blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3721 3722 3723 3724 [3725] 3726 3727 3728 3729 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296244 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55860 on: December 25, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »

Merry Christmas to all

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #55861 on: December 25, 2021, 04:34:05 PM »

merry xmas tony

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55862 on: December 25, 2021, 07:09:10 PM »

Sky approached you to take over from Jeff on Soccer Saturday next season yet?

I keep waiting for the 'phone to ring....

I actually find it all a bit intriguing. His "I'm leaving Sky" statement struck me as crafted with great care, & it left me wondering where he will pop up next. I'm almost certain he's not retiring.

He has/had a great gig with Sky Bet too, so I'm guessing that might be ending too.

How's the family? You still in Malta? RIO going OK? Very very strange times in the world of Online Poker right now, one way & another.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear from Jim McShane (77 dave) last week, & I think we are going to hook up next week in Manchester. He's a big noise in Grosvenor Poker now apparently. Well done him.

I keep in pretty close touch with Chompy, he sends me a few losing tips most weeks. It's what friends are for, right?

Keep in touch mate.

Hey all good thanks. Still here. RIO is quiet but is still being 'built' Hopefully it works out a success, a lot of hard work and money has gone into it.

Thankfully Chompy doesn't keep in regular touch anymore Wink You and Tom (He wants to buy me dinner) should maybe try and come over? There's lot of interesting stuff about WW2 here but no trains sadly. We have 5 handed poker tournies as well. They're quite good fun. If not then I do plan to do a weekend at DTD when it opens up fully again, so maybe catch up there.

How is Christmas with the fam going Vin?

Sadly, Chompy still keeps in touch with me, sends me "tips". Brentford to win the Caraboa Cup, Torres top scorer. Pfft. But to be fair, plenty of good stuff. He's a treasure really.

A DTD Tourney, maybe Tom too? Sounds good to me, but I'm still a bit of a scaredy-cat with this bloody COVID thing. I'm all jabbed up though & in good health. Anyway, I'm ready for some DTD poker so let's do it as soon as it's safe.

Take care mate. Sorry for slow reply, had a bit of an adventure these last 6 months...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55863 on: December 25, 2021, 07:13:38 PM »

Hackney Marshes, London, 1951. 88 football pitches all in the same place.
The Home of Sunday League football.

What memories Boo.

There was a similar but smaller version at Wormwood Scrubs, right next to the prison, in fact that is where the Prison got it's name.

Hope you & the family are in good health & heart. We gotta go play some poker soon, right?

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55864 on: December 25, 2021, 07:15:19 PM »

Interesting article on Peter Done, co-founder of BetFred.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59299051

Hi Grant.

Enjoyed that, never even knew he had a bro.

You still pokering? How's your health these days, all OK now?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55865 on: December 25, 2021, 07:20:03 PM »

Anybody want to quote odds on the date of the next Lockdown?

Merry Christmas everyone

Same to you & Sue, Dave.

Hope you enjoyed SPT Manchester. Was great to see you both looking so well, but I never saw you to say goodbye after. I was really nervous (COVID), it was just about the first time I'd been at a "social" gathering in 18 months. Seem to have gotten away with it though.

I had a blast, played poker non-stop for two whole days. Was doing great as well until   - well you don't want to know.

Fancy Ali Mallu winning it? He's not changed a bit in the 20 years I've known him. Lovable old rogue if ever I saw one.

Caroline Cove was there too, you'd not know her but most of the blondes do, or did. She's not changed a bit either.

Hope the family are well. When is the Vegas trip planned for now?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 07:21:46 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55866 on: December 25, 2021, 07:22:50 PM »

You may have missed it Tony , but Claire was on Mastermind this week.

Ha. Yeah, I did miss it. God bless Claire. I still hear from her from time to time. What a character.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55867 on: December 25, 2021, 07:31:38 PM »

Natterly was on Radio 5 Live’s Monday Night football show. Clearly not her first appearance, since it was obvious that all the presenters and guests were giving her plenty of respect for her knowledge and views on Burnley FC. Well played, Natterly....

She's very accomplished at that sort of thing. Writes a football column for the local newspaper - Lancashire Telegraph or somesuch - & does the Official Burnley FC Podcast, "No, Nay Never".

Here she is, giving it large. Dodgy accent, mind.

She's just back from Vegas, where she cashed in the Little One Drop. Still keeps in touch of course.

You OK mate?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55868 on: December 25, 2021, 07:34:31 PM »

Big thanks for the Xmas wishes from Tom, Ralph, Simon, Simon, & Boo.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55869 on: December 25, 2021, 07:48:31 PM »

Excuses, excuses...

I decided - way too late really - to move back to my original house in Derbyshire. It's been "closed up" & was a bit of a mess to be honest, I could not face the place after the Great Flood of 2010 or 2011. Anyway, I bit the bullet.

Took me 3 or 4 months or tramping up the M1 twice a week with a car full of bankers boxes, which were in turn filled with rammel. Where does all the rammel come from? Made over 30 trips to the local skip too. The round trip is 280 miles, & I was leaving London at 5am each time, twice a week, plus doing my work Next Door too. Bit ambitious given my age, all that lifting & driving, but I did it & I'm chuffed to bits.

In the midst of all this, Gill caught the COVID. As it happens, I could not help really, but she was very brave & came through it unscathed. She's amazing, & is doing very well indeed at 365. She's a Staff Trainer now, not bad considering when she went there she knew exactly nothing about sport or betting. Now, when she's here & I'm watching cricket, she explains to me what an "over" is... 6 balls, then the bloke at the other end has his turn.

Anyway, I moved back in last month, & there's a ton of work to do, but I'm so happy, & will see out my days here.

Almost the hardest part is the Admin - cancelling/setting up Broadband, Sky TV, BT, Council Tax, TV Licence, changing Pharmacy & Doctor, all that stuff. The mere thought of ringing BT & Sky filled me with dread & loathing, but I somehow managed. You ever tried ringing them? Yikes.

My "old" TV was fine, but it was one of those with a tube, & the new Sky Q would not work on it, something to do with HDMI or Scat or something. So I got me a new posh TV. Wow, back in the day they were "plug in & go", but now it's all complicated as it has to be connected to the internet. What a palaver.   

Spent the last few weeks learning how to drive it, & then, today, Xmas Day, I did a daft thing...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55870 on: December 25, 2021, 07:56:11 PM »

In a moment of weakness this morning, I signed up to Amazon Prime Video. £7 a month, but I'm on a 30 day free trial. Sort of Christmas pressie to myself.

I've never seen such value, they've got more "on demand" programmes than enough. If I were 20 years old I'd not live long enough to watch them all, so at my age I've got no chance.

Quite awkward to navigate around it at first but I'm getting there. Have already added to my "Watch List" stuff like Clapton & Beck gigs, & a bunch of Real Crime stuff, including Freddie Foreman & Pretty Boy Shaw. I'm like a kid in a toy shop.

Watched the first two episodes of Clarkson's Farm today. Fascinating. Not sure how much I like him, but he makes great TV. As it happens, I've got his book about it too, read the whole thing in a single sitting.  

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 09:19:33 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55871 on: December 25, 2021, 08:02:03 PM »

Oh, & some things never change.

Started a diet on July 1st, weighed in at a whopping 14st 9.5lbs. That's the very top of my range.

Now, December 25th, I'm at my lowest weight in at least 10 or 15 years.

Proper chuffed with that. Feel SO much better too. At nearly 15 stone, not sure I could have coped with the physical & mental side of moving house. At sub 12, I feel bloody great.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55872 on: December 25, 2021, 08:20:18 PM »

congrats Tony and Merry Christmas all.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55873 on: December 25, 2021, 08:24:37 PM »

congrats Tony and Merry Christmas all.

And you David.

Home with the family? The girls had a lovely day?

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #55874 on: December 25, 2021, 08:25:03 PM »

Merry Christmas Tony, jeez what a 6 months you have had.

Well done on the weight, it's never easy!

much love from both of us xXx

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Pages: 1 ... 3721 3722 3723 3724 [3725] 3726 3727 3728 3729 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: