blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:43:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Kev B, TightEnd, Tal and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3736 3737 3738 3739 [3740] 3741 3742 3743 3744 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297366 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56085 on: July 08, 2022, 08:22:07 PM »

Firstly, & as always, Sue & Dave Norsden (KidGirlGy & KidGrimsby Next Door) came along to give me some support, as they always do, year after year.

Next up was Tal, who as some of you noted, wrote that superb piece. The "sombre" shirt he mentioned was dayglow yellow, a Walmart bargain at 3 for $9.99. He's in the same room as me today, so I'll go see him before play starts.

Chatted with Barny Boatman - who might just be one of the best Twitter Follows there is.

Bruno Fitoussi popped across to say hi complete with his electric & eccentric hair. He was on the same table as Ben Mayhew, who is a lapsed blonde (Sunday8pm) & a Sky Poker reg these days. He got quartered in a huge pot by Pads right near the end.

John Kabbaj was there briefly, and Chainsaw was on the next table moaning non-stop. I do quite like him though.  

I received good wishes from Birthday Girl Jen Mason.

A very good friend of almost 20 years standing - who I had spent time with at the SPT the previous day & with whom I chat on WhatsApp every day - advanced on my table & as I stood up to shake his hand he completely blanked me, seems he was keen to speak to the massage girl behind me as he wanted a foot massage. Then he realised who I was & we had a good natter. One of those sorts who seems to have spent most of Lockdown eating, & he has certainly timbered up, but gotta love Chompy. As it happens, the added weight looks OK on him, he's got the frame for it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 08:24:03 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56086 on: July 08, 2022, 08:26:22 PM »

That's it for now, play starts in 90 minutes, & it's a half-hour walk to The Paris.

Not much of a running update, but I simply can't cope with doing them at the table these days & I just feel the investors deserve at least some news from the front, & that's about the best I can manage.

Gotta go find that 2Xup or bust now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56087 on: July 08, 2022, 08:43:16 PM »

A half-hour walk you say - in that heat - you'll probably shed half a stone and be dripping wet!

Best of Rippish to you.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56088 on: July 08, 2022, 10:26:50 PM »

Nice feeling to get those mentions, good write ups, thanks for taking the time

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #56089 on: July 08, 2022, 10:43:32 PM »

Early double up………
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56090 on: July 08, 2022, 11:14:51 PM »

1 hour levels today, first level complete and we are still here in Scoopio City.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56091 on: July 08, 2022, 11:35:38 PM »

Back down to 58,000

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56092 on: July 08, 2022, 11:52:14 PM »

In a raised pot I flop the nut high and check to the aggressor who leads out for 20,000. Instead of moving in and taking the pot there I make the mistake of giving him a free card and it gives him a low draw which hits, so instead of a lovely scoop we chop. ThfthfhtfdhtdAarg.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56093 on: July 09, 2022, 12:16:07 AM »

In a raised pot I flop the nut high and check to the aggressor who leads out for 20,000. Instead of moving in and taking the pot there I make the mistake of giving him a free card and it gives him a low draw which hits, so instead of a lovely scoop we chop. ThfthfhtfdhtdAarg.

No free cards ,bet your hand.

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56094 on: July 09, 2022, 12:19:41 AM »

40,000 and in deep poo now, and still 30+ to the money. Pot limit blinds are 1,500-3,000/3,000.

Stand by for the all- in with any 4/5 cards, no choice.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56095 on: July 09, 2022, 12:46:26 AM »

BUSTO.

Details to follow when I've stopped sulking.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #56096 on: July 09, 2022, 11:56:39 AM »

BUSTO.

Details to follow when I've stopped sulking.

oh no.  will send monies when I work it out.  

Big shout out to Bill Slaght whilst I am here.

I was in many hands with him in the 1500 PLO8.  He had a sliding doors moment when he was one of the better online players until black friday came along. At the time he was flying high, with a training site and I gather he was highly ranked, but stayed home with his young family rather than leaving to play elsewhere.

https://anteupmagazine.com/2012/01/25/poker-pro-bill-slaght-is-back-among-the-living/

Things went worse for him after that and he stopped playing poker for some years and only really started playing again 6 months ago (from memory).

Anyway, he outlasted me in the 1500 plo8.  He was talking about not been good enough for the 10k, but I reckoned he'd be above average in it, and I saw he gave it a go and cashed for 20k .  I don't know if he played the main, he was considering it, so guess he did.

Anyway, I think he is 5th in chips, if Barney Boatman doesn't win it, I hope he gets the lot.

PS hope he wasn't your nemesis Tikay.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56097 on: July 09, 2022, 06:51:29 PM »

Morning.

Day 2 was one of the most exhilarating & exciting days I've ever had in poker, maybe because I went on a bit of a heater & had so much action. And maybe I got a little over-excited due to that & played too many hands. The exit was so disappointing, but I'd been all-in and been called several times, so I suppose one was bound to go against me eventually.

I was bitterly disappointed, & that walk back along the Strip in blistering heat was not much fun. No different to anyone ever who bust a Tourney though, it's the nature of the game. Think it's OK to have a 10 minute curly lip & then move on.

My first table was just perfect, we were all short, most had around 50,000. (I began with 31,000). Proper card rush, & it's very very easy to play a short stack. In the first orbit I was all-in 3 times, two chops, each for a small profit (half of the blinds & ante), plus a SCOOP to bust the only player shorter than me. Got to around 60,000 then the table broke. Bugger.

My new table was a different kettle of fish altogether, the table was groaning with the weight of chips. Nice people though, all warm & chatty, & no bad blood or Serious Heads.

Took a few pots, blinded off a bit, then a key hand came up & we went three way.

I don't recall the suits, & nobody was on the flush draw, but I had.....

two hearts  

And we saw this flop of dreams...

Flops don't come better. It was all a bit cagey, obviously.

Eventually, on the River, we lose the third player & me & Billy Big Stack get all-in. No sooner had the dealer said "turn 'em over" than Big Stack says "chop it up" (we both had a wheel by then) but he had not realised I had the 7 high straight as well, so I got three quarters of a decent pot.

This took me over 100,000 for the first time. At this stage there were 190 players left from around 770 entries, so 100,000 was as near as damn average stack. Now I'm starting to dream....

A key hand then went off which was the turning point.

I flopped the stone cold nuts & nut flush redraw on this flop....

(I'm holding K-Q-10-9-X with nut spades).

We are heads up & I check to let my man bet, & he made it 20,000.

No free cards in Omaha? Nope, but after a lengthy dwell, I decided this was the time to gamble, so I just called.

The turn came a low, & I don't want him hitting his low, so I move all-in & he quickly calls. He had A-10, a bad spade draw, & two random low cards. The board runs out low low & we end up chopping it.

This hand upset me considerably, as I was certain I had butchered it, & the chance to go to above average. After some thought though, in fact, although it WAS a mistake, it made no difference.

Why a mistake? Well, having thought it through, the ONLY safe card was a 9. I don't know his hand at this point but any broadway card may give him the same straight, any pair up I'm not going to like, & any low cards are potentially good for him. In fact, he had A-Q-10-3-5 for flopped two pair & broadway gutterball plus back door straight. So yes, I should have moved all-in on the flop, but I doubt it made any difference. (He was playing 400,000+ so an easy call).  

That seemed to make a turning point & I lost every hand after that, dribbling from 100,000+ to around 40,000. We were still about 30 spots off the money, so I can't fold to the money. So I upped the aggro & got a couple of bets through. I visited the well once too often though, getting a caller with a nice low hand in which I flopped two pair on a 2-3-5 flop. He had the A-4 though, so I was drawing real thin even to chop. Bugger.

Not sure where I finished, but it was roughly 140th of 771, with 116 paid, or something like that.

On reflection, there's a bunch of coulda, woulda shoulda, but in fact I don't think I did too much wrong other than lack of aggression on Day 1, & I certainly had a ball. That Tourney is just SO good.

Give me 10 minutes & then I'll try & reply to the other posts now.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 06:55:28 PM by tikay » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56098 on: July 09, 2022, 08:10:50 PM »

Meh

Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56099 on: July 09, 2022, 08:17:13 PM »

Some things never change - this year's Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest was won by You Know Who, for the 7th straight year. I keep hoping he will choke on the damn things but he never does.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2022/07/05/nathan-s-hot-dog-eating-contest-protesters-charged--nypd

Was quite an eventful occasion

“As soon as I grabbed the guy, I realized he was a kid,’’ the 38-year-old Chestnut said. “I felt bad afterwards. I was just amped up, just focused on getting back to eating."

Yes, I saw that.

I googled his earnings, & with endorsements & sponsors, he (supposedly) makes around $500,000 per annum for stuffing junk food down his throat.

What a weird world we live in.

Pages: 1 ... 3736 3737 3738 3739 [3740] 3741 3742 3743 3744 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: