blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 08:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273399 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 823 824 [825] 826 827 828 829 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6411879 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12360 on: March 23, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »

Wow stunning, thought provoking and very eerie photo's. Ty for posting them.

+1

some of the graffiti,  is incredibly harrowing (in particular the photo with the black figure on the right hand side)

i remember reading somewhere that after they put on the (2nd?)  sarcophagus and radioactivity went down the area has turned into a wildlife haven. I liked the photo of the silver birch coming through one of the hotel balconies.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12361 on: March 23, 2009, 03:49:39 PM »

fantastic photos very eerie

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: March 23, 2009, 05:24:56 PM »

The tour guide must be a very special kind of person. To work day in and day out in that environment, it can't be good for him.

I guess he just thinks it's really important for people to see Chernobyl.

the amount of radiation you're exposed to on that day trip (as long as you don't do anything stupid like rolling around in the grass) is about the same as you get on a standard flight from london to NY so not too bad as a one off. no idea how bad the repeated exposure is though although there are still many thousands of people living in chernobyl oblast close to the site who don't seem to be affected as badly as you'd think.

we were at one point in negotiations with the government to farm the surrounding land as there are now millions of acres of land sat there unused and non food crops are unaffected by the radiation. finding people willing to go into the area and carry out the work would've been tricky though

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: March 25, 2009, 12:06:15 PM »

Thank you for all the comments & questions, I will reply soonest, I have some stuff to sort out first.

But for now.........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: March 25, 2009, 12:08:31 PM »

PokerStars continue to extend their domination of Poker, I had a long Press Release from them today, but, in short, it said.....

PokerStars and BugsysClub have forged a deal which sees PokerStars.comtaking on all BugsysClub player accounts. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: March 25, 2009, 12:12:46 PM »

...and continuing with the theme of change, I had an e-Mail yesterday from Edward Ihre, the Poker Big Cheese at Ladbrokes. Well, ex Poker Big Cheese, as he said it was "my last day at Ladbrokes".

He gave a Swedish Moby number, &  private e-Addy, so I guess that's that.

I liked Edward a lot. He was at PokerStars before joining Ladbrokes, & is seen as a "high-flyer".

I wish him well, I found him to be an absolute Gent, helpful to both blonde, & myself, & ever gracious & polite.

kenjude

View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: March 25, 2009, 12:13:07 PM »

Thank you for all the comments & questions, I will reply soonest

If you were a band, Tikay, you could release a live album to fill a gap in the studio work.

Is there a diary equivalent of the live album I wonder Smiley

Cheers

Ken
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: March 25, 2009, 12:19:02 PM »

Thank you for all the comments & questions, I will reply soonest

If you were a band, Tikay, you could release a live album to fill a gap in the studio work.

Is there a diary equivalent of the live album I wonder Smiley

Lol!

I just don't know where the days & hours go.

I have a bit of a heavy Report I'm working on right now, & I'm finding it heavy going. My "to do" List is happily crammed, exactly as I would wish, but keeping the balance just so is a neat trick I've yet to master. I planned to spend all Monday & Tuesday on blonde, but the Forum "mood" deprressed me so much that I kopped out. It's weird how Forums can have moods, but they do.

Anyways, I will reply to the comments soonest, but I just gotta get a few jobs done first.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: March 25, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »

More incoming from the ever-busy PokerStars Press Team.

A big Release, but, in short, "we have signed Johnny Lodden".

I'm delighted for Johnny, I really am, he's an extremely likeable fella. I think Compo modelled his game on Johnny, who was adopted by Norwegian parents as an infant.

It was only a matter of time before 'Stars signed him, I think. Lodden, not Compo, that is.

Amazing, how most of the Online Poker Industry - with a handful of exceptions - are struggling, but 'Stars earn so much money, they can't spend it fast enough.

Can you imagine the PokerStars Board Meeting every Monday morning?

"So, how much we made this week?"

"Sizteen zillion dollars, up 30%, unique users up 20%, raked hands up 35%".

"FFS, what are we going to do with it all?"

But they deserve their success. Their Customer-Care, & non-stop Software development, are key.

Still, trees don't grow to the sky, as Warren Buffett is so fond of reminding us. But 'Stars are having a damn good try.

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: March 25, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »

Tony did you see yr boy Will Brewin has done it again (vegas)  thumbs up
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: March 25, 2009, 04:25:18 PM »

Tony did you see yr boy Will Brewin has done it again (vegas)  thumbs up

I most certainly did.

In fact, despite the fact I find Online Poker is not something that it's much fun to watch, (unless shown on TV, get my drift>), I Railed every single hand of the whole Tourney, & in fact wrote a full Blog for Sky Poker detaling every single exit, hand for hand.

I can barely recall a more exciting Tourney online, tbh. Several blondes were in the shake-up, and it went on for about 4 hours, with 5k starting stack & 15 minute Blinds.

It was a £10k pcxkage for the winner, £9k cash for the second, & zilch for 3rd, so it was some Bubble!

3 handed, FREELANCER got felted, down to 2 x BB, but 4 hands later, he was Chip Daddy! He eventually busted.

The runner-up - a small stakes fun player, Naomi, was almost in tears when we spoke on Monday - £9k is life-changing for her, & she plans to put the cash to good use, paying down bills & stuff.

The winner - Will Brewin, is treading the same path as last year, when he went to Vegas with Sky & scooped $41,500 for 118th place. So, a double-up for him.

Both will be phoning in to Friday's Editon of The Club. (Recorded today).

It's a bit odd, getting excited about this sorta thing, winning trips to Vegas & so on, at my age, but I thought it was just terrific drama, theatre almost, & I could barely sleep afterwards, & I was in the Office by 9am Monday morning, writing aboiut it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:28:14 PM by tikay » Logged

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: March 25, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »

Their Customer-Care, & non-stop Software development, are key.

Customer service is nowhere near as good as it once was, despite the fact i have asked them SIX times they have not called me back, all i want to do is give them shit loads of rake.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: March 25, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »

Customer service is nowhere near as good as it once was, despite the fact i have asked them SIX times they have not called me back, all i want to do is give them shit loads of rake.

Threre you go, Warren was right!

Which reminds me.......

Flushy is on "In-Poker" this week - the last airing is TONIGHT.

It's an "In-Depth" with his Flushyness, & well worth a gander. If only for the intro Compo & I dreamed up for him.....

He's so not gonna be happy.......

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12373 on: March 25, 2009, 04:51:59 PM »

Threre you go, Warren was right!

Which reminds me.......

It's an "In-Depth" with his Flushyness, & well worth a gander. If only for the intro Compo & I dreamed up for him.....

He's so not gonna be happy.......

time please

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: March 25, 2009, 04:55:10 PM »

what time, nothing on my sky planner

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 823 824 [825] 826 827 828 829 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: