blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Prague: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Prague: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 44625 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2007, 01:30:20 AM »

It's the final update of the year, all the way across from Prague, in Eastern Europe, another edition to the expanding EPT. But part of this update comes in the form of an announcement, that, as of next year, we'll be reducing the number of EPT updates that we do. The simple fact is that the vast majority of blonde's expenses go on live updates and with the Dusk til Dawn sponsorship (which everyone was incredibly grateful for and we hope we've given value for money in return) now ending, the truth of the matter is that blonde simply cannot afford to cover all the EPT's as more and more are introduced. (11 this year and they're looking for number 12 next year). We'll still be covering some of them and Copenhagen and the Grand Final in Monte Carlo will certainly be covered, but as for Dortmund, San Remo and Warsaw, their futures with regards to the blonde updates are much more up in the air.

Meanwhile, back in tourneyland, we're expecting numbers here to pick up slightly with the decrease in the buy-in to the much healthier (in my opinion) €5k.

A smattering of Scandies with a dosage of Brits, but not so many Americans due to the fact that the APPT final in Sydney is going on at the same time. Finally, Mad Harper (Winner of the Best Staff Member award in Paris at the Weekend, hurrah!) has informed me that the new slimmer, blonder Elky now resembles Billy Idol, which is something I really have to see for myself.

Play starts at 12pm(!)

You heard me right. That's 11am UK time, set your clocks people!!!!

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 02:44:05 AM »

It's the final update of the year, all the way across from Prague, in Eastern Europe, another edition to the expanding EPT. But part of this update comes in the form of an announcement, that, as of next year, we'll be reducing the number of EPT updates that we do. The simple fact is that the vast majority of blonde's expenses go on live updates and with the dusk til dawn sponsorship (which everyone was incredibly grateful for and we hope we've given value for money in return) now ending, the truth of the matter is that blonde simply cannot afford to cover all the EPT's as more and more are introduced. (11 this year and they're looking for number 12 next year). We'll still be covering some of them and Copenhagen and the Grand Final in Monte Carlo will certainly be covered, but as for Dortmund, San Remo and Warsaw, their futures with regards to the blonde updates are much more up in the air.

Sad news indeed. Is there any chance of sponsorship from elsewhere forthcoming?

I for one

image removed

the updates that the blonde team bring to us.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 09:15:36 AM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:33:51 AM »

Here's the poker room in all it's glory....

And the media room next door, with the longest table in the entire world.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:54:40 AM »

Wow, how often do I get to say good morning and for 10 more minutes here it is indeed a.m.  I have a non poker related treat for you guys today but can't log in to the online gallery at the moment for some reason so can't load photo's from last nights (free bar!!!) Pokerstars party.  Please do not fret though because I am on the picture uploading case and will succeed!!

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 11:16:23 AM »

A lonnnnnng anouncement has just been made by Thomas Kremser which is pretty handy because you get to find out stuff.  I'll give you a short run down:

8 levels will be played today of 1 hour length.

There will be a break every 2 hours for 15 mins.

Days 1a & 1b will all be 9 handed but revert to 8 handed tables once Day 2 begins.

There will be a redraw at the end of each day.

Play started rather promptly at 12.02 pm.

Also ***** BREAKING NEWS******  from Paul Gourlay

"It's bloody expensive here!!"  He informs us that 4 vodka's and a bowl of soup in the Hilton 24 hour cafe cost £70!!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:23:09 AM by Chili » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 11:24:30 AM »

Marc Karam, the former Grand Final Runner-Up, is off to a flier, he raised a 300 bet to 800 on a flop, raised a 500 bet to 2,500 on the turn, before having his 4,000 bet called on the river by his female opponent. "Flopped it," was the almost inaudible phrase muttered as he turned over to take a big early pot.

donrudo
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »

Thanks a ton for doing live coverage, I am looking forward to the updates.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 11:31:14 AM »

The offset of players not having to be in their seats for the start means that most players are playing about 5 handed and some tables even 3 handed!  A great chance for some early tomfoolery if you fancy being cheeky.  It looks like 238 players so far for today but registrations will still be taken in the first 2 levels.

Spotted today so far:

Johnny Lodden
Martin Wendt
Rolf Slotboom
Jeff Kimber
Julian Thew
Nicolas Levi
Katja Thater
Jonas Molander
Gunnar Ostebrod (fav Norwegian on the whole planet)
Arnaud Mattern
Markus Golser
Bengt Sonnert
Henning Granstad
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:24:24 PM by Chili » Logged

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here to impress all our Czech blondepoker members (?!?).  There is a well known Czech over here answering by the name of Pavel Blatny from Brno who is a semi pro poker player and qualified on Pokerstars for $8 or some such.   He is also a 4 time Czech Master of Chess!!!  Blatant chance at getting some puns in! 

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 12:01:16 PM »

It's a quiet start so far, it's hard to spot many Brits around today. Ray Wyre seems to be the only other one apart from Jeff and Julian. The latter informing me that one player limp-called from UTG with K-2, chased a gutshot all the way to the river and a second min-raised Q-9, called a re-raise and then chased on an Ace high board just to hit his pair.

In more amusing news, there had to be a semi-table redraw when all FIVE Betsson players, including Johnny Lodden, Henning Granstad,  and Gunner Osterbrod (pictured below - and who Maria really really really really really does not fancy. Honest) all got put on the same starting table. So three of them got moved. Anyone remember a situation like this happening before?

LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 12:08:05 PM »

238 runners...............nice to see the numbers back up and nearly sold out.........could the 5k entry be anything to do with it.
Good luck to all Blondes playing today.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 12:10:11 PM »

How is it possible for people to get there near 10,000 chips all in after a boring flop when faced with only a 1,200 bet in the first level??  This guy was not even a scandie nor below the age of 40 AND whilst I am recovering from dehydration and am grumpy, have you ever been faced with a player so annoying you want to call his all in bet just in the hope that he can leave the table?  Listening to music (loud) whilst sliding your head in a side to side motion is not a good look to be all in with!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:14:52 PM by Chili » Logged

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »

238 runners...............nice to see the numbers back up and nearly sold out.........could the 5k entry be anything to do with it.
Good luck to all Blondes playing today.

Yes it is nice to see and reckon they should just make the 500 capacity by tomorrow.  The lower entry of course attracts people and maybe even Prague itself having an alure to restless poker players.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 12:25:25 PM »

Just spotted a late arriver in blondite Riverdave or Dave Penly if you like.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 12:34:01 PM »

I think generally, I'm familiar with the vast majority of European players, but having spent a good ten minutes in the tournament area - a place which reminds me of a US College Basketball arena, most of the players are unrecognisable, there are so many new faces here it's untrue.

A pensive-looking Arnaud Mattern was facing a 3k bet on the river of a , which at this point was going to cost him half his stack. Clearly agonising over the hand, he thought for a long time during which we went into level 2, (and got that 'OOohhhh Yeah' soundclip from Ferris Bueller's Day Off played in the background). Eventually, I'm guessing due to the flurry of betting either preflop or on the flop, (the turn was apparently checked) Arnaud mucked his Kings face up, and was shown .

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: