blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 03:14:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "To Blog or Not To Blog" that is the question
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "To Blog or Not To Blog" that is the question  (Read 66951 times)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »

just post for the first time in blog since the move to vegas   its a long entry but it gets me almost up to date

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2008, 05:06:04 PM »

just post for the first time in blog since the move to vegas   its a long entry but it gets me almost up to date

That's a GREAT read Jim, well done.

Bloody Sheridan - what a nightmare, both ends of the journey. It's good that you care so much.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »

Facinating read Jim, glad the cat's ok. Looking forward to hearing about day to day Vegas living.

PS- Is it expensive to fly a cat out?

The older I get, the better I was.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2008, 06:22:36 PM »

Have taken lots of pictures of her in her new home. You are only supposed to let your cat out of the house after 3 weeks when you move. We let her out into the back garden after less than 48 hrs. We are walled in so she can come in and out of the patio as she pleases.

To fly her out cost 638 pounds  abouts 200 pounds in vet charges and then $25 customs charge in Vegas.  All money well spent in my book.

slowmo

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2008, 06:41:07 PM »

Hi Jim, dont think we ever met , which seems a pity as i visit Vegas 3-4 times a year. I am really interested in how you can move to the USA to live as my understanding is there are all kinds of visa/permit issues. My sister lives in Florida and has to re-apply every 5 years or so. Do you have any American relatives ? Love the blog and good luck in your new life in Vegas
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2008, 06:49:53 PM »

Hi Jim, dont think we ever met , which seems a pity as i visit Vegas 3-4 times a year. I am really interested in how you can move to the USA to live as my understanding is there are all kinds of visa/permit issues. My sister lives in Florida and has to re-apply every 5 years or so. Do you have any American relatives ? Love the blog and good luck in your new life in Vegas

And for Jim McShane's benefit, I'd just say that SlowMo is a very dear friend of mine, and a top, top bloke, straight as a die. I must write a story about he & me, he pretty much changed my life - TWICE!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2008, 07:04:18 PM »

As people know getting visas for America isnt the easiest thing in the world to do. Imblagging it a bit as i go. My whole family moved out her 10 yrs ago and they just renewed there greencards. My brother is in the US airforce and is a citizen. He is applying for us to come over to stay. My dad is signing as a dependant for us so it should be ok just a matter of time. they recently changed there policy on green cards so things should speed up in the future. fingers crossed anyway

slowmo

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2008, 07:05:39 PM »

Hi Tikay, you say the nicest things. Actually I am a mess in progress" (certainly not proud of a lot of stuff I've done )but am taking the first steps on the road to HOPEFULLY being a genuinely nice guy.   was the first time I changed your life when I suggested you dismiss all thoughts of a pro golf career.lol
slowmo

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2008, 07:09:36 PM »

And I certainly wouldnt want to take any credit for changing your life for the better. Maybe you can share these life changers with me cos I am sureI dont know what they are.
slowmo

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »

Thanks for reply, Jimso has the green card system made it easier for Brits to retire over there. Last time I enquired the requirement was to invest at least a million dollars in a business. Caused me to look a Vancouver Island for me and my family , which is fabulous part of world btw.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2008, 07:17:06 PM »

Thanks for reply, Jimso has the green card system made it easier for Brits to retire over there. Last time I enquired the requirement was to invest at least a million dollars in a business. Caused me to look a Vancouver Island for me and my family , which is fabulous part of world btw.

I have lots of family n Vancouver  a most beautiful part of the world. the green card process wont be easier from now on just faster. it took my parents 2 years to get there green cards.

ill be applying for a residents visa and then a green card after that

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »

certainly not proud of a lot of stuff I've done

We're listening......

The older I get, the better I was.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2008, 02:51:31 PM »

And here she is

The tiled flooring in the kitchen has underfloor heating so she loves half sitting on it

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »

She looks very happy Jim.

I am one the 'lost password' brigade, but the blog is great.  And i'm not jealous at all either.

Keep updating!!!!!!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2008, 03:09:09 PM »

whats the daytime temp over there at the mo Jim?

How's the cat finding that?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: