blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:06:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 552 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6366500 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8205 on: August 17, 2008, 03:27:37 PM »

Good article that.  They were talking on the telly about the benefit from the "aggregate of minute gains" - all the small details combining to create that winning difference.

It's certainly working.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8206 on: August 17, 2008, 03:31:10 PM »

Jeanette Kwakye did well, and I like her attitude that she's done well this time with a PB, etc., but she's going to do better in 2012.

thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: August 17, 2008, 04:54:08 PM »

Jeanette Kwakye did well, and I like her attitude that she's done well this time with a PB, etc., but she's going to do better in 2012.

thumbs up

Fandabidozee

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8208 on: August 17, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »

thumbs up

Fandabidozee

LOL - when I saw her name on the screen that was the first thing I thought of as well.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: August 17, 2008, 05:30:53 PM »

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8210 on: August 17, 2008, 06:07:19 PM »

I thought this lass was adorable. Star of the Gymnastics for me.

Surely the British chap too, tikay, who won our first medal since the dinosaurs. He bronzed it up in that event Chip Reese won a couple of years back.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 06:09:01 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: August 18, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »

Old people Tikay....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7568045.stm

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: August 18, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »

What's that gotta do with old people"?

On the subject of flying mishaps, the 'plane crash near Coventry Airport yesterday was terrible.

A Cessna, used for Aerial Surveys, just coming into land, collided with a microlight, & 5 people were killed. All that space up there, & they collide mid-air - how unlucky is that?

I'm curious - do microlight "planes" need to file Flight Plans, & comply with CAA regs & stuff? If not, Commercial Pilots must love those micro boys. Not.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: August 18, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »

On the subject of flying mishaps, the 'plane crash near Coventry Airport yesterday was terrible.

A Cessna, used for Aerial Surveys, just coming into land, collided with a microlight, & 5 people were killed. All that space up there, & they collide mid-air - how unlucky is that?

I'm curious - do microlight "planes" need to file Flight Plans, & comply with CAA regs & stuff? If not, Commercial Pilots must love those micro boys. Not.

Wow - yesterday afternoon my Dad and I watched a microlight go over the house and he said how much he would love to try it. I wonder if it was the same one or am I too far away?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: August 18, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »

Wow - yesterday afternoon my Dad and I watched a microlight go over the house and he said how much he would love to try it. I wonder if it was the same one or am I too far away?

The accident occurred at 11.30am (that's in the morning....), & you are a bit far away. It's quite close to where Red lives though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: August 18, 2008, 03:37:45 PM »

Yeah microlights have to adhere to the rules as well, they don't have to file a flight plan though, neither does the Cessna.

Flight plans are needed for intl flights and class A airspace flights

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: August 18, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »

The pilot was hardly young!!!

Can imagine him saying "Back in my day there were no power lines there...."

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: August 18, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

Yeah microlights have to adhere to the rules as well, they don't have to file a flight plan though, neither does the Cessna.

Flight plans are needed for intl flights and class A airspace flights

Wow - a Cessna light aircraft does not have to file a flight plan? I'm surprised by that - so one could fly into, say, Heathrow or Gatwick, without a flight plan? Surely not?

The Cessna was professionally operated, by Reconnaissance Ventures Ltd, who do work for Ordnance Survey, RAF, etc. No news on the background of the Microlight pilot, though.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: August 18, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »

The pilot was hardly young!!!

Can imagine him saying "Back in my day there were no power lines there...."

I bet he looked a lot younger when he took off.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: August 18, 2008, 03:46:17 PM »

I'm in the midst of a run of "adverse variance" right now, but tonight, I plan to reverse that, at Luton. With Comp & Ding in the field, I'm extremely confident.

Pages: 1 ... 544 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 552 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: