blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:47:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3729 3730 3731 3732 [3733] 3734 3735 3736 3737 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6325418 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55980 on: June 18, 2022, 02:25:05 PM »

Agree with Karabiner and Celtic , have one rebuy.

Will take 5% of each bullet also

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55981 on: June 18, 2022, 02:25:34 PM »

PS, never staked you before, so don't miss this rare opportunity of burning my money!

This

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #55982 on: June 18, 2022, 03:10:02 PM »

1% please can you pm bank as my banking app has forgotten you Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55983 on: June 18, 2022, 04:58:37 PM »

Ooh.  will take 5% if any left.  loved that tournament, but will have left the week before.   Can just swap 5% of my first bullet in next week's PLO8 if you'd prefer?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55984 on: June 18, 2022, 07:50:30 PM »

1% please. I think I still have your details since I last burned money staked you.

Cymru am byth
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #55985 on: June 18, 2022, 08:03:56 PM »

shipped £12.30 very best of luck out there!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #55986 on: June 18, 2022, 11:29:37 PM »

10% please if still available.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #55987 on: June 19, 2022, 07:50:23 AM »

Morning Tony,

Listen to them that know, and have the 2nd shot ready & waiting.

We've just sent you 10% for the 2nd bullet - we've been saving up for 3 years.

Railing you will be the highlight of our trip,

see you in just over 2 weeks.

Dave & Sue
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #55988 on: June 19, 2022, 11:31:35 PM »

Agree that the one rebuy is better and we will have 1% of both please

will ship tomorrow

tyty

xXx

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55989 on: June 20, 2022, 12:01:24 AM »

He said he wasn't taking a second bullet, so don't know why people are sending them.   

Even if he is only in for $750, it isn't small change.  Hence if someone says they only want to do one bullet, people should just respect it.  Some people are comfortable blowing multiple bullets on other's money, I am not sure Tikay is. 

Anyway, if he is happy with it, can do 2 bullets, but not until he says he is OK with it. 

I think Ralph was asking me what the mathematical decision is.
 I don't think you can really say.  If you are a bit crap and can play short, max late regging one bullet is the play.  If you have an insane edge, buy in earlier and rebuy as much as you can.  Definitely don't think there is a huge advantage in rebuying, it always depends on the type of player you are and the mood you are in.   Think Tikay has an edge, but is happier and plays better when deep.  Happy to defer. to his view though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55990 on: June 20, 2022, 08:21:47 AM »

Well said, Doobs.

These (formerly annual) staking threads are always lovely to read. Great to see how many lives tikay has touched and how many people want to see him do well.

So it's obvious everyone means really well here in what they've said.

Tikay's a big, strong boy and if he wants to carry a re-entry with him, he'll let everyone know. If he gets knocked out early (doubtless from some utterly hideous outdraw from the villain) and he wants to have another go, he'll post on the chat and I'm sure some people will chip in if they want to.

I'm not in the stake, but I neither want to see tikay feel bad or to feel compelled to do something he doesn't want to do. I also don't want so many people who wish him well to feel put out by this message, which is as well-intentioned as yours have been.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55991 on: June 20, 2022, 12:38:53 PM »

Aye, It's not compulsory but I think it's a good idea to have it as a back up. For me the thinking behind it is previous staking threads have been for 10K + if i remember correctly, so this is for a relatively small amount in comparison. Imagine he flops the nuts 1st hand, gets it in and loses. I'd rather he had another go than just a horrible bad beat story to share with us.

Up to him tho innit. Think we all need to calm down a bit.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #55992 on: June 20, 2022, 05:56:49 PM »

I was going to Vegas this year, then one card ruined that dream for me.

Please can I have 2% if any left. I will be okay paying double if you wanted some extra in case of a needed 2nd bullet.

I will await confirmation from you before firing across some money.

Cheers.

Life has no rebuy options
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55993 on: June 20, 2022, 10:04:00 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55994 on: June 20, 2022, 10:13:19 PM »

Evening.

Wow, that soon went. Thank you.

Let's deal with the bullet thing first.

I feel pretty bad about this, as I should have made it clear originally, so it's 100% on me. I'm grateful to Ralph for raising it - far better now than afterwards - & for all the comments for & against.

I've wrestled with it all weekend, & after much thought decided I'm going to stick with one bullet, for better or worse. Yes, it does put me at a disadvantage, but I've never taken a 2nd bullet in a WSOP thing before, & I've managed a handful of cashes. Thing is, on a personal basis I don't feel I can justify the potential extra cost, & if I can't justify potentially losing my own cash, it just feels wrong to expect others to chip in.

So, that's where we are.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 3729 3730 3731 3732 [3733] 3734 3735 3736 3737 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: