blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:23:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3718 3719 3720 3721 [3722] 3723 3724 3725 3726 ... 3776 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6285461 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55815 on: August 23, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »

Diplomatic appointments you never saw coming, part 27;

Lord Botham - Beefy, Ian Botham, whatever - has been appointed as the UK Government's Trade Envoy to Australia.

Means zilch really, but I really like the bloke so it gets my approval.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #55816 on: August 23, 2021, 01:37:19 PM »

Botham Nov 2020:

"I will be at Westminster more often when we get back to normal, especially when they are debating something I know about – like sport or the countryside. Not much point if it’s a trade deal with Japan”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55817 on: August 23, 2021, 01:39:20 PM »

Botham Nov 2020:

"I will be at Westminster more often when we get back to normal, especially when they are debating something I know about – like sport or the countryside. Not much point if it’s a trade deal with Japan”

Excellent, & upon which note, stolen from Next Door....

Rod Marsh (to Botham):-How's your wife and my 2 kids"
Botham:-"Wife is fine. Kids are retarded"

Born to be a diplomat...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55818 on: August 23, 2021, 07:58:14 PM »

Devon girl, 14, finishes round-Britain sailing trek

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-58294842

Great achievement, but how can you claim to have sailed round Britain if you went through the Caledonian Canal (which goes from Inverness to Fort William)?

And from my recent trip to Scotland, how can you claim to have climbed Cairngorm if you start from the Ski Station (which is some way up?).   I have noticed this in the Lake District too.  You can climb this 800m hill from the car park 300m up.   Huh?

Who decides these things?...   and if I want to bag some lazy man Monros and Wainwrights, which have the start points nearest the summits?  

« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 08:02:58 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55819 on: August 23, 2021, 08:05:53 PM »

Great achievement, but how can you claim to have sailed round Britain if you went through the Caledonian Canal (which goes from Inverness to Fort William)?

And from my recent trip to Scotland, how can you claim to have climbed Cairngorm if you start from the Ski Station (which is some way up?).   I have noticed this in the Lake District too.  You can climb this 800m hill from the car park 300m up.   Huh?

Who decides these things?...   and if I want to bag some lazy man Monros and Wainwrights, which have the start points nearest the summits?  

Answer this partly myself.

https://www.stevenfallon.co.uk/10easy.html

Seems I can do a couple near the Glenshee ski station where you get to start more than half way up.  Seems Munro bagging is much easier than I expected.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #55820 on: August 23, 2021, 10:34:36 PM »

Had something similar to this , made sawing sleepers(as dad worked for the railway we had an endless supply ) a lot easier.

Ha, that's cheating, I had to do mine by hand, with an axe, & I've still got the scars of a mis-timed chop on my right hand.

Same here, we got them free, as many as we wanted, as Dad was on the railway.

The best ones were badly oil-stained, which made them burn better. During their "working life" they would have been sprayed with creosote many times & I can still vividly remember the smell of creosote when the sleepers were chopped up.  

I may make a fool of myself here, but railway sleepers are amazingly versatile & useful things, & I'll be amazed if Tom has not used them extensively, or at least traded them. Bet he got them from Wards too, though maybe he sold them to Wards. They were, back in the day, a very tradeable commodity.

On the A16 just before you get to Boston is a creosote treatment plant for telegraph poles and sleepers
The smell is amazing it invokes memories of having to creosote the fence at home
I even done a couple of bhs in there to monitor the pollution
But it was too polluted to carry on 😣

If mum wasn’t about I would draw the fire trick ,like you said shit got real several times 😎😎💥💥
It normally ended with me getting a slippering off mum
The good old days lol
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55821 on: August 24, 2021, 12:16:08 PM »

Definitely not sailed round Britain, but that bit up by Ironsides would have been a  bit risky.

Re Munros, taking the argument to an extreme should you be starting at sea level? If some are a bit easier fair enough imo.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #55822 on: September 07, 2021, 08:24:59 PM »

And away!

They are back, Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing.

Series 4 BBC 2 Friday Night (I think) Found the first 2 episodes on iplayer

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55823 on: September 07, 2021, 08:49:21 PM »

And away!

They are back, Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing.

Series 4 BBC 2 Friday Night (I think) Found the first 2 episodes on iplayer

Yup, 2 episodes of the new series so far, one in the Hebrides, & the other at Burghley House where they went fishing for bream.

PS - the Burghley House episode is repeated tonight at 10pm on BBC2.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55824 on: September 07, 2021, 09:13:50 PM »

Definitely not sailed round Britain, but that bit up by Ironsides would have been a  bit risky.

Re Munros, taking the argument to an extreme should you be starting at sea level? If some are a bit easier fair enough imo.

Sorry missed the reply on this, Rod.   I am pretty much in agreement on the sailing. 

I just thought it was odd on Cairngorm, as it would be easy enough to start lower down.  With the likes of Everest you really do have to start quite high up, as it is on a high plateau.  Am obviously starting Cairngorm from the ski station. if I get the chance in future.  Guess claiming a munro from the top of the funicular is a big no no if it ever starts working again. 

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55825 on: September 07, 2021, 10:32:51 PM »

Sorry missed the reply on this, Rod.   I am pretty much in agreement on the sailing. 

I just thought it was odd on Cairngorm, as it would be easy enough to start lower down.  With the likes of Everest you really do have to start quite high up, as it is on a high plateau.  Am obviously starting Cairngorm from the ski station. if I get the chance in future.  Guess claiming a munro from the top of the funicular is a big no no if it ever starts working again. 

I've never done a munro, done a couple of corbetts but my patch for walking is/was the Southern Uplands, beautiful but not as mountainous.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55826 on: September 07, 2021, 11:27:53 PM »

I've never done a munro, done a couple of corbetts but my patch for walking is/was the Southern Uplands, beautiful but not as mountainous.

The highest I have done was The Old Man of Conniston, which would be a corbett if it was a bit higher up.  I married someone who is terrified of heights so that has tended to kibosh high level walking for many years.  I live somewhere very low level, and even The Dales are 3 hours away, so to actually walk up something of any height and get back would probably take too long.  If we ever do go back up to The Highlands, I really need to excuse myself for the day and give a munro a go. 

Seems a bit of a waste now to have driven all the way there and not done it this time. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55827 on: September 17, 2021, 09:31:26 PM »

Looking better & better.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55828 on: September 18, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »

He reminds me so much of someone or something.

It'll come to me.

The older I get, the better I was.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #55829 on: September 21, 2021, 03:49:48 PM »

Looking better & better.

Is he going to reveal his diet success recipe?
Pages: 1 ... 3718 3719 3720 3721 [3722] 3723 3724 3725 3726 ... 3776 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: