blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:58:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "Lost" fans
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Lost" fans  (Read 80880 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 04:38:33 PM »

One thing that is bugging me is we know of the 'Oceanic 6', of which 4 are confirmed so far, Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid. But Jack said to Kate outside the cop station that there were 8 survivors?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 04:39:32 PM »

I stopped watching the show half way through last series.  Only picked it up again because I thought there was some chance we'd get some real answers this season, but alas...they drag us along another bit.

pft - just admit it - you're as slow as me! Cheesy

That too   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »

One thing that is bugging me is we know of the 'Oceanic 6', of which 4 are confirmed so far, Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid. But Jack said to Kate outside the cop station that there were 8 survivors?

Mrsboldie solved that one.

They said there were 8 survivors of the original plane crash..this would give people who wanted to stay on the island a chance to stay on the island.
 There might only have been 6 that were part of the Oceanic 6 and that could mean the other 2 died at some stage....wide ope to interpretation that one. The question is of course.."what happened to "the others" other than Ben"?..do they also get off the island?..If so how and what is their explanation?

I'm beginning to get bored just typing this...thank God they only show this nonsense 1 hour a week.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »

he said when he was testifying that 8 people survived the crash.  Perhaps the 'official' story is that two of them died before being rescued?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »

he said when he was testifying that 8 people survived the crash.  Perhaps the 'official' story is that two of them died before being rescued?

Yeah basically when the "oceanic 6" were rescued, I think they all came up with a story to cover what really happened. Jack has obviously told this story loads of times, which Kate referred to after the court case.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »

charlie spoke to penny and said that whatsisname was there too, so there obv needs to be a story to explain that if they didn't get off the island.

2 previews for next week here looks awesome as usual

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »

I don't understand the people that keep saying it's rubbish because they're not getting answers, yet these are the people that still watch the show! 

Part of the shows success is that, much like Twin Peaks which most of these series owe their existence too, is that it keeps things open and encourages you to (god forbid!) use your imagination which is often much more interesting than any answer they could serve up.

In my opinion, they HAVE answered plenty of questions, but like DaveShoelace said, they open new questions, which is perhaps the show's biggest weapon as it keeps people watching. If they just answered everything in the first few episodes, there'd be no discussions with friends, no wonder, no nothing - that would be it and you'd have no reason to carry on watching. It's this mystery that people love, even if they don't know it!

Lost is awesome in my opinion. The acting is excellent and I love the fact there are so many questions as it gives you so much more to think about. I sincerely hope, as Twin Peaks did, that they don't attempt to wind every single arc, storyline, detail up by the end of the show. It's just a shame that the modern day audience wants everything served to them on a plate.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »

I don't understand the people that keep saying it's rubbish because they're not getting answers, yet these are the people that still watch the show! 

Part of the shows success is that, much like Twin Peaks which most of these series owe their existence too, is that it keeps things open and encourages you to (god forbid!) use your imagination which is often much more interesting than any answer they could serve up.

In my opinion, they HAVE answered plenty of questions, but like DaveShoelace said, they open new questions, which is perhaps the show's biggest weapon as it keeps people watching. If they just answered everything in the first few episodes, there'd be no discussions with friends, no wonder, no nothing - that would be it and you'd have no reason to carry on watching. It's this mystery that people love, even if they don't know it!

Lost is awesome in my opinion. The acting is excellent and I love the fact there are so many questions as it gives you so much more to think about. I sincerely hope, as Twin Peaks did, that they don't attempt to wind every single arc, storyline, detail up by the end of the show. It's just a shame that the modern day audience wants everything served to them on a plate.

I dont get it, are you saying Jack and Sawyer are ghosts?
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2008, 06:11:58 PM »

What answers have been given?
We still don't know the purpose of the island?
Why is it undetectable?
What were darma doing?
What is the smoke?
Who were the others?
These are just the simple big ones, they promised some answers and i can't think of one so far this series.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2008, 07:13:29 PM »

Why is it undetectable?
What were darma doing?
What is the smoke?
Who were the others?
These are just the simple big ones, they promised some answers and i can't think of one so far this series.

q/ does any survivor get off the island      answered
ok im stuck at 1

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2008, 07:14:27 PM »

Lost = AA

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2008, 07:44:12 PM »

Possibly the best show ever. I didnt get into it straight away when it first came out but got given the first series box set. Me and the missus watched all 24 (ish) epsiodes virtually back to back one weekend. I then took a few days off work, went and bought the next box set and did the same again. LIkewise the 3rd series after downloading it.

Top quality stuff.

Polar bears. WTF?

Best QM ever

FACT !
MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 04:48:53 PM »

Why is it undetectable?
What were darma doing?
What is the smoke?
Who were the others?

The big question after season 1 (or 2, I can't remember) was "what's under the hatch?"  That's now been answered
Up until now, everyone must have been questioning whether anyone else could reach the island - that's a definite yes...
Another biggie was the question behind Clare and the clairvoyant - she was told that she was in danger and her baby would be taken from her - seems we've had that one answered on Sunday
There are many other character related questions that have been aswered but you are right, none of the questions you posted have been.  I think it would spoil it for me if they were though - especially at this stage...

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2008, 05:04:38 PM »

blimey this lost lark ... its sooooooooooooooo obvious, and i am sorry in advance for spoiling it for all of you.... but here goes ---

Only 8 survived the crash, 2 died while awaiting rescue, 6 survived but due to surviving on a diet consisting solely on "Magic Mushrooms" , they spent all their time on the island tripping off their tits and imagining all sorts of weird shit.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2008, 05:17:30 PM »

blimey this lost lark ... its sooooooooooooooo obvious, and i am sorry in advance for spoiling it for all of you.... but here goes ---

Only 8 survived the crash, 2 died while awaiting rescue, 6 survived but due to surviving on a diet consisting solely on "Magic Mushrooms" , they spent all their time on the island tripping off their tits and imagining all sorts of weird shit.

Yeah, thanks Kev. You have ruined it now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: