blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3726 3727 3728 3729 [3730] 3731 3732 3733 3734 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295822 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55935 on: April 26, 2022, 06:57:12 PM »

Getting within striking distance of the WSOP, tikay. How are the plans for considering decision-making about compiling a mood board for the purposes of entertaining a trip to LV going?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55936 on: April 27, 2022, 09:19:57 AM »

Getting within striking distance of the WSOP, tikay. How are the plans for considering decision-making about compiling a mood board for the purposes of entertaining a trip to LV going?

Ha, morning Simon.

Will try & do a little update later today, once I've cleared my desk, so to speak.

I must say, I really enjoyed your NFL Draft article on Betting Emporium, mainly because it explained exactly how the Draft works, & why. Very good. I think Messrs Channing & Beevers should send you across to Vegas so you can cover the actual draft.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #55937 on: April 27, 2022, 06:25:54 PM »

1% please. Hopefully you will also take Jeeves over with you this year to help you get back accustomed to the Vegas scene.

Life has no rebuy options
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55938 on: May 10, 2022, 09:01:17 AM »

We sometimes fail to appreciate what is on our doorsteps , stunning photo.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55939 on: May 10, 2022, 12:10:30 PM »

A pigeon craps on my doorstep every morning but I take your point.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55940 on: May 14, 2022, 09:06:38 AM »

Morning Simon. "Tidying my desk" seems to have taken about three weeks. Sorry. Time-management was never my strong point, plus there seems to be far less hours in the day recently.

Vegas this year. Oh yes, definitely. It was agreed some time ago, but I've had to change plans & dates a few times since then for reasons I won't bore you with. The Sky Poker package winners will be there 3rd to 10th July, and I'll be going out a little earlier, 30th June, so 3 or 4 days to do what I want, then 3 days with work engagements spread over the next 7 days. The work stuff is every other day so it precludes me playing any WSOP's really, (they are multi-day) but I daresay I'll find some nickel & dime stuff Downtown, or over at Orleans.

What dates will you be there?

Hope all is well with you & yours, & life is getting back to normal post-COVID.

PS - loved your NBA Draft write-ups over on B-E. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55941 on: May 14, 2022, 09:10:27 AM »

We sometimes fail to appreciate what is on our doorsteps , stunning photo.

Gorgeous.

As you may or may not know, I moved back to Derbyshire late last year, & with the weather now turning more pleasant, we've been out & about the local back roads at places like Breadsall, Morley, Horsley & it was a (very pleasant) shock to be reminded how utterly beautiful parts of the UK, & especially Derbyshire, are. Why do we wait until so late in life to recognize these things? Maybe it's just me.

As photos convey things so much better than my inadequate words can, a few pictures will follow.

Hope all is OK at home David.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55942 on: May 14, 2022, 09:19:26 AM »

Start with this one - can't remember a simple photograph which said so much.

It says so many things, most of all, here's a Lady who really has got life well sorted. Successful at whatever she does, universally popular, even on Twitter where everyone seems to attract haters & toxicity. Hard to think of a more popular celeb, though I'm sure she'd be very cross if she heard anyone refer to her as a celeb.  

And here she was, playing a €5,000 poker tourney in that playground of the rich, Monte Carlo in gorgeous weather with a stunning backdrop.

And best of all, Vicky being Vicky, wearing a beautiful printed silk or cotton frock set off by plimmys. Plimmys! Not too many can pull that look off without looking silly, but she can.

I know I'm easily pleased but reading her Tweets, watching everything she does on TV, and looking at her (all-too rare) photos always makes me happy.  

What a photo.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 09:51:50 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55943 on: May 14, 2022, 09:22:28 AM »

And for my next exhibit, how about this for an incredible portrait?

God bless him, I admire him so much, & miss him too now we rarely see him here.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55944 on: May 14, 2022, 09:27:42 AM »

Charlie, Barry Carter's dog, who has featured in this Diary many times, passed away yesterday.

RIP Charlie.

Poor Barry is devastated.

Almost the best part of this photo is the blurred tail, telling us it was wagging. There's something about a dog wagging it's tail makes me ridiculously happy.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55945 on: May 14, 2022, 09:38:15 AM »

Anyone been following the WAGatha Christie Trial, featuring Rebekah Vardy & Coleen Rooney? I'm almost ashamed to say I've followed every minute of it & thoroughly enjoyed the whole mucky affair.

Yes yes, it's just gossip & tittle-tattle stuff, & it should never have got to court, but day after day of reading about COVID, Ukraine, Brexit, the NI Protocol, cost of living, home heating costs & our sensationally corrupt Government means a little light relief is worth it's weight in gold.

And you know the best thing about it? The courtroom sketches.

None of the sketches are exactly flattering. Maybe instead of making fools of each other with this libel case, instead they should sue the artist for misrepresentation.   

Rebekah:

Coleen;

Coleen & Wayne;

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55946 on: May 14, 2022, 09:42:07 AM »

And here's the two ladies in real life. Uncanny likeness in the sketches, huh?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55947 on: May 14, 2022, 11:32:49 AM »

R.I.P Charlie.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55948 on: May 14, 2022, 04:32:14 PM »

RIP crypto bros.

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/1525083159725056002?t=kp-_Z7TzJMP3k5TztCz-Fg&s=19

The replies.  Like to believe that is Michael O'Leary responding.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55949 on: May 14, 2022, 06:05:20 PM »

RIP crypto bros.

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/1525083159725056002?t=kp-_Z7TzJMP3k5TztCz-Fg&s=19

The replies.  Like to believe that is Michael O'Leary responding.

Saw that yesterday. Too funny Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 3726 3727 3728 3729 [3730] 3731 3732 3733 3734 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: