blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 10:31:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272952 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final: Final Table
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final: Final Table  (Read 22488 times)
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2007, 09:14:58 PM »

Seat 1   Mark Friedman   500,000
Seat 5   Sami Yusef   1,000,000
Seat 9   Michael Ellis   1,500,000

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2007, 09:15:46 PM »

After each hand, the announcer tries to get the crowd to clap for the players as they take a down a pot.

Stephen Bartley observes, "Surely the players should be clapping the crowd?"

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2007, 09:21:47 PM »

The limping continues and 3 way flop again - They check this board

Two Clubs  then on the  turn Mark Friedman goes all in for 400,000.  The players both pass.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »

Michael makes it 120k total. Mark passes, but Sami makes the call.

Check, check. Utterly predictable.

Check, Mike Ellis bets 200k. Sami thinks, but we already know he's going to pass as he always seems fearful he's going to lose. And he does.

Mike is now the big chip leader on account that's he's making the least mistakes.

He gets a walk in the big blind,

Tournament Announcer, "When the cards are bad, the cards are bad."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2007, 09:30:57 PM »

The camera has just panned to the crowd who all look drugged beyond belief but with a longing in their eyes that says, "We would leave, if we hadn't all be drip-fed Thorozene..."

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2007, 09:33:43 PM »

It just goes to show how good the blonde updaters are when I am still reading this...this must be the most boring FT in the history of poker anywhere in the world.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2007, 09:36:52 PM »

C'mon Bennn
hi sunny not heard anything on the sat the other night pm on blond please

done Smiley
thank might get something sorted m8
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »

A walkathon now with Mike Ellis now getting most of the pots. I don't think he's lost one in the last 40 minutes and has almost 2 million in chips.

The biggest problem is that ALL the players are just content to showdown hands and hope they are ahead, there's very little stealing and all three are playing scared and refusing to commit pots. A seasoned player coming in with a decent/average stack would I think, have little trouble gradually stealing his way up as the other players, whilst they'll defend their blinds, they don't seem to be prepared to bet or indeed call with nothing post-flop. In many ways, this makes the final disappointing, and we're left wondering what would've have happened if John Kabbaj, Dave Colclough, Ross Boatman or Stuart Fox had made the final instead of some of these players.

We're now on a 10 minute break. Chili has gone off to get some photos or maybe to kill herself, I'm reckoning it's a coinflip.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2007, 09:48:39 PM »

I don't think it's fair to be too critical of these guys.

None of them have ever played for such a big title or for such a huge amount of money.. it's little wonder they are playing a tad timidly.

Cut them a little bit of slack.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »

None of them have ever played for such a big title or for such a huge amount of money.. it's little wonder they are playing a tad timidly.

This is the Internet, you are aloud to be as mean as you like Smiley

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2007, 09:51:35 PM »

Mark Friedman -- 282,000
Sami Yusuf -- 703,000
Mike Ellis -- 2,001,000

bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2007, 09:58:48 PM »

A walkathon now with Mike Ellis now getting most of the pots. I don't think he's lost one in the last 40 minutes and has almost 2 million in chips.

The biggest problem is that ALL the players are just content to showdown hands and hope they are ahead, there's very little stealing and all three are playing scared and refusing to commit pots. A seasoned player coming in with a decent/average stack would I think, have little trouble gradually stealing his way up as the other players, whilst they'll defend their blinds, they don't seem to be prepared to bet or indeed call with nothing post-flop. In many ways, this makes the final disappointing, and we're left wondering what would've have happened if John Kabbaj, Dave Colclough, Ross Boatman or Stuart Fox had made the final instead of some of these players.

We're now on a 10 minute break. Chili has gone off to get some photos or maybe to kill herself, I'm reckoning it's a coinflip.

from your 1st post day 1
With the buy-in starting at £3,000, this should weedle out all but the best players, and hopefully set us up with a high class field and some top quality play.
i think its nice to see the little weedles turning up the form book and showing everone it can be done good luck to them
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2007, 10:04:29 PM »

from your 1st post day 1
With the buy-in starting at £3,000, this should weedle out all but the best players, and hopefully set us up with a high class field and some top quality play.
i think its nice to see the little weedles turning up the form book and showing everone it can be done good luck to them

This was the best value big tournament I've played for many years.

There were countless weak and novice players.

I saw more "christmas presents" given at my tables than I will see on December 25th.

I am at a loss to explain why the field was so weak.. maybe St Kitts has something to do with it.. but all I know I am still kicking myself for not making the final Sad

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2007, 10:06:33 PM »

After Sami Yusuf and Mike Ellis take it turns to move in gradually grinding down Mark Friedman's stack to virtually nothing, finally though, he calls for his chips after Sami moves all-in.

Mark:

Sami Yusuf:

Board:

three diamonds three clubs

Mark Friedman is OUT in 3rd winning £71,300

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2007, 10:14:38 PM »

We probably have been very critical, but the sheer number of pots since they went 3-handed where neither player made a single bet at any point (I've never seen so many pots won at showdown by Queen-high and Jack-high), and the number of walks handed around around meant that updating it becomes incredibly difficult as constant posts of hands where one player limps and another checks, and hence they then check the flop, turn and river to showdown would most likely bore you all to death.

But apologies if you think we've been unduly harsh.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: