blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:09:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272604 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 49081 times)
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »

I was really looking forward to actually being covered by you guys on the felt for once and not badgering you guys for updates but it wasn't meant to be because I busted early in level 2 today on a bluff.  No worries though because I'll be right back here tomorrow asking for my usual updates on Annette.
irishpete
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »

Hey,

If anybody could get an update on Jonathon Heath ["twistedecho"] it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2008, 09:52:10 PM »

We were sitting in lobby yesterday of Atlantis and a bus arrived full of poker players arriving.It looked more like a pick up from school.

Paul Alterman (along with comedy Americans) -- 23,200

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2008, 09:54:46 PM »

Michael Martin and Shannon Shorr are still plugging away, but both are very low with just 8,300 and 9,425 respectively.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2008, 09:56:56 PM »

Soren Kongsgaard, "I'm trying to bust really quickly because I'm in the Bahamas..."

Compatriot Tor Lagerborg is the chip leader now with around 70k, he's just knocked out John Shipley whose  has sailed. A raise in late position was flat-called by Lagerborg's Queens, Shipley raised a further 3k, the OR passed and Lagerborg set Shipley in, the latter calling with dominated Jacks.

board/

Chris Moneymaker bets 3k, but passes his fairly quickly when his opponent raises him another 8k.

Dan Carter has doubled up to 15k with Queens against Jacks.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2008, 09:57:07 PM »

Apparently, and according to the groupies either side, this large framed chap Joe Cappello, is one to look out for. He's currently on 25,000, so has his head above water so far today.

Joey Capello. Anyone else know him? He seems popular.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2008, 09:58:14 PM »

Can you please wish Dan all the best, and tell him that United stuffed Vills 2-0, thanks guys

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2008, 10:03:02 PM »

"I had a baaaaaaaaaaaaad 2007," reports Johnny Lodden to me as he raises to 700 pre-flop from early position. "2008 needs to be a lot better."

Still, he seems unfazed by life, even when he is called from Mateyboy on the button. Check check on a Flop, and Lodden decides to have a stab for 1,600 on the Turn. Mateyboy calls, although hesitantly, and then again on the River when the Lodden nonchalantly pops out 3k. The table takes a double take as Lodden reveals a rather inferior , in a spot of bother against Mateyboy's triumphant .

Still, the important thing is that Lodden is up there with the chip leaders with well over 40k. He's been threatening a big win for a few years, so perhaps this will be the one.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »

Apologies for any delays, the Internet is and out more than a drug-induced hokey cokey.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »

I was really looking forward to actually being covered by you guys on the felt for once and not badgering you guys for updates but it wasn't meant to be because I busted early in level 2 today on a bluff.  No worries though because I'll be right back here tomorrow asking for my usual updates on Annette.

Come on, you're going to have to elaborate for us. How outrageous was the bluff?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2008, 10:18:37 PM »

Come on, you're going to have to elaborate for us. How outrageous was the bluff?

He's posted in on p5's- pretty outrageous! lol

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2008, 10:19:53 PM »

Hey,

If anybody could get an update on Jonathon Heath ["twistedecho"] it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

Hey, is this your guy? If so, he has 9.5k, this photo taken in the midst of button thievery. (And eating his hand).

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:22:49 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »

Julian Thew is swimming along quite nicely with 33,000. He also had a message for his sponsors. "Tell the guys at William Hill that I could be sending them a big invoice." Crikey, if he means expenses from going down the shot, then I can subscribe to that. A packet of onion rings and Dairy Milk fruit and nut chocolate bar cost me $11.50 last night.  Shocked
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »

He's posted in on p5's- pretty outrageous! lol

Hey, no teasing, what happened? Will Jamie Gold be worried about his 'World's Greatest Bluffer' title?
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2008, 10:29:30 PM »

Lets see if I can do this Blonde style:

"I did it," triumphs Jason Laso.  "I somehow managed to beat last year's mark of 1 level + 10 minutes."  Jason is out of the PCA after 1 level + 5 mins this year for a new personal record.  After raising to 600 from late position into an absent big blind, a slow-witted older fellow in the SB re-raises to 1200. Both men see a flop of   where the unknown man bets out 2000.  After a short deliberation, Jason elects to call.  The turn brings a  , and once again the older fellow fires 2500.  Jason, in his usual methodic yet intimidating style, counts out the chips and calls the bet.  The river was the  , completing several straight and flush draws.  After a 3k bet from the old guy, Jason piles up his chips and moves himself all-in for over 8k more.  Using his alledged tight image to his advantage, Jason felt he could move the older gentleman off the hand but alas he called with   and Jason sheepishly mucked his  three diamonds .  Being the good sport, Jason shook the hand of his opponent and made a bad joke about his streak of busting early and the women here at the Atlantis, before leaving for the day.

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: