blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:01:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3665 3666 3667 3668 [3669] 3670 3671 3672 3673 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320306 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55020 on: February 07, 2020, 08:40:22 PM »

Was pretty surprised to hear he had a wife tbf

Sure Mrs Merton would have a view...

To be fair, been married to a gay Philip Schofield is probably a better place to be than a lot of marriages.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55021 on: February 07, 2020, 08:43:07 PM »

I'm very often guilty of being naive & too trusting, so I took his statement at face value. 

It must have been an agonising situation for him & his family, made worse because he is very much in the public eye. 

I don't know the full SP, but I hope it all pans out as well as it can in the circumstances.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55022 on: February 07, 2020, 08:44:22 PM »

Was pretty surprised to hear he had a wife tbf

Sure Mrs Merton would have a view...

To be fair, been married to a gay Philip Schofield is probably a better place to be than a lot of marriages.

Yup.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #55023 on: February 08, 2020, 08:10:27 AM »

Personally I think the use of the word 'admit' is pretty spot on here.

He has lied to his wife for 27 years!

Makes no difference to me what he prefers but all this hero stuff is a bit much.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #55024 on: February 08, 2020, 09:04:58 AM »

Makes no difference to me what he prefers but all this hero stuff is a bit much.

Shows how far society still has to go.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55025 on: February 08, 2020, 12:06:16 PM »

Meanwhile, a short interlude from these perplexing issues....

Was walking along a street in Manchester earlier this morning & I could hear the sound of bloke's voices, laughing & joking exactly as if they were strolling along in front or behind me.  I could not see them though.

And then I looked up....

Not for me, thank you.

Click to see full-size image.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55026 on: February 08, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »

Tell us about this airport feature, Tikay. I only found out about it the other day.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55027 on: February 08, 2020, 12:22:36 PM »

Taken from right outside the first class lounge, I note...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55028 on: February 08, 2020, 12:52:17 PM »

Taken from right outside the first class lounge, I note...

Ha. Not my photo, I found it on google, but yes, it's taken from just outside the First Class Lounge, & yes, I was in there scoffing their biscuits & croissants yesterday, pretending to be posh. That was before the laptop bag disaster befell me, which in truth, distressed me more than I care to admit, & unsettled me for the whole day. Can barely believe I left it behind, even now.

So my pat pat tic is much worse now.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 12:56:52 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55029 on: February 08, 2020, 12:56:09 PM »

Tell us about this airport feature, Tikay. I only found out about it the other day.

I'm very familiar with it, that's the Domestic Terminal at McCarron, T1.

We flew to Seattle from there & unbeknown to us our return flight was to the International Terminal, T3. After 2 hours searching the car park we eventually sussed we were at a different terminal to the one we had departed from. Marv.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #55030 on: February 08, 2020, 10:14:35 PM »

Shows how far society still has to go.

If you betray your partner, you betray your partner and it's terrible and god knows, I know. There is no moral high ground to be gained by coming out as gay in your betrayal versus just being your common or garden adulterer.

Douglas Murray, a splendidly gay man, wrote a good piece the other day about today's identity politics seem to want to portray being trans as being 'a little bit better' than being 'cis' just like the LGB lobby have kind of made it so being gay or bi is somehow 'a little bit better' than being straight.

I'm with Hopkin, can't see anything brave, heroic in Schofield being gay or confirming he's gay, it's just what he is. The heroes in this story are his family not calling him a duplicitous bastard over many years
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 10:16:10 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55031 on: February 09, 2020, 09:40:14 AM »

There's a lot more to it than that I think. He might not of realised that he was gay 27 years ago. Or maybe he did sort of know but was in denial or ashamed or whatever.

Things have moved on a lot in 27 years when it comes to gay rights. Could he have presented kids TV 30 years ago as an openly gay man? There was a guy I used to work with who was married, had a kid but was making passes at various blokes in the building. It's a rubbish situation to be living a lie.

I agree, heroic is probably not the right word, but I think brave might be. It's all part of life's rich tapestry or summit, innit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55032 on: February 09, 2020, 09:54:08 AM »

There's a lot more to it than that I think. He might not of realised that he was gay 27 years ago. Or maybe he did sort of know but was in denial or ashamed or whatever.

Things have moved on a lot in 27 years when it comes to gay rights. Could he have presented kids TV 30 years ago as an openly gay man? There was a guy I used to work with who was married, had a kid but was making passes at various blokes in the building. It's a rubbish situation to be living a lie.

I agree, heroic is probably not the right word, but I think brave might be. It's all part of life's rich tapestry or summit, innit.

Exactly my thoughts, some are over-simplifying a complex do. I'm busy this weekend working up in Manchester, so a little short of time, but I was trying to find precisely the words & sentiment you have used.

For the record, I never wrote or thought he was a "hero". My view was bravo him, & that my opinion of him has increased not lessened.

At face value, from his statement, which is all we have, his family don't seem to feel aggrieved or hard done by. They've enjoyed a high standard of living off the back of his earnings, live in a gorgeous house, & it all seems very amicable.

We have no idea when, or at what age, he became, or realised, he became attracted to men. I honestly don't know how these things work, & I doubt many of you do either.

We have no evidence he has mucked about behind her back either. We can assume, but we can't convict on that basis.

It can't have been easy for any of those involved, can it?

I'm a little naive in these matters, so I may be completely wrong, but for now, I'm going to agree to differ with the negative sentiments towards the fella.

Twitter was comi-tragic. There's no middle ground there, it was all love or hate.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 09:55:56 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55033 on: February 09, 2020, 09:56:54 AM »

Far worse, & more depressing, Twitter have reinstated Katie Hopkins account.

She returned in full-on hate mode.

What a world we live in.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55034 on: February 09, 2020, 09:59:24 AM »

And on that note, have a lovely Sunday. I'm up in Manchester where the weather is pretty dreadful, but it's Day 2 of the SPT & I've got me a monster stack. Ish.

Some may suggest I was a little fortunate with my 

The money all went in on the flop, & I asked the Dealer - nicely - to give me a heart.

That was way too simple for him, he did it the exotic way.

Pages: 1 ... 3665 3666 3667 3668 [3669] 3670 3671 3672 3673 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: