blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Grosvenor Midlands Masters: Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grosvenor Midlands Masters: Interactive  (Read 23721 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 09:30:02 PM »

Ok, late entries have been arriving, taking the current total to 85 runners. Late entries include: Mickey Wernick (now on Table Rutter/Chili), Ash Pervais, Amir Abassi, R Gurnham, M Mirza, MZ Hussain, Jon Hewston and Red Dog (currently residing on Table Snoopy/Colclough/Woodley/Thew/Herbert). This is a double chance freezeout and that looks like a crazy table to me, so hopefully I will catch some interesting raisey fireworks over there at some point...

By the way Red Dog came second in the £500, so congratulations congratulations! What to say to people when they go out of tournaments, winners or no, is very definitely not my strong point, so I'm fairly certain I offended him somehow. Oops. Nevertheless, very well done, sir.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 09:51:21 PM »

The card room is reverberating to the regular cry of "CHIIIIIIPS!!!", but I have yet to catch anyone in the act except for Mr M Artemis, who stuck it in with, I believe, on an all-club flop and was called by Aces, the fourth club on the river giving Mr One-Of-My-Aces-Is-A-Club a higher flush.

I also witnessed Mr Steve Jelinek take down a smallish pot with a 1k bet on a two hearts board. He didn't look like he wanted his photo taken, but I took it anyway. In fact I have taken a lot of photos. Enjoy:

Mr Steve Jelinek

Thomas Dunwoodie and Ash Hussain

Lucy Rokach

Stuart Rutter (is there a scarf there?? Is it merely coat??? Is there a scarf hidden underneath the coat?Huh? I have no idea)

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 09:55:26 PM »

Mr Mickey Wernick and Ms Maria Demetriou

Messrs Des Jonas, Dave Smith and Ben Callinan

Tablemates Smoopy...

...Messrs Dave Colcough, Julian Thew and Ian Woodley...

...Mr Ian Herbert...

Click to see full-size image.

...and Mr Tom Red Dog McCready

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 09:59:52 PM »

Mr Andy Johnson

Mr Trevor Reardon

Mr Tim Flanders

Mr Matt Tyler, looking like he's on TV or something

And not playing today, but here pictured asleep with popcorn in her ear which Junglecat and I though was really funny a few days back in Waterford, Ms Jen Mason. He he he.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 10:01:49 PM »

Tom arriving earlier:

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
phatomch

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 10:03:03 PM »

Ant news on any of the welsh boys please ...
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »

How many chips do they get in total? 

I am so not going to comment on that picture of me.  Taking advantage of the passed-out is childish and unfunny.  You'd better sleep with one eye open from now on.

Congratulations Red Dog!!  And straight into another tourney - I admire that immensely.  Smiley

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 10:11:25 PM »

"I didn't know you used Head & Shoulders?"

Jen:  "I don't!"

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 10:21:57 PM »

How many chips do they get in total? 

It is 6k each chance, so 12k total. Amazingly there are four players gone already. We also thought Snoops might be gone - Chili drew my attention to the beagle apparently picking up his coat and wandering away from the Table Of Doom, but he was merely wandering to Table 6 to continue playing.

He tells me he dropped down to 4k (having taken all his chips at once, greedy dog), but has since doubled up. The drop was down to a turned Queen-high flush, which he checked; when the river paired the board and he bet, his opponent raised. After deciding there was no way that his opponent could have a full house, Snoops called - to be shown the Ace-high flush. Ouch. However, he then flopped a flush and straight draw and went up against Julian Thew's two-pair. He hit the flush, and is back up to 8k again. Go my 5%! I mean, good luck everyone, not just the guy I've got money on. Ahem.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 10:29:14 PM »

Hi folks!

I won't bore you with the fascinating details of my journey here, suffice to say I was on the verge of running updates from the interior of my train carriage. (Cutting a long story short, woman with screaming child beat irritatingly loud man on his mobile convincingly in their heads up battle) Muchas gracias to Dana for holding the fort all on her lovely lonesome in my absence.

Well, I've just been getting up to speed with developments thanks to Dana and I have to say, wow, that's a very strong field. Every table is bristling with strength, perhaps no better illustrated than Snoopy's "Mission Impossible" table. Still, I've said before Snoopy would make a good secret agent and this is his chance to prove that...

There's very few weak links in the field as far as I can see, and it is going to be a real battle out there between some very experienced and capable poker players.

Let's see what's happening!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 10:34:27 PM »

"I didn't know you used Head & Shoulders?"

Jen:  "I don't!"

As for this, well, it can be said we took advantage of a zonked out Jen a bit with this picture, but to be fair, we didn't make her eat theses pieces of popcorn. Nonetheless, a few seconds after the picture was taken, a quiet munching sound was heard and the popcorn was no more. EVEN THE ONE IN HER EAR!!!!!!

All that we heard was a quiet murmur from the apparently still asleep Jen....."mmmmmmm.....salty......"

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:44:38 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 10:43:59 PM »

Ant news on any of the welsh boys please ...

I saw an entertaining hand involving Welshyboy Mr Roberto Romanello. Three players, Roberto, Alan Stearn and the gent standing on the right in the below photo whose name I'm not massively sure of, were in the hand, with some pretty big betting up to the river of the board, at which point Roberto announced that that he was making a value bet of a paltry 200; both Artemis and Stearn called. There was no value in it for Roberto though. Said Mr Nameless, "I have a pair." "Well, if you have a pair, then I'm ahead!" said a cheerful Roberto, turning over an Ace. Both other players also turned over an Ace. Roberto and Alan turned over a Deuce kicker apiece, and Mr Unknown (please someone, help me out) took the whole lot with, er, a Seven kicker. Poker's fantastic.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 10:53:47 PM »

Players are on a wee short break. Update from the players who have wandered into our High Roller Press Room:

Chili has 15k

Snoops has 9k, and doesn't feel even slightly bad for doubling up off of Julian, as Julian himself doubled up first hand, shoving with a flush draw against someone else's two pair, so it's like divine justice, or something.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2007, 11:01:06 PM »

I run pretty good at finding interesting hands. I popped out on my first sojourn into the card room and immediately saw a massive hand on table 5...

The hand seemed to be being played out between the man in seat 9, who according to the player list is Chris Gavriel, but according to my eyes is not...and a player in seat 5 who was Andrew Bradshaw.

The chips had flown in on a , not suprisingly, since Andrew held for middle pair a gutshot and a straight flush draw, whilst the Chris Gavriel replacement, held 5-8 for the flopped straight.

The hand was over on the spectacular turn though, completing Andrew's middle pin straight flush to loud cries from his table!

The unlucky gent in seat 9 looked to have one solitary chips left with which to mount a comeback although I'm not sure if he had his second chance in reserve.

First hand to report on being a straight flush, I'm a happy cat Smiley

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 11:03:14 PM »

Hello, by the way, to multitasker of the day Mr Chris Bruce - not only are you playing the tournament, you seem to be reading the update at the same time! A round of applause for that!

Enjoy frippery below, if you are signed in...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: