blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:58:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273518 Posts in 66761 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6418192 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6885 on: July 04, 2008, 05:26:25 PM »

just a quick tidbit about the luxor.

If you stand at the base and look up at night when the beam is on you will see bats......thousands of them....

I had not heard about that before. So I went to google images & found this.......

A long exposure nighttime shot of the light abouve the Luxor hotel in Vegas. The squiggles are either bats or birds swarming around the light, maybe both. In this pic you can see the bugs that they're chasing. I've been to Vegas a couple of times and never seen anything like it. Amazing!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6886 on: July 04, 2008, 05:33:56 PM »

No wonder all the bats are attracted to it!

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6887 on: July 04, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »

Today, on Interstatre 5, Northbound, between Sahara & (?), I ran into the back of another car. I've never done that in 45 years of driving, & was devestated.

Not much damage, except to my pride & ego. I was lost, not concentrating fully - mind elsewhere - the nose-to-tail 40mph traffic jam stopped quickly, & I could not stop in time. My fault completely.

No excuses, I should have been able to stop, but the car never had Anti-lock braking, the wheels locked, & I just skidded gently into his arse. I was absolutely horrified with myself.

Other driver had no insurance, & it was not his car, & he insisted on waiting for the Police to arrive. We both rung them, but due to a misunderstanding, we were parked on the meridian strip for 3 hours, awaiting the Police. In 100f+ temperatures.

I felt so sorry for the lad, he did nothing wrong, & I ran into him, & now he's in all sorts of trouble. There were no raised voices or recriminations, I just shrugged my shoulders & apologized, & we shook hands like grown-ups.

His name was, unbelievably, Jacob Devilla-Houghtailing. Hispanic origin.

I was given a "citation" - equivelant to a Summons - a fixed-penalty job, for driving without due care, or whatever, & I have until October to pay it. I don't know how much it is, as the writing on the State of Nevada documentation is too small to read. The "Highway Patrol" man was terrific, with great people skills, & extremely polite & understanding.

Here's "my" damaged Dollar-Rent-A-Car Dodge Charger, rented by Sky for me, with stoved in drivers-side headlight. I also apologised to the Sky Suits. Boy, I was not best pleased with myself.

Dont worry Tikay

Not as stupid as i felt spinning my Ferrari 180 degrees whilst exiting a roundabout and overtaking a mini metro . Ended up facing the wrong way  with 2 wheels up on the central reservation in a big thorny bush ...to make things worse said mini metro poodled past laughing...sigh

Yeah, a bit skittish ferrari's are, keep at it you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: July 04, 2008, 07:32:05 PM »

Today, on Interstatre 5, Northbound, between Sahara & (?), I ran into the back of another car. I've never done that in 45 years of driving, & was devestated.

Not much damage, except to my pride & ego. I was lost, not concentrating fully - mind elsewhere - the nose-to-tail 40mph traffic jam stopped quickly, & I could not stop in time. My fault completely.

No excuses, I should have been able to stop, but the car never had Anti-lock braking, the wheels locked, & I just skidded gently into his arse. I was absolutely horrified with myself.

Other driver had no insurance, & it was not his car, & he insisted on waiting for the Police to arrive. We both rung them, but due to a misunderstanding, we were parked on the meridian strip for 3 hours, awaiting the Police. In 100f+ temperatures.

I felt so sorry for the lad, he did nothing wrong, & I ran into him, & now he's in all sorts of trouble. There were no raised voices or recriminations, I just shrugged my shoulders & apologized, & we shook hands like grown-ups.

I was given a "citation" - equivelant to a Summons - a fixed-penalty job, for driving without due care, or whatever, & I have until October to pay it. I don't know how much it is, as the writing on the State of Nevada documentation is too small to read. The "Highway Patrol" man was terrific, with great people skills, & extremely polite & understanding.

Here's "my" damaged Dollar-Rent-A-Car Dodge Charger, rented by Sky for me, with stoved in drivers-side headlight. I also apologised to the Sky Suits. Boy, I was not best pleased with myself.

Dont worry Tikay

Not as stupid as i felt spinning my Ferrari 180 degrees whilst exiting a roundabout and overtaking a mini metro . Ended up facing the wrong way  with 2 wheels up on the central reservation in a big thorny bush ...to make things worse said mini metro poodled past laughing...sigh

lol i had the exact same accident

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6889 on: July 04, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »

Dont worry Tikay

You drive a Mini Metro Flushy?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: July 04, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »

Dont worry Tikay

You drive a Mini Metro Flushy?

Cheesy

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6891 on: July 04, 2008, 09:00:06 PM »

The Sky qualifiers, looking forward to their lift back to McCarran with tikay...
kenjude

View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: July 04, 2008, 09:40:35 PM »

Anonyous tourist dude makes the most of photo opportunity with megastar Kara.  Grin

Cheers

Ken
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: July 04, 2008, 10:12:31 PM »

how are the sky players doing?
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6894 on: July 04, 2008, 10:16:51 PM »

Still in A&E?

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: July 04, 2008, 10:18:05 PM »

Two play today - Will & Jason - & are doing OK so far, but we are only 1 Level in. Mike & Greg play tomorrow.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: July 04, 2008, 10:22:01 PM »

Still in A&E?

Sigh.......

Am I never gonna hear the end of this?

I offered two of them a lift downtown yesterday, both declined. "No worries tikay, we'd rather walk the 3 miles in the 100 degree heat, thank you". One tinsy winsy coming together,  & everyone's on my case.

As for that Des D........

Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: July 04, 2008, 10:32:56 PM »

Unlucky Tikay and 3 hours in that heat. I couldn't last 20 minutes by the pool.

PS If you bump in to Andy Black again (or if anyone else does), can you ask him where did he buy his Madness T shirt that he wore for the Premier league final? Cheers.  Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: July 04, 2008, 10:34:43 PM »

Some folks - not me, for sure! - have that knack of saying so much, in so few words, & even then, convey a meaning which somehow says "yup, know exactly what you mean".

I bet you can work out who said this to me today, apropros the WSOP Main Event, in a note......

still in tho, got 11k, 20 bb's when we return on tuesday so plenty to be a pain in the ass with.

Sums up him, & his game, so perfectly.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: July 04, 2008, 10:38:42 PM »

Heard an extraordinary thing this morning, & from an impeccable source.

Wm Hill had 15 WSOP Qualifiers. (Or, more technically, 15 players won "Vegas Package Holidays", so worded for legal reasons).

How many of them took the Seat? Two.

Anyone know what the 'Stars ratio of package v cash was, just out of interest? (I don't, it's not a trick question).

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: