.  Over the last couple of days, I have looked through my Stars results to see if I should be jacking in all the turbo shite and to my surprise over the last 12 months I have only made a profit in hyper speed tournaments for O8, and most of the losses were in the slow paced stuff.  I'd like to be able to conclude that I should give up the slow paced stuff, but the Sky stuff is all slow paced hold em; and the recently profitable Party stuff is fairly slow paced O8.  Back to the drawing board then... 

3A on the tea and toast.  My youngest is F and aways one squares and one triangles. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54996 on: February 06, 2020, 09:08:19 AM »

WARNING - Graphic image follows which may give offence.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #54997 on: February 06, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »

Fair to say this caused a right hoo-hah on Twitter, though of course they get angry over the most minor matters on Tweetville.

Hard to understand how anyone could give a different answer than 2 C.

3 B
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54998 on: February 06, 2020, 09:49:28 AM »

Not your socks again?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54999 on: February 06, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »

Not your socks again?

Worse. Far worse. You are gonna be SO disgusted. Even worse than some of those disgusting replies to the Tea & Toast combo. Yup, I'm looking at you booder.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55000 on: February 06, 2020, 10:17:09 AM »

I'm saying 30 years cos I remember finding pound coins with my metal detector circa 1988.

I'd say about that - I used to buy drinks in dark night clubs in Liverpool with Scots £1 notes and quite often get change for a £5er back in the late 80's.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55001 on: February 06, 2020, 10:21:31 AM »

Are you still walking?

Sometimes it is a struggle to get the kids to walk the 5 minutes to school...

Hi David,

I read a book about walking the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson, most enjoyable, but not something I'd ever want to do.

I've been a little under the weather for a few months, but have been better for a few weeks now & so I started my daily walks again. At first even on short 1 milers I was coming home gasping for breath, but I've built up to 3 walks a day, 1 x 1 mile & 2 x 2 mile, & I manage therm comfortably now. Well, not exactly comfortably, but I manage them.

Have managed to lose over a stone too, all of which helps.

As you know, as you post Next Door from time to time, I'm quite busy there. Well done on doing so well in the Sunday Major, including taking it down a few weeks ago.

Bill Bryson has gone down in my estimation. If a 7 year old girl can do it... 

In the back of my mind, I am hoping to do the West Highland Way sometime, but am good at coming up with excuses.  That Appalation Trail seems mad to me; you have to average a large numbers of miles a day if you are going to include some zeros and finish before winter.  The West Highland Way, which I manage to excuse my way out of, is only 96 miles, where as the Appalachian trail is near 2200.  I must a serious whimp on this.  FWIW NO spoilers, but that video is worth watching just for what happens after about half an hour (it was a real wtf moment).  Might have to get the Bryson book, I have read a few others, but never read that one.

I have watched a few appalachian trail vidoes which seem to have become more astonishing as I have progressed (taking 6 kids surely deserves a few apostrophes??). 

I continue to run well on Sky to balance how bad I run on Stars,  Overall it is about break even.  I figure if I give Stars up, I'd lose the balance and run terrible on Sky instead.  Over the last couple of days, I have looked through my Stars results to see if I should be jacking in all the turbo shite and to my surprise over the last 12 months I have only made a profit in hyper speed tournaments for O8, and most of the losses were in the slow paced stuff.  I'd like to be able to conclude that I should give up the slow paced stuff, but the Sky stuff is all slow paced hold em; and the recently profitable Party stuff is fairly slow paced O8.  Back to the drawing board then... 

3A on the tea and toast.  My youngest is F and aways one squares and one triangles. 

It's over 30 years since I did it, but it'll still be a beautiful walk. Many (most?) seem to do it organised with some support from companies that offer such, either getting bags transported and being met to set up camp, or  with a bed each night. Camping has been banned along the banks of Loch Lomond now - which would have screwed our walk way back then.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55002 on: February 06, 2020, 10:22:28 AM »

I'm saying 30 years cos I remember finding pound coins with my metal detector circa 1988.

I'd say about that - I used to buy drinks in dark night clubs in Liverpool with Scots £1 notes and quite often get change for a £5er back in the late 80's.

The £1 note ceased to be legal tender on 11th March 1988, so 32 years ago. I honestly had it in my mind it was only 4 or 5 years ago.

Even more amazing, the 10 bob note disappeared in 1970 - 50 years ago. Unbelievable.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #55003 on: February 06, 2020, 10:27:44 AM »

Not your socks again?

Worse. Far worse. You are gonna be SO disgusted. Even worse than some of those disgusting replies to the Tea & Toast combo. Yup, I'm looking at you booder.

Aha! I was wondering if it was tea or coffee - only because the black tea looks black enough to be coffee.
So, on that basis, it’s 4 C for me
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55004 on: February 06, 2020, 06:30:40 PM »

Here we go - I did warn you.

What sick, perverted individual starts eating a sausage roll in the middle?

There are some weird sorts around.

Pages: 1 ... 3663 3664 3665 3666 [3667] 3668 3669 3670 3671 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: