blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3664 3665 3666 3667 [3668] 3669 3670 3671 3672 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6319295 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #55005 on: February 06, 2020, 07:16:29 PM »

WARNING - Graphic image follows which may give offence.

Here we go - I did warn you.

What sick, perverted individual starts eating a sausage roll in the middle?

There are some weird sorts around.

Click to see full-size image.

On that evidence someone with a perfect set of gnashers - which might rule a few likely suspects out..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55006 on: February 06, 2020, 07:50:26 PM »

WARNING - Graphic image follows which may give offence.

Here we go - I did warn you.

What sick, perverted individual starts eating a sausage roll in the middle?

There are some weird sorts around.

Could be Larry Adler.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55007 on: February 07, 2020, 01:44:38 PM »

I've never been a fan - or disliked - Philip Schofield, though I'm not keen on the work he does, simply because it's a little too vanilla for my taste.

Today, I like him a lot more, bravo him.

He says it was his own decision to come out, & I want to believe him, though the suspicion lurks that some scummy newspaper - 1/100 the Daily Mail - was about to "expose" him with big lurid headlines, "TV Presenter admits he is GAY".

The word "admits" is crucial & clever in these situations, as it implies guilt or wrongdoing. God, our mainstream print media stink.

And I dare not look on Twitter where not a single utterance escapes Team Angry.

I think & hope his rating has just gone up. God bless him.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55008 on: February 07, 2020, 01:49:13 PM »

Nigella Lawson turned 60 recently, & this photo was taken a few days earlier.

If I am as well-preserved as her when I'm 60 I'd be very happy indeed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55009 on: February 07, 2020, 01:55:58 PM »

Phil before he came out of the broom cupboard.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55010 on: February 07, 2020, 02:01:20 PM »

Phil before he came out of the broom cupboard.

Amazing how some folk actually look better with age. And no, technically I don't think I can quite claim that. When I'm a little older maybe.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55011 on: February 07, 2020, 02:42:16 PM »

I'm at that age where I continually pat my trouser or coat pockets to re-assure myself I have not forgotten or lost anything, car key, house keys, credit cards etc.

The same when I travel, have I got my suitcase, my laptop, my train tickets & so on.

I was at Euston Station this morning, awaiting my train to Manchester for the SPT weekend, & I was amongst that throng who stand on the concourse staring up at the Departure Board awaiting a platform for our train.

Most of them seemed to be waiting for the same train as me, & the second "Platform 7" lit up, off we all rushed to the platform ramp & barriers.

The ramp was barely 50 yards distant, so I was there well inside a minute. And as I descended the ramp I suddenly realised, mid pat, that I was missing something. I had my suitcase, but no matter how many times I patted, no laptop bag.

Everything - EVERYTHING - that matters is in there. Brand new Company issue laptop, my 'phone (I need both to get on my lappie due to security passwords that get texted to me etc), my spectacles, house keys, car keys, my medication for the next 4 days without which - well, best not think about that.

To say I panicked is an understatement.

Had I left it on the Tube Train from Vauxhall, or that crowded concourse? I was almost trembling with panic by now.

I was going as fast as I could, but I was going "against the tide" as everyone was rushing to get the train. My heart had never beaten so fast. And my miracle GTN "puffer" which I keep with me for emergencies was.... in the Lappie bag.

Ugh.

And there, in amongst all those people, I suddenly realised all was well. 3 burly policemen, one with a machine gun - I kid you not - another with a very mean looking Alsatian, were stood in a little circle. And there, in the middle of them, was my precious laptop bag.

My problems were not quite over yet, as I breathlessly tried to explain, "sorry, so sorry, it's mine" they put an unfriendly friendly arm on me to restrain me. "Hold on a minute Sir" etc.

I offered to tell them the contents to prove it was mine & motioned to pick it up & open it but they were not buying, "whoa, we said DON'T TOUCH IT SIR" sorta thing.

Eventually, I prevailed, but not before the expected lengthy & fully deserved patronising & condescending lecture about why I need to be more careful.

Jeez, how lucky was I?

With that luck, I can't fail to win SPT Manchester this weekend.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55012 on: February 07, 2020, 02:50:48 PM »

I'm awful like that, especially when staying in hotels before going on holiday, or when packing to leave on the way home Cheesy

Thankfully the only thing I've ever left was a suit. I left it in the wardrobe at the Palazzo, whilst packing in a drunken stupor.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55013 on: February 07, 2020, 02:51:24 PM »

I'm awful like that, especially when staying in hotels before going on holiday, or when packing to leave on the way home Cheesy

Thankfully the only thing I've ever left was a suit. I left it in the wardrobe at the Palazzo, whilst packing in a drunken stupor.

Huh? You have a suit?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55014 on: February 07, 2020, 02:52:51 PM »

This popped up on YouTube yesterday, and would guess the channel is right up your street.

Recreation of the helicopter flight last week.

Very sad, but thankfully nothing graphic, and very well done.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55015 on: February 07, 2020, 02:53:14 PM »

Huh? You have a suit?

Not anymore.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55016 on: February 07, 2020, 03:43:39 PM »

Even by my standards, this will have very limited interest to most, but here's two super galleries of photographs from Hull Docks back  in the 1950's.

And yes, I really did type that. Hull Docks. 1950's.

Each to their own, eh?

There is some crossover between the two galleries, but no matter, you'll either love them or yawn.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/business/gallery/history-of-hull-docks-pictures-2179319

https://www.inportstories.com/gallery

Oh what days they were.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 03:48:25 PM by tikay » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #55017 on: February 07, 2020, 07:04:57 PM »

I've never been a fan - or disliked - Philip Schofield, though I'm not keen on the work he does, simply because it's a little too vanilla for my taste.

He says it was his own decision to come out, & I want to believe him, though the suspicion lurks that some scummy newspaper - 1/100 the Daily Mail - was about to "expose" him with big lurid headlines, "TV Presenter admits he is GAY".

The word "admits" is crucial & clever in these situations, as it implies guilt or wrongdoing. God, our mainstream print media stink.

What did his beard of twenty-seven years say she felt about it?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55018 on: February 07, 2020, 07:10:32 PM »

What did his beard of twenty-seven years say she felt about it?

worst beard ever after 27 years...   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #55019 on: February 07, 2020, 08:19:13 PM »

Was pretty surprised to hear he had a wife tbf

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 3664 3665 3666 3667 [3668] 3669 3670 3671 3672 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: